“Paradise? Not even close.”
Review of Paradise Resort

Paradise Resort
Ranked #22 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Parking garage was nice. Check in was easy. Found plenty of luggage roller carts. Once we hit the 15th floor we were immediately aware of an odor that was not pleasant. We arrived at room 1503 and when we entered we were met with an even worse smell every time we passed through the kitchen. We keep Fe-breeze in the car so we made an attempt to resolve it. We left open the back door, hit the exhaust fans and left for dinner. We came back and the room still had the same smell. We looked all over and tracked it down to under the sink. The trap had leaked black droppings on the bottom of the cabinet. We called front desk and maintenance came quickly. I showed him area it leaked but it was not leaking when he tried to run water. I asked for another room since it was getting late and we needed some sleep. He directed me to front desk via using phone and making request. It was painless. The gave us 803. The 8th floor smelled just fine once we got off elevator. Once we entered 803 we found the following issues over the stay: Heavy mold all around the tub caulking, ice maker not working in freezer, dryer missing lint trap, dryer making a horrific sound when running, GFCI kept tripping when dryer running and causing bathroom lights to go out, room keys lost programming and had to be re-done. I don't have time to stay and wait for maintenance to fix all these issues and will not let anyone in my room without my being there. As for the other amenities the hot tun ruined my wife's bathing suit by turning it from bright pink to a dark purple from the excessive chlorine that was in it within a few minutes. The best part of the stay was the breakfast which I thought was great but I wont becoming back. I wont be able to recommenced this resort to anyone at this time. I know someone will read this from the resort and I hope you address these issues. I am just stating the facts.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Crystal A
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Thank you for staying with Paradise. I am very sorry to hear about the inconveniences that you encountered during your stay. I certainly understand your frustration and take your comments very seriously. I will address the issues and correct them immediately. Please feel free to contact me directly at the property to further discuss your stay.

There are newer reviews for Paradise Resort

Reviewed September 24, 2012

My family and I just left Paradise Resort yesterday. I was concerned because of the low price and was prepared with my cleaning supplies. We arrived at and found the 1 bedroom unit spotless. The room was so clean. The kitchenette was very clean. The staff was so friendly. The elevators were fast. The pool areas were clean. I would recommend Paradise resort to anyone. I will be back next month for another beach trip and I will be here.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor in 209. Great oceanfront view. Couldn't hear people in other rooms...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thank you for your recent visit to Paradise Resort. I certainly appreciate your business and kind comments. The staff and management look forward to having you as our guest again next month!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have been coming to this resort for past 6 years and it has always been a pleasant fun exciting place to vacation,with family or just a romantic get away,something for every one have been twice this yaer already and cant wait until may to go again

Room Tip: I have stayed on 4th ,eight eleventh,20th the view is always spectacular very spacious all I can say...
1  Thank vannessa w
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thank you so much for your repeat business. I certainly appreciate you choosing Paradise each time you travel to Myrtle Beach. The staff and Management look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

I went there with my family in August of this year. We had a one bedroom with a washer and dryer with a great ocean front view. The room was very clean, plenty of extras, and was very comfortable for us. The restaurant on site was just right with what they offered and the food was very good. The amenities were very good with an outdoor pool, indoor pool, kiddie pool, indoor lazy river and two spas. They were very nice and clean. The ambiance of the resort was just right with many people there just enjoying the beach front and having fun. The beach was just steps away and we had a great time sunning and playing beach games. It was close to many of the other areas attractions as well. The staff there was always ready to assist with our questions and with a smile on their face. I would say that if you come to Myrtle Beach check out this resort!

Room Tip: Great ocean front rooms at Paradise Resort
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SMRay

Thank you for your recent stay. I am happy to see that you and your family had a great time! The staff and management hope to see you again next summer!

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Rented a 1 bedroom condo with a full kitchen washer/dryer dishwasher, with a balcony overlooking the ocean. The place was spotlessly clean, the staff was very helpful, and outdoor pool was perfect. We greatly enjoyed the hot tubs, (both of them) lazy river and the kiddie pools. The breakfast buffet, was yummy and included in the price of our stay, the voodoo drinks at the bar, I greatly recommend if you enjoy rum! The place is located directly on the ocean front, and we have absolutely nothing negative to say.

Room Tip: You are renting a condo, not a hotel room, please keep that in mind, there is no room service for fo...
1  Thank 3katsunk

Thank you for choosing Paradise Resort during your recent visit to Myrtle Beach. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your room,pools, breakfast buffet and the voodoo buckets. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make a future stay more enjoyable!

Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

First time to myrtle beach.
Just back in from 5 days/ 4 night stay at paradise in a 1 bedroom condo. We could not have pick a better place to stay.
From the look of the place, the pool, the beach & the view from are room was just great.All the staff members we meet we're very friendly & greeted & ask how you were doing.The presents of the security personal at the resort was a welcome sight after walking around the broad walk area waiting to check in.
Only a couple issues-#1 the smoking, can people smoke anywhere in south carolina? really do people need to smoke by the pool area? Why do let people smoke on the balcony?
2 nights we could not sit outside enjoy due to other guest smoking
Who wants a asthma attack on vacation?
#2-this one might be on me, when I booked online I was to get free breakfast? But where was it & how did it work? Was I to get a voucher or wristband? All I really want was a cup of coffee, I should have asked.
The parking is fine, If people would use the mirrors mounted on the columns it would help them.
Being a first time visitor to myrtle beach looking around at the other hotels & resorts being south of the boardwalk made paradise a more relaxing stay..
In closing I would like to thank all the associate of the paradise resort for a awesome stay & hope to see ya soon!!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank B_elfring13
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Thank you for choosing Paradise when traveling to Myrtle Beach. As of now there are no laws regarding smoking in the city of Myrtle Beach. Paradise is certainly leaning towards making the pool and other public areas smoke free. I am certainly glad that you were pleased with the staff and hope that you return to Paradise soon.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Stayed at this place from 9/10 thru 9/16, would not be my first choice when i return to that area.Breakfast was great, breakfast staff was great. Front desk staff was great, maid service is lousy, why did they even show up to clean. Almost 3 days before i had the trash removed, new towels put on towel rack dirty. Complained at front desk a number of times, not once did a manager get with me to see what the problem was.

Room Tip: pick another place
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying at Paradise.Your comments are very important to us and help identify the areas that we excel and the areas that need improvement. I certainly apologize regarding your housekeeping service and will use your comments to help correct the issue. Please contact me directly if you will be in the Myrtle Beach area again. Once again, thank you for your stay.