“We actually seen the tigers at barefoot landing and done the photo shoot”

Myrtle Beach Safari
More attraction details
Owner description: The Myrtle Beach Safari is a hands on interactive wildlife experience that can be had nowhere else on Earth! You will spend hours interacting with and experiencing wildlife while learning about the work being done to conserve them worldwide.(Address listed with Trip Advisor is ONLY where reservations may be made. Actual address only given to confirmed safari participants.)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“We actually seen the tigers at barefoot landing and done the photo shoot”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

The same owners have the tigers on display at barefoot landing after 5pm.
My family came down and we thought we were just going to look at the tigers. Once we seen them we had to have a family portrait with the baby bangle tiger. My niece loves animals and those photos of her feeding the cub with a bottle while it stretched across our laps was incredible.
That was not enough for me I had to hold the monkey. We bought the cd with all of the snapshots. It was well worth the money. Each family member got an individual photo with the cub and then several shots with the entire family. This is one family portrait that no one complains about.
I would have loved to do the actual safari but we just did not have time.
If you don't have all day at least go see the animals at barefoot. It is free unless you want you picture made with an animal. The animals are happy and well cared for. The staff are great with the animals. To know that the money from the photos helps support the care of the T.i.g.e.r.s it is a donation well spent.

Visited August 2013
MBSafari, Manager at Myrtle Beach Safari, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
We greatly appreciate your visit to T.I.G.E.R.S. Preservation Station and are glad your whole family enjoyed meeting our animal ambassadors. During your next visit to Myrtle Beach, we welcome you to join us at the Myrtle Beach Safari for the ultimate interactive experience.

Tomball, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Moved to tears”
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

Our family of four took the tour and were smiling the entire time. If you love animals and would like to support conservation of endangered species you will love this. It is very well done. Covered areas, clean restrooms, nice snacks & drinks, very entertaining guides. I would definitely do this again. The chips had me in tears, as I do love them so.

1 Thank Mrazmetized
MBSafari, Manager at Myrtle Beach Safari, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
We're so glad you visited us from Texas. I'm glad that your experience was so impactful and that the chimps "brought you to tears". It is amazing what a truly emotional and magical experience it can be to meet such amazing and charismatic creatures in person. We greatly appreciate your support and look forward to sharing another adventure with you in the future.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great Life Experience”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Loved by Safari tour, never thought I would be able to pet a tiger, they are so wonderfully
taken care of in a beautiful, clean happy surrounding, well worth the price. I guess my
only complaint is at the price of over $200 I was hoping it would be a little more exclusive
and not so crowded. As much as I enjoyed petting the animals I definitely felt crammed in
with other people and was hoping they would limit each tour a little. It is the only thing that
would make me not want to go back over and over every time I visited Myrtle Beach.

Visited July 2013
4 Thank mish827
MBSafari, Manager at Myrtle Beach Safari, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thanks so much for visiting the Myrtle Beach Safari and taking time to leave a review. We are delighted that this was such a "Great Life Experience" for you and that you appreciate the care and effort we put into caring for the animals and our facility. Your visit is also helping fund numerous international wildlife projects, which save endangered species in their natural habitats. We completely understand your desire for a more intimate experience with the animals, but as the Myrtle Beach Safari allows less than 200 guests per week, we have found that this experience is already quite exclusive. We do offer private encounters, but for most people, this is prohibitively expensive. We have found that our current experience and price point not only meets, but exceeds the expectations of most of our guests. We do our absolute best to create the world's greatest hands on animal experience and still keep it at a price that is realistically attainable by most people.
Russell, Massachusetts, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“May 2014 visit to Myrtle Beach Safari”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

My hubby & I recently took a vaca to MB specifically to go on this safari. "Pet a tiger" has always been on my bucket list so this adventure took care of that! This safari was even more amazing than I had expected. It is worth every penny and I would tell everyone who is in the MB area to take the time to do this. I plan to return again at some point in my life. All of my friends and family commented that the look on my face while holding the tiger was like I was an excited 5 year old again - and that's how it felt! Please go and experience this safari and interact with these amazing animals. You will learn a lot and have a better sense of how much we as humans need to do to preserve the future of the animals on this planet that God has put us in charge of.

Visited May 2014
4 Thank Deanna R
Hi Deanna! Thanks so much for visiting the Myrtle Beach Safari. We are so happy that we could help you check an item off of your bucket list and, if I may say so, in such spectacular style. We love seeing people's reactions to actually interacting with the animals. We love people like you that are so completely enthralled and excited about the experience. Obviously your pictures show your excitement. We thank you for your support and look forward to seeing you again for another adventure!
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Experience of a lifetime”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

As the title says this is an experience of a lifetime. Whether you are an animal lover or not it is a phenomenal experience. The staff was incredibly friendly, enthusiastic, and educational. They were accommodating and really made the experience much better because of their attentiveness. The day started with some basic information about what to expect, then the fun began. You walk as a group around the compound visiting different animals such as tigers, ligers, chimps, orangutans and more. You get time with each either to take pictures with or to actually hold, pet, and play with. Part way through they offer a complimentary light snack and drinks. You then continue with the tour, then at the end they have some more snacks. They make sure you are well taken care of. The overall experience is a little pricey, but worth every penny. If I come back to Myrtle Beach I will absolutely go again.

Visited May 2014
Hi Caitlin,

We're glad you had the "Experience of a Lifetime" and are happy to have had you visit. We truly do our best to make everyone feel welcome and well taken care of. The tour is the culmination of three decades of experience in introducing people to wildlife and making sure everyone (animals included) has a happy and positive experience. We are delighted to have shared that with you.