“love it here but can get expensive”
Review of Paradise Resort

Paradise Resort
Ranked #22 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I have been here 5 times since 2008..mostly because my Dad used to own one of the condos on the 5th floor. This place is beautiful and the room are very updated and clean, staff is friendly and views are beautiful. BUT..the rooms are a lot more pricey than surrounding resorts which is why I cant give it 5 stars. I paid out of pocket to go last year and it is much more expensive to go this year on the same dates. They wanted over 800 dollars for 5 nights on dates that are considered off season! I couldnt afford that because I'm a student. I went next door to The Reef and saved almost 400 dollars for the same 5 nights...im not kidding!! Ive heard The Reef is little bit outdated but I dont go on vacation for the room. If you have the money...go to the Paradise but they are one of the more expensive resorts in the area. I wish I could go there this year but they asked for too much money!

Room Tip: make reservations through their own website
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank singerchic519
There are newer reviews for Paradise Resort

Reviewed May 23, 2012

I stayed on the 19th floor after booking on hotels.com (cheapest site for this hotel). The hotel is a driving distance from most of the myrtle beach attractions, but it is a nice hotel. The lazy river is small but fun. There are some weird bugs on their deck with the outdoor hotel bar. The bugs are everywhere and come from some asian plant they imported. I found that annoying. Otherwise I liked the hotel and the staff, safe, friendly, nice.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank K W
Reviewed May 16, 2012

couldn't enjoy the pool or balcony due to bugs everywhere, management
didn't care nor would they compensate for any inconvience. would not
recommend

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank George L
Paradisegm, General Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

George L,

First, please let me apologize regarding your stay here at Paradise. You are absolutely correct, the Kudzu bug is a problem here in Myrtle Beach. The Kudzu is an invasive species from Asia that has been recently discovered in North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia and they are found at almost every property on the Grand Strand. We can spray in the early morning and they return by the afternoon. Colder temperatures and rain certainly hinder their existence at the property. After speaking with a few professionals, they are saying that the Kudzu population should start diminishing in the next few weeks. The Kudzu has no known predators and are not harmful to humans. Local pest elimination services do not have a long term solution but are researching how to control the population of Kudzu bugs. I certainly understand your frustrations and would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly about returning to Paradise in the future. You can reach me at 843-916-9500.

Thank you and I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed May 12, 2012

Hands down the best place I have stayed at in Myrtle for the price. Clean room and nicely furnished....... will be back for another guys week.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Nicholas B,

Thank you for your recent stay at Paradise Resort. We certainly appreciate the great comments and cannot wait to see you again in the future. Our housekeeping department strives to give you the most comfortable, clean room on the beach, I will be sure to pass your comments on to them. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make a future stay more enjoyable.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

My daugter and grand children and I stayed in a 3 bedroom condo.It was very nice, well equipped place. The property was well maintained and all employees were very helpful and friendly. My bed was not very comfortable but everything else was fine. They give you 2 breastfast buffet tickets per day which I think is unfair with a 3 bedroom condo versus a room for 2 people. The breakfast was ok,it was very covenient but it is not worth $9. for an adult and $6 for a child,still it beats getting dressed and going out to eat breakfast. I will stay at this place mext time I come to Myrtle Beach

Room Tip: We ate at a place called Chicgo East which was a cross between a CC's and Chuckie Cheese. I thou...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Dear beachnut7,

Thank you for your recent stay at Paradise. Your comments are very important to us and help identify the areas that we excel and the areas that need improvement. I am happy to see that the staff and property met your expectations. I do understand that there are a number of places to eat breakfast in Myrtle Beach and thank you for staying on property. You are correct, when you book the breakfast package, you receive two tickets for each morning. I understand your frustration with only receiving two tickets. We are now offering additional breakfast tickets available at check in at a discounted price.

Once again, thank you for staying with Paradise and we are looking forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed May 11, 2012

Paradise Resort what can I say, I was actually looking to book a room for a fall getaway and I was just curious as to what the reviews of the resort was and when I saw that 16 ppl found it terrible I was like WHAT!!!!!!! so I decided to give my two cents. First off, my first trip to the beach we stayed at another hotel which was ok, but we decided that we would make this a yearly family getaway and the next year we decided to try Paradise Resort because they were better equipped to accommodate our semi large family and we were blown away!!!!!!!!! Needless to say, three years since we decided to make going to the beach our annual family getaway we haven't stayed anywhere else but at Paradise Resort!!!! See you guys in June!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Tamika F

Ms_Lamb_12,

Thank you so much for staying at Paradise. I certainly appreciate your repeat business and cannot wait to see you and your family in June. Please contact the hotel directly at 843-916-9500 if you have any questions or suggestions regarding your upcoming stay.

Once again, thank you for choosing Paradise and I look forward to seeing you in June!

Reviewed May 10, 2012

We plan a guy's golf trip every year in Myrtle Beach and Paradise Resort is always one of the first hotels we check out. They offer very competitive rates and we've never had a bad stay. The best part for us are the oceanfront suites the hotel has available which allows us to all be in the same room. The hotel amenities are great as well. We really enjoyed the new basketball pool and the new lap pool. The breakfast buffet and tiki hut are always nice too with good food and drinks. I think this was our third stay at the hotel and service from the front office to housekeeping has always been top notch on every stay. If you have a big group and are looking for an affordable oceanfront hotel, I would highly recommend this one.

Room Tip: 3 & 4 bedroom suites are on each end of the hotel and the best! Higher rooms offer great views!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends