“I love this hotel!!!!!!”
Review of Paradise Resort

Paradise Resort
Ranked #22 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed August 10, 2010

When we arrived at the hotel-the front desk checked us in really fast-and was very kind. Not sure what other ppl on here are talking about with the housekeeping staff-but we couldn't keep them out of our room. (Which was a good thing!) Loved the condo and my whole experience at Myrtle Beach! Waiting for 2011 deals to book again-and plan to stay longer! Only semi-negative thing to say is that the kitchen tools (pans really) were lacking-I will bring my own next time-but you could certainly make due with what was there. For sure-will be a regular vacation hotel!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 10, 2010

We were very impressed with the hotel. We stayed in a 3 bedroom unit. Very quiet rooms, very spacious and CLEAN!!! The room smelled brand new when we walked thru the doors. New applicances made our quick meals a breeze! If we needed any cookware or dining ware, all we did was call the maids and they brought us what we needed! The maids were very friendly and always made sure that things were cleaned efficiently. The staff kept the elevators very clean due to water and sand. The restaurant was good as well, small menu but we ate breakfast there and a few dinners. We will be staying here again for sure!

Reviewed August 10, 2010

I used Trip Advisor to find a place for my husband and I to stay overnight in Myrtle Beach. Chose this hotel and I sure am glad I did. Clean comfortable rooms. Great views from your private balcony. Wish we would have had more time to enjoy it. The staff was excellent. The resturant staff was very personable as well. Very muchenjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2010

I was there this past weekend Aug. 6th. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. I had a 1 bedroom deluxe suite. The room was paid for over a month ago and before reserving the room I asked for a low floor because I do not like heights. I even called 2 days prior to arriving and was told I would be on the 2nd floor. After arriving at the hotel on Friday I was informed I was on the 6th floor. I confronted the manager on duty who was VERY rude! He called several hotels in the area which was booked up for the weekend because he was going to refund our money. He said if we refused to stay on the 6th floor then we would have to drive back home. I was over 4 hrs away and drove in nasty weather to get there. I was NOT driving home over there mistake. I took the 6th floor to have to move to the 1st floor on Saturday. I was told to be out of my room by 12:30 and my room on the 1st floor would be ready in 20 minutes. Almost 1 1/2 later I was able to get into my room.I spent the majority of my afternoon in a hot hallway waiting on the cleaning crew to finish cleaning the room. I finally got to go to the small pool and someone kept throwing water balloons from the 13-15 floor and it sounded like a bomb going off. The beds were very hard and the utensils in the room was only for 2 people. I asked for towels because we took showers twice a day and they acted like they did not want to furnish them. It was the worst service I have ever experienced. At checkout there was another couple in the office complaining because she was out at the pool the same day and almost got hit in the head with a beer bottle. If you are looking for a Paradise vacation this is not the place for you. I have stayed at Compass Cove for many years and I guess that is where I will continue staying because I had to even walk down there to use there facilities/pools. It was not a good experience at all.

2  Thank christyh337
Reviewed August 7, 2010

We just left this property this morning and we are so glad to be out of the room in fresh air. There was a smell to the room and has to buy candles which helped a little. While the room itself (bathroom, kitchen etc) was clean when we entered, the carpets were damp, the sheets dingy and the bedspreads had some stains on them. Like the other reviews I agree that the housekeeping staff has to come in more often. We did get fresh towels everyday but they didn't empty the garbage for a couple days and I had to call down twice to the front desk to get it because we had no where to put our garbage. They should add bedskirts to the beds too because no one wants to look at dirty box springs especially when the sheets are way past their usefull life and don't fit snugly against the mattess.
If u want to do any cooking u should think strongly about bringing your own pans. We stayed in a two bedroom unit and they had 5 of evrything and that is in, including silverware. While they had a dishwasher they only give u a one time use detergent so u had to call down to the front desk if u had to wash things from lunch and dinner on the same day. There was one stockpot big enough to cook one lb of pasta and one Small skillet that was NOT non stick and aost
impossible to make pancakes in. A strainer and two bowls rounded out the cooking supplies. No cookie sheet, no measuring spoons.
I would also bring a blanket of some kind to put over the sofa that was worn and needed a cleaning.
Beach was great. Pools for kids were good but too small for adults. Pool entertainment was good for kids too. Like the one review said if you are looking for a clean room on the beach this is for you. However if you want any type of "paradise" on your vacation I would not recommend this hotel.

Reviewed August 5, 2010

Wonderful hotel........ I would tell everyone to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2010

Haven't left here yet, but wanted to write this review before we left. Staff was very accommodating when we asked to move from a 1st floor room to higher. Stayed in a 2BR ocean front deluxe suite. Room was clean and spacious. Queen bed is absolutely horrible unless you like sleeping on a rock. Resort is in a pretty crowded location, but at this time of year, not much you can do about the crowds. Parking garage is tiny and seems like there are not quite enough parking spots. Pool is lame, lazy river is ok. I guess we've been spoiled staying at other places down here.