“Not so hot.....”

Paradise Resort
Ranked #22 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed June 8, 2010

Check in was easy.
Stayed in a 3 bedroom. Relatively clean. Stains on chairs & bar stools.
Had to request sheets & pillows for the sofa bed. Discovered that the sheets did not fit @ 11pm. Requested sheets that fit from one of the cleaning staff. Never did receive.
Woke up @ 3am to screaming child next door.
5:30 am the fireworks went off!
Pool was not well maintained. Kept getting dirtier each day.
Beach was nice.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,022)

Reviewed June 8, 2010

Ok , here is a honest review of this Resort. It is not a Hotel, it is much more, the rooms are pretty large and the living room Kitchen is a very nice size., Everything was very clean and in good shape,( no flat screen TV) but whos watching tv at the beach.
The pool is pretty small but good enough to cool off or relax in , . the beach front and Tiki bar is awsume , great access to the beach. And plenty of lounge chairs around the pool.
We had an ocean front two bedroom with two baths. The front desk was very friendly and helpful. We had forgot how to set the room temp, called for maintenance and they were there within mins.
I will be back asap and highly recomend it to our friends. The only negative part perhaps , is they have garrage parking but only for four floors with elevators, but late at night when the garrage is full , you may have to park in their lot accross the street. again , not a big deal.
We ate ate the resturant for breakfast every morning, the buffet was great and very reasonible., I don't know about how it is for lunch or dinner.
Can't wait to go back., good location, also

Reviewed May 30, 2010

We wanted a quick peaceful getaway from Atlanta. We have been to MB many times before but this is by far the best hotel we have stayed in! With a 5 year old the pool, beach and breakfast downstairs was fantastic! We will be back very soon!

Reviewed May 28, 2010

The hotel staff is very accomodating. When we realized we made a mistake and booked a room during bike week, they us asked us to just try and stay anyway and we did. When the music started at 11:30pm, it was stopped within 5 minutes. We have experienced noise issues at other establishments and nothing was ever done. The staff did a GREAT job in making sure that our stay was very nice and uneventful. We plan to stay here again when we return to Myrtle Beach. We owe a special thanks to Jason and his staff.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2010

This place was perfect. Very clean!! I traveled with my husband, my son, two of his friends, their wives and two small children. It was perfect! I have no complaints. Everyone enjoyed it. We stayed in room 402, a three bedroom. Great kitchen, washer and dryer a plus! Lots of room! The staff was very helpful, anything I called down for was there in minutes! Housekeeping was great! The pools were very clean too. I can't say enough nice things about this place. I can't wait to go back!

Reviewed May 23, 2010

I don't normally do this but I feel it's important for travelers to know details about this resort. My husband and I vacationed here in May 2010 and were very disappointed! We purposly did not rent a car so we could relax and take advantage of the hotel amenities, BIG MISTAKE! First off, the hotel advertises a tiki bar...what they don't mention is that it CLOSES AT 5! On our first day, we got to tho hotel around 4pm and wanted to sit outside and have some drinks, but only had time for 1 drink because before you knew it, they were closing! STUPID! So we walked down the beach and found another resort that acutally kept their bar open and had a blast. Another thing is the restaurant, it was a complete joke, I've seen Kid menu's with better selection. At a glance it looks like a nice restaurant, but it is NOT! Their menu consists of a burger, chicken fingers, or a chicken sandwich. I of course had the chicken sandwich and it was so bad I couldn't even finish it. I'm pretty sure the chicken was microwaved and not grilled. Last thing to discuss is the POOL. IT is the smallest pool on the street. If you look around you see that the other resorts have large multiple pools, which is a lot nicer. The only good thing I can say is that the room was clean and nice but that is it. So, we basically used the hotel to sleep in and that is it! You may as well stay somewhere else and take advantage of the amenities. The night we walked down the beach, we came upon a hotel called the Coral Beach Resort and it was awesome, they had beautiful indoor pools, and an awesome beachfront deck/bar, I wish we would have stayed there.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2010

This was my first visit to MB and the staff at this resort almost ruined it for me. I was very upset at how my family and I were treated like we were asking for the moon. The staff is unfamiliar with the local area, unwilling to speak to the guests in a friendly and meaningful tone.

Had it not been for the room and the view I wouldve suggested we take our business elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2010