“Great Family Getaway”

Ranked #23 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Great Family Getaway”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

My family and I had a wonderful couple of days here in earlier this month. We couldn't have asked for a nicer room (suite). The sofa bed was very comfy and the ocean front balcony view was amazing each morning. My niece enjoyed the pool facilities and us adults enjoyed a wonderful ocean breeze sitting along side the lazy river and the Tiki bar. :) Can't wait to stay here again!

Room Tip: Any area is great. We never heard neighbors at all and we were just around the corner from the elev...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
ParadiseMgr, Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this review, October 25, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Paradise Resort, and for your review. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, and that your niece enjoyed the pools. We hope to host your next trip to Myrtle Beach!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (525)
Westfield, North Carolina
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Myself my wife and mother-in-law had a two night stay. We took the mother-in-law for her 87th birthday to the beach. Had a very good time at Paradise Resort, the staff were very helpful and accommodating. We had a suite on the eleventh floor with a very good view but the wife and mother-in-law did not like the height. So for the next night we were moved to the first floor with no problem they even offered to have housekeeping do the move for us. If I had a big complaint it would be no full size coffee maker and the price was high but lower than some other places. But the free all you can eat breakfast pass and other amenities helped to make the price easier to take.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your stay with us at Paradise Resort, and for your review. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. In the future, we do have large coffee pots, sorry to hear there was not one in the room! We are glad that the staff was friendly and that the room move went well. We hope to see you again soon!
Junction City, Kansas
Reviewed August 19, 2014

This was our second trip to this resort and I was excited to stay here again. This will be our last trip to this resort. Don't get me wrong, the front desk staff was helpful and prompt. The room itself was tastefully designed by its owners. (Room 1708). That is about all that went right.
When we got off the elevator to the 17th floor, we were smacked in the face with a disgusting odor. It was this way the entire time we were there. There were two industrial blower fans right outside our door, so when we opened the door the smell was forced into the suite. The fans were a huge annoyance, because they were forcing the stench into the room and they were very loud right next to the bedroom. I ask the front desk about them and they were removed. Thankfully after keeping the balcony door open for a period of time, the smell left our suite.
Breakfast at the onsite hotel was...okay. Thankfully with my reservation, I received two free tickets to it. If I had to pay the 8 or 9 dollars, I would have been livid. The girls were nice, but the food was seriously lacking.

Here is what has turned me off of this resort for good though. My daughter's softball team had to be at the field at 7am. We were up and packing to leave at 5:30. We did not get much sleep because of the mortar fireworks being fired outside our room on the beach. While I do not hold the resort responsible for this, they should ensure something is done if they are being fired off at a reasonable hour or in a close proximity to the resort. My husband is a combat vet and was having a hard time dealing with the sounds.

With little sleep, we were rushing around trying to get ready to leave. There was a miscommunication and a bag of clothing was left in the bathroom closet. As soon as I realized this, I called the resort to see if the bag had been located. I was more than willing to pay to have it shipped to me as it contained approximately $200 in clothing, including irreplaceable items. I was transferred to what was I was told was the "Lost and Found." The woman who answered clearly did not have the time of day to talk to me. When I explained my situation, that we had left the bag in the closet, she said she would check on it and call me back within an hour. 24 hours came and went with no call. I called the next day and spoke to the same rude woman. She still did not have the time of day to talk to me. She said the housekeeper on that floor is self inspected and did not report seeing a bag of clothes. She then said she would have them check again, and would give me call back by the end of the day. She assured me I would get a call this time. I still have not heard from her.

So on top of being out almost $600 for two nights in a stinky hotel, I am out an additional $200 in clothing. Never going back again!

4 Thank hgoody
Kenya
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We LOVED this resort. We had a nice view of the beach. The room was clean and we were allowed to check in at 1:00 instead of 3:00 since we had arrived early. The staff was nice and helpful and the breakfast was great!! The free DVD rentals was a nice addition. Our only complaint is parking. There were times when we had to go to the garage, then to the parking lot across the street, then back to the garage just to find a space; sometimes not finding a space for 10 minutes!. Though the weather was not great, walking the beach at night was beautiful!! We had an amazing time!!!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HWBabe
Thank you for your stay with us at Paradise Resort, and for your review. We are so glad to hear that you had a great time with us. Unfortunately in the middle of summer the parking does get very tight, we do try to stay on top of it as much as possible. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Myrtle Beach!
Reviewed August 18, 2014

We stayed 4 nights- 2 in an OF King suite then we had to move to an OF 2 queen due to availability. The pool area is nice and I agree with some of the other reviewers that people's children tend to be out of control but that's not the resorts job to police them. The pools and lazy river seem nice, although tended to be a little cloudy during our stay. The area near the elevator on our floor had cracker crumbs and light trash on the floor that was there for 3 days. Our king suite was nice- very spacious- nice, adequate kitchen, great view and smelled clean when we walked in. I do commercial cleaning at times so I see everything and that room needed more attention but on the surface was fine. Now, let's get to the queen suite. Yuk!!! I'm in 805 and one of the ceiling fans is missing a blade so it rocks and can't be used- the bathroom sink was gross! My Lysol wipe was disgusting after I wiped it down! Yes, I clean every hotel room before my family is allowed to touch lol! Anyway, the love seat is disgusting! Truly gross! I've always wondered about reviewers who say that but this really is! I've put a sheet over it! We had lunch once in the cafe- a tad overpriced but convenient. I appreciate the free Wi-fi but it's slow.
In summary, if super clean rooms with large tv's and great Wifi are your thing , then you may want to look elsewhere. If you can deal with so-so clean rooms but decent facility and good location then try this hotel but definitely ask to see the room first!!!

• Stayed August 2014
Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
Reviewed August 18, 2014

I stayed here for a couple of nights in August 2014. The room (a suite) was perfect, with a great ocean view. The hotel was fully booked, but I never heard either of my neighbors. My daughter loved the lazy river, and we all loved the breakfast both mornings. All of the staff I interacted with was top notch. The room was serviced while we were down for breakfast and they did a wonderful job. I'm definitely looking forward to a longer stay here.

Room Tip: The view from the 18th floor was amazing.
1 Thank Brian H
Thank you for staying with us at Paradise Resort, and for your review. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that your daughter enjoyed the lazy river. We hope to host another one of your trips to Myrtle Beach!
Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

We had a great time stay at this hotel. When we first arrived the room we booked wasn't available so they upgraded us to a three bedroom suite which gave us more than enough room. The staff was amazing and very friendly. When I called down stairs they greeted me by name every time and was prompt non getting us what we needed. My kids say I'm the kind of person that looks for things to be wrong with any and everything but I can honestly say I couldn't find one thing wrong with our room and believe you me I was looking... lol I can't help it!!! Next time we visit Myrtle Beach we will stay at the Paradise Resort again without thinking twice about it. It felt like home with a great view of the ocean

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Ebonie M
Thank you for choosing Paradise Resort, and for your review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay, and that the room was everything you had hoped for and more! We hope to see you again soon here, on your next trip to Myrtle!