“Never coming back”
Review of Paradise Resort

Paradise Resort
Ranked #22 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed January 10, 2013

For the past 4 years we"ve stayed at Paradise Resort. My husband and I spend the week after Chrristmas there every year. We were looking forward to some time away in December 2012 and stayed at the Paradise like always. Late one afternoon, we were relaxing in our room (with the DO NOT DISTURB sign in the lock) Despite the sign on the door, housekeeping began knocking at the door. It took a few minutes for my husband to answer, but by the time he had gotten to the door, she was trying to come in! When my husband pulled back to security bar and opened the door, she snatched the DO NOT DISTURB sign and threw it to the floor. She began stuttering and saying "I didn't know anyone was here, the sign must have fallen to the floor" She turned around and quickly walked away. After that episode, I felt very unsafe and had my husband lock up our possessions in the car any time we left the room. Apparently, she had plans to go "shopping" in our room and we foiled her plans. My understanding was a DO NOT DISTURB sign meant no housekeeping needed, so why did she knock on our door and then use her pass key to enter when she thought no one was home? We did not leave a tip likke we normally do, and decided we'd find somewhere else to enjoy our much needed vacation.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Tonya M
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay here at Paradise. I am very sorry that the housekeeper/supervisor walked into your room. We are required to check all "do not disturb" units once per day to ensure the safety of the guest. I completely understand your frustration and can assure you that she was not checking your room to go shopping. Also, I would encourage all guests that if you experience an issue, please let management know while you are on property, we will make every attempt to resolve your issue while you are here. Once again, thank you for your stay and I hope that you will give paradise antother chance.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

This is just the right size resort - large enough to have terrific amenities, yet small enough that you are not far from the elevators, breakfast area, pool area, or your car. Resort has an excellent indoor lazy river, two large indoor hot tubs, a kiddie pool, and another indoor pool. Indoor pools were clean and kept at a good temperature. Parking is convenient in a four-story adjoining garage or, if garage is full, directly across the street in a well-lit lot. Some packages include breakfast, and breakfast is very good and on real plates with real silverware (not plastic and paper). However, they did run out of plates when hotel was full. We had a queen deluxe room which was well equipped and comfortable. Staff is very friendly and attentive of any needs. One extremely nice feature of the hotel is indoor corridors. You can get to breakfast area or pool without having to go outside.

Room Tip: Elevators are very fast and wait times are usually short, so rooms on the upper floors work fine. We...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank R H
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Thank you for choosing Paradise. We certainly appreciate your business and hope that all of your expectations were met. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to make a future stay more enjoyable. Once again, thank you for your stay and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for new years with three kids. Perfect room with great view of the ocean and beach. Service was great and kids loved the lazy river and pool. Easy to find and little store right across the street. We will be back for sure. Highly recommended.

1  Thank djbarden41
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Thank you for choosing Paradise when traveling to Myrtle Beach. I am happy to see that our location is a great fit for you and your family. The staff and management look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in a 3 bedroom condo. It was perfect. Two rooms had 2 double beds and the master had a queen bed. The condo was very spacious and quiet compared to other 3 bedroom condos in MB. It was also very clean and well stocked w/ kitchen items. (Not always the case in MB) The pools were all warm enough to enjoy them but the main swimming pool is a bit small. The staff did a nice job of keeping the towels stocked.

Two quick comments-If you are looking to be in the middle of things then this is not the place. It is at the far end of MB. There isn't much around to walk to. For us, that was perfect. My other comment is about the enclosed walkways/halls. Since we stay here in the winter it is nice to be inside when returning from the pool. I have stayed in many places where the pool is in a seperate building or the hotel room doors are not in an enclosed hallway. It's a cold, wet walk in the winter and worse with little kids.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stayed at the paradise resort Dec 22-24. I found an internet special. There isnt a drive up area to check in, however the parking deck made it easy to take luggae up to the rooms. We stayed in room 1004. The oceanfront view was great. The room was large and very clean. It had a nice but small kitchen. There was a separate bedroom, a nice sitting area. The furniture wasnt fancy but nice. Nothing was old or out of date. The breakfast was very good. We had a voucher for 2ppl to eat free, otherwise i think it was 9.99. The pool area was ok. I loved the lazy river. The inside pool was small. But the outside pool was a nice size. It was dec so we couldnt use it of course. Janet at the front desk was very pleasant. The other staff were nice as well. I truly enjoyed my stay and would come back again... especially at the great price we had.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

This was our second time at Paradise Resort. We arrived on Thanksgiving day for a week. Check-in was very fast and efficient and front desk folks very welcoming and helpful. Had a one-bedroom deluxe on the seventh floor as we had requested. Room was fine and what we expected although it was a little bare compared to previous stay. No little nick-knacks or wall hangings to give it a more homey feeling as room last time had. Had breakfast included in our stay and found it to be very good each day. The staff in Sandals were very pleasant and helpful. Pool area always clean and looked after and outdoor pool heated nicely. Parking was never a problem even over the Holiday weekend. Only glitch was housekeeping on a couple of days. One we returned very late (almost midnight) and had no towels (the room had been cleaned but they had forgotten to leave fresh towels.) The next day they had not cleaned by 3 PM (which is their cut -off time) and we called so as not to again get back late and have a problem. Both times the desk handled things very quickly, bringing towels and sending up housekeeping. Not a big deal, however should not have to deal with this type thing on vacation. Over all we like the property very much and will return. it is good value for the cost and a great location. Hopefully the housekeeping issue will be corrected. Thanks for a great time.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PenguinBill
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2012

Thank you for your recent stay at Paradise. I am glad that you chose Paradise and hope that we can serve you again in the future. You are certainly correct, some units have more decorations than others, this is due to each unit being owned individually. The homeowners do add their personal touch to their unit. Also, please let me apologize for the lack of housekeeping services. I have already spoken with our executive housekeeper and she is correcting this issue with her staff. Once again, thank you for choosing Paradise and I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I took My kids to the paradise resorts for 8 days. It was the greatest time, The room was cleanvery well maintained, The front desk staff was great very pleasant and the room service staff was great. I would recommend this place to anyone and everyone. I plan on returning there everytime i visit the beach.

Great jobs guys.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your recent stay here at Paradise Resort. I am happy to see that you had a great time and will return on your next visit. The staff and management look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.