“Far from Paradise”
Review of Paradise Resort

Paradise Resort
Ranked #22 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Hotel wad okay. AC breaker was off the day we checked in. Called front desk to ask about it. They rudely said read the paper they gave us. I did which said nothing about the breaker being off. Night Manager needs some lessons on Customer Service. Didn't have maid service the first day. Called front desk (same Manager) who said we must have had Do Not Disturb sign up. We did until 11am but note on Fridge said service was until 3. Maintenance and Housekeeping were very friendly. However would not stay again because of evening Front Desk Staff. Obviously they don't like their job.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank JC1992
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for staying with Paradise. Please let me apologize for each of the inconveniences that you encountered as it sounds very frustrating. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly regarding your stay. Please contact the hotel directly or email to jason.morgan@paradiseresortmb.com. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed in three bedroom suite and the room was up to date. Clean. There were three couples and each couple had their own privacy. Balcony was nice sized. Staff was very nice. Parking was a little tight, but the actual hotel was nice. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Haley J

Thank you for choosing Paradise when traveling to Myrtle Beach. We certainly appreciate your kind comments and thank you for recommending us to others. The staff and management look forward to seeing you all again soon!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

This place was absolutely wonderful. The check-in staff greeted us with a smile and it was great from there. She was so friendly and helpful. We were upgraded to a deluxe queen suite with washer and dryer and were even able to check in early. I know this was not there busy time in the middle of February, but everyone was so accomodating. The room was wonderful with a fantastic ocean view. It was great having the washer and dryer. The breakfast buffet that was included was a welcome addition and very delicious and the staff there were always friendly and welcoming. The pools were clean and well kept. If we return to Myrtle Beach we will definitely stay here again and will definitely recommend to our friends and family.

Room Tip: oceanfront room was amazing. The view from 14th floor was fantastic
1  Thank 707jgar
Reviewed February 22, 2013

My daughter was married in 2012 and they spent their first two nights together at the Paradise Resort. They raved about the place when they returned, so I booked three nights to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary in the middle of February 2013.

The hotel doesn't look too special from the street, but it is. Friendly staff, luggage carts in the parking area, easy access to rooms ...

The ocean view from the Penthouse balcony was fantastic. We had a one bedroom suite with a full kitchen on the top floor of the building for less than I have spent for a small room in a big city.

The free breakfast buffet is nothing short of fantastic. The pools are clean and the design is quite attractive. We had a couple of issues with the room and the staff immediately fixed them.

We stayed three days and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Ask for the Penthouse ...a terrific bargain !
1  Thank TheOldGuy-Steven
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We are at the Paradise Resort for our 4th year in a row, staying two months as usual. This is a great place with all the amenities....indoor parking attached to the building, indoor corridors, indoor pool and two hot tubs, lazy river, kiddie wading pool and a new large heated outdoor pool. The staff are exceptional with their friendly manner of making you feel welcome and important. We would highly recommend the Paradise Resort to anyone looking for a wonderful place right on the ocean.

2  Thank Doug D
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Stay here every time we go to MB The resort is always very clean. Nice beds, has every thing you need. Beautiful view. Free breakfast is a great plus don't have to go out and find a place to eat. Pools are always very clean. Staff are really nice and will help in anyway they can. Love having hallways so you are not out in the cold to get to pools. The kids in the pool area do need to be controlled in busy season or holidays. They get very loud and there is no need for this. You can have fun without yelling. Some where there with Parents ???? All in all would always stay here. Glad they are doing some updates on some units. as some couches need to be replaced. Still a great place

Room Tip: Like the washer dryer rooms with bedroom separate. nice and roomy.
3  Thank Theresa M
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I came in this past weekend and overall the resort was really outdated compared to what the pictures online showed. At times, I felt that I was staying at a MOTEL versus a RESORT AND SPA. The pool towels and room towels were old, dingy and thin. I was scared to use them. The pool towels especially! Some of my room towels had stains on them so I had to call down to front desk to get fresh ones delivered. The bathroom in my room was not cleaned properly and stocked accordingly. I understand it was off season but that should not give way to the level of cleanliness of a room. The linen was also very dingy and of very poor quality. I am very certain (actually 100% positive) we could have stayed somewhere else of higher quality for the same price at this time of year. I will do better research next time. The front desk area is not very welcoming at all. Good thing the people there were ok. The restroom in the front desk area was filthy and that was first thing in the morning on day of check out. ODD... figured it should be cleaner in the AM versus maybe the evenings. The pool area was fine and the restaurant staff was pretty nice. Just not what I expected when saying I am staying at a resort. I do hope some upgrades are made soon. That must be done before I stay here again. I will not be recommending to friends and family unfortunately.

Room Tip: The Ocean Front view is the ONLY option you need to choose. Otherwise, you will definitely feel as...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank DeltaSweet16
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay, I certainly do apologize for the inconveniences that you encountered during your stay. The resort was built in 2006, so it is still fairly new. We have added a new outdoor pool and large indoor hot tub within the past two years. This year we are painting and adding crown molding to each unit. We have also upgraded our linens. The restrooms and public areas are cleaned each day by 9 am and are checked throughout the day. We continue to improve the resort each year and hope that you will return. Once again, I am sorry for the inconveniences that you encountered and hope that you will return.