As a Hilton Honors member....we have come to expect excellent rooms and treatment because that is what Hilton has always given us. We have always been thrilled with Hilton and always have wonderful stays..til now. I hate complaining but feel as though it is necessary. I plan on sending an email to Hilton MB with the same lists of PROS and CONS. I feel the Hilton Company cares and knows enough to take an honest customer's opinion of their resort. As of now, we would not return. Our past stays in the Marriott Resort were consideraby better.
Restaurant staff: very sweet, helpful, the hostess remembered our daughter's name all week.....even having hundreds of other guests.
Breakfast buffet: Came with advance purchase rate....great value....great selection and convenient
Bed: Very comfortable
Resort itself: Lots to do, wonderful that they allow you to go to other Hilton properties such as Embassy, Kingston, etc.... We went to the waterpark, health club, and other pools. This was wonderful. They also offered shuttle services.
Valet and Bellmen: Most were courteous and helpful: see CONS for comment
Front desk: 2nd shift: PHENOMENAL..see cons for 1st shift
View: For ocean view, the balcony was great. We had a very nice view.
1st shift front desk: I have never felt like such a bother to someone in my life. We had added an extra night because weather was so nice. I wanted to find out if I had to change rooms, credit cards, etc. Both staff at the HHonors member desk seemed irritated by my presence. The younger woman gave me total attitude and even made a loud sigh when I asked a simple question about my credit card on file. Then when I asked another question..all she did was repeat information louder and with rudeness...even though it didn't answer my question. The other woman moved on to another customer even though I hadn't even left! I wanted to say something before I left to a manager about this but had no time to wait. I ask to see a manager and was told it would be awhile,
Bellman on last day: We had loaded our SUV up and I had the cart to return (which was impossible to get, they don't have enough), the bellman never offered to take it and when I asked where they went as I had gotten it from another customer, he said rudely "read the big letters printed on the front of the cart" WOW!!! I was shocked!!!!!! I was actually really hurt...not a nice way to end vacation.
Valet: Great til last day, waited 30 minutes for car but understandably busy time...people checking out.
Room: Air conditioner stopped working two days in a row. Engineer came and fixed it. He was nice and helpful but indicated "we should stop messing with it". We weren't even in the room and came back to 80 degrees.
Housekeeping: We came back after being gone from 11 am to 9 pm and our room was not cleaned. I called the front desk, no apology, they sent someone who came at 10pm. We had went to the beach to waste time, exhausted. FINALLY got in room at 11pm. No apologies were made. We would have been happy with that.
Overall, disappointment in service was our biggest complaint. The resort itself is a little dated but overall very nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royale Palms Condominiums by Hilton have a great north Myrtle Beach oceanfront location. The stylish Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, condos are located within Kingston Resorts, and are near many of South Carolina’s major attractions such as Broadway at the Beach, Myrtle Beach House of Blues, and Tanger Outlet Mall. Allow our Hilton staff to assist you with tee times at any of the 100-plus Myrtle Beach golf courses outside the gates of our Myrtle Beach resort. Relax at one of our nine resort pools, or choose to work out in our Sport and Health Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct and Prestigia so you can book your Royale Palms Condominiums by Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royale Palms Condominiums By Hilton Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Hilton Myrtle Beach
- Hilton Hotel Myrtle Beach