“Aaahhh... It's clean!!!”

Grand Atlantic Ocean Resort
Ranked #49 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Aaahhh... It's clean!!!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

After having horrible experiences in myrtle beach, we somehow landed here. From the time we checked in it was nothing short of fabulous. It was so clean ( that's a huge deal for me...I'm an open heart surgery nurse, so my definition of clean is well..STERILE) from the room, to the bathrooms, the onsite restaurant, all clean!!! Granite counters, full kitchen with everything you could possibly need, rocking chairs on the clean balcony made this stay beyond relaxing. The staff was super professional, and beyond helpful, we will definitely return!!!

• Stayed August 2012
5 Thank XAVIERSMOMMA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We go to MB at least once or twice a year and have stayed at the Grand Atlantic for several years now. Prior to the Grand Atlantic we stayed at other resorts but they fell short of our expections. The staff is always friendly and quick to respond to any problems that arise. Parking in a covered area is a bonus.We're looking forward to our next getaway.

1 Thank Cotton45
PA
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Once again we had a wonderful stay at the Grand Atlantic! Great oceanfront view and the staff is so friendly and helpful. Very clean rooms and pool area. Don't forget to checkoutthe 4 bedroom units. Very spacious and comfortable. The location is convenient to shopping and restaurants.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had a suite that could hold up to 20 people and it was clean, had great features like a fully applianced kitchen and plenty of cooking ware. The kitchen trash can was very small considering how many people are in the suite and there were not enough towels we had to ask for towels a couple of times. Otherwise the view was beautiful and the rooms were nice and accommodating.

1 Thank Tkahungwa
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed May 7, 2013

OMG!!!! I was kind of skeptical at first being that this was my first time at Mrytle Beach, SC & I never heard of Grand Atlantic Resort but my experience was AWESOME!!!!
The rooms were very very clean....the kitchen was spic & span....bathrooms were spotless...living room area was very clean!!!!! PARKING IS FREE!!!!! The elevators were very clean too!!! I was very impressed by the service provided overall!

The only suggestion that I would give the hotel is please get some more updated comforter sets! Other than that I def plan on staying there again!

Room Tip: The 3bedroom Condos are higher up so you have an awesome view of the ocean front!!!!
3 Thank Cristal49463
Burlingham, Ohio, United States
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This was our first visit to Myrtle Beach and our last! Read all the great reviews about the Grand Atlantic Ocean Resort. When we arrived, our rooms were filthy. Floors had not been swept or mopped. Dust bunnies in the closet with the washer and dryer. Mold growing in sink in master bedroom. Spiders and spider webs. Called and complained at front desk. Housekeepers gone until morning, would clean top to bottom the following day. We were out all day got back and the room hadn't been touched. Called front desk, put on ignore. We took pictures and went down to front desk. The manager send two cleaning ladies up. I had to have them clean the sink in masterbedroom twice. The swept up a dustpan full of dirt. There were no hangers in the closets, had to ask for linens. In the middle of the night, the fire alarm went off, not once but twice. None of the firefighters or management came to check on guests. Several guests in our tower didn't even know the alarm had gone off. That God there wasn't a fire!! By the way this was a penthouse suite, I would hate to see what the regular rooms were like.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Angie B
GrandAtlanticManager, General Manager at Grand Atlantic Ocean Resort, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
I have attempted to reach out to this guest via the messaging function provided within Tripadvisor. The guest has not responded to my request for information. The guest mentions that they came down and spoke to a manager about their cleanliness issue and presented photos. I've spoken with our department heads and nobody including myself has been shown any photos by guests. Our housekeeping department does a superb job of ensuring that each guest arrives to a clean unit. The overwhelming majority of our reviews will reveal this to be the case. Of course, we are not perfect and in the event that we do not deliver on our promises, we will make every effort possible to correct the issue with the guest. However, we do ask to be given that opportunity. If the reviewer reads this response, I am hopeful they will contact me to discuss their situation. I will update this response should I hear from the guest to provide an accurate response based on all of the information.