“Disappointment”

Ranked #23 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Atlanta, Georgia
“Disappointment”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The walls were thin and the kitchen was poorly stocked. But the real disappointment came when our son had an accident by the pool. He fell into one of the pool skimmers because the cover was not securely fastened. He had to have nine stitches in his leg. Needless to say, we had to leave our vacation early and the staff and onsite managers were as helpful as they could be under the circumstances. However, when we had to deal with the property management company (Ally Management of Myrtle Beach manages Paradise Resort) and its insurance company, we became very frustrated. Rather than take some responsibility for the accident or show any compassion for the fact that our son missed his entire baseball tournament over at The Ripken Experience and now has a permanent scar on his leg, they gave us the run around. It was unpleasant and crazy, really -- a 12 year old kid was injured on property and he was not doing anything wrong at the time. The facts were never disputed. But, we finally became so frustrated with their delays and their posturing that we that we stopped communications with no satisfactory resolution from our standpoint. We will find a property not managed by Ally Management for our next vacation to Myrtle Beach. Even though they manage quite a few vacation properties (Google their website), there are many other places to stay.

Room Tip: The three bedroom condos have an adjoining hotel room. You can hear everything next door.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Angie V
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for your comments. I certainly understand your frustration with the insurance company and I apologize for the way your situation was handled. All incidents and accidents are thoroughly investigated and decisions are made based on that investigation. I am very sorry that this has happened and I hope that your son is doing well.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (525)
Binghamton
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I was suppose to fly in for a business trip and Paradise Resort was highly recommended from fellow Vendors to stay here. I unfortunately had a family emergency and my travel plans changed.
I know their cancellation policy and technically was not suppose to get my deposit back at all. I emailed and received a prompt response from Travis who understood my situation and refinded 90% of my deposit. I wish I could have stayed here and will in the future. I just wanted people to know that I appreciate the customer service and Travis.

Room Tip: This does not apply as I was unable to complete the trip
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry to hear about your family emergency and hope to see you again in the near future.
Great Falls, South Carolina
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Stayed here once before and really liked it, came back for a quick two day getaway and didn't want to leave. We had a great room, one bedroom condo, that was CLEAN and very stylish. The balcony was good sized, with of course an awesome view (oceanfront). All the personel were exceptionally helpful and pleasant, never had to wait for an elevator, parking convenient, pools and outside area clean and well kept and pretty. I am a travel agent and have already referred two clients and will continue to do so. The couch may not be brand new in some rooms but comfortable enough to sit in to watch the news before you go to bed -- that is if you're not on the beach or sightseeing

Room Tip: For a few dollars more request a double queen condo - if you'd rather not, you will still be hap...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for choosing Paradise. We certainly appreciate your business and are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to make a future stay more enjoyable. We hope to see you again soon!
Charlotte
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed in a 3 bedroom corner unit condo for two nights. It had a beautiful view, over-sized balcony with a very spacious floor plan. Having been built in 2006 with minimal to zero updating, it was not very luxurious. The counch sunk in a bit, chairs may have been replaced and were fair, the beds were not very comfortable and the sheets were very thin. In general the it was clean, but I suspect the floors are not cleaned well, and there was a great deal of dust build up in the hallway slide closets that access the washer/dryer and water heater. Very powerful shower, bathroom was clean for most part. Coffee maker was not clean, moldy filter left behind -- though when we called the front desk they immediately brought up a brand-new one. The pool area was good, and well kept, corn hole, shuffle board and ping pong was great for kids, and tiki hut bar was great for us. I will say the staff was vey friendly and aimed to please with what they had to work with. I probably would not stay here again, and definately would not have stayed longer than our two nights.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank wendrawoman
Thank you for staying with us. First, I would like to apologize for the inconveniences in your unit. We certainly appreciate your feedback and will use it as a training tool. Once again, thank you for staying with Paradise
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We have been vacationing in Myrtle Beach for 15+ years and this is the first year we stayed at Paradise Resort. The rooms, bathroom, pool, elevators etc. were very, very clean (the main reason we left our old vacation spot was because of the condition of the rooms/cleanliness.)

Three days prior to our planned departure for Myrtle Beach, we suffered a family death. We immediately cancelled our reservation and the staff could NOT have been better about the entire situation. After the memorial services we decided we needed a break and called the Resort to see if they could accommodate us during the original planned week-using different arrival and departure dates; they were wonderful.The staff was extremely friendly and we greatly enjoyed our time here. We will stay here again on our next visit and will recommend Paradise Resort to our friends.

Room Tip: We had a suite on the 15th floor facing the ocean-great view!!!!! The suite had a kitchen with a d...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for choosing Paradise. I am very sorry to hear about your loss but am happy to see that you enjoyed your time here and hope to meet you personally during your next visit.
Tennessee Ridge, Tennessee
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Check in very simple and quick. Room was great. Very clean and well stocked with everything you need to prepare meals in the room. Pools were clean . All the staff were very friendly. would highly recommend!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank beach_lover242424
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for choosing Paradise during your recent visit to Myrtle Beach. We certainly appreciate your feedback and cant wait to see you again in the future!
Maryville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Parking garage was nice. Check in was easy. Found plenty of luggage roller carts. Once we hit the 15th floor we were immediately aware of an odor that was not pleasant. We arrived at room 1503 and when we entered we were met with an even worse smell every time we passed through the kitchen. We keep Fe-breeze in the car so we made an attempt to resolve it. We left open the back door, hit the exhaust fans and left for dinner. We came back and the room still had the same smell. We looked all over and tracked it down to under the sink. The trap had leaked black droppings on the bottom of the cabinet. We called front desk and maintenance came quickly. I showed him area it leaked but it was not leaking when he tried to run water. I asked for another room since it was getting late and we needed some sleep. He directed me to front desk via using phone and making request. It was painless. The gave us 803. The 8th floor smelled just fine once we got off elevator. Once we entered 803 we found the following issues over the stay: Heavy mold all around the tub caulking, ice maker not working in freezer, dryer missing lint trap, dryer making a horrific sound when running, GFCI kept tripping when dryer running and causing bathroom lights to go out, room keys lost programming and had to be re-done. I don't have time to stay and wait for maintenance to fix all these issues and will not let anyone in my room without my being there. As for the other amenities the hot tun ruined my wife's bathing suit by turning it from bright pink to a dark purple from the excessive chlorine that was in it within a few minutes. The best part of the stay was the breakfast which I thought was great but I wont becoming back. I wont be able to recommenced this resort to anyone at this time. I know someone will read this from the resort and I hope you address these issues. I am just stating the facts.

1 Thank Crystal A
Thank you for staying with Paradise. I am very sorry to hear about the inconveniences that you encountered during your stay. I certainly understand your frustration and take your comments very seriously. I will address the issues and correct them immediately. Please feel free to contact me directly at the property to further discuss your stay.