“A very nice place to stay.”

Bay View on the Boardwalk
Ranked #35 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Rock Hill, SC
“A very nice place to stay.”
Reviewed September 20, 2009

We had a wonderful stay at Bayview Resort. The staff were awesome(special thanks to Stefanie and Jason) the two of you were so helpful and friendly. My heart went out to the two of you when you were having to deal with the very rude lady who was complaining about her room and her mom falling. I do not know how the two of you were able to stay polite to her, I do believe I would have told her to get her things and leave the grounds. The two of you di not deserve the treatment that you took from her. She in my opinion was just trying to get something for nothing, and as far asher mother falling, accidents happen and to be honest with you I have a mom that issues with loosing her balance all the time. It is not an easy task to deal with and it would be nice to blame someone for her falls, but it is a part of getting old that we have learned to deal with. I hope that you do not have to deal with many people like her. God Bless the staff at Bayview Resort and please keep them all safe and friendly as there are.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (611)
Charleston
Reviewed September 19, 2009

The resort has very nice and spacious accomodations. We enjoyed the lazy river and the beach access. It is in a great location right down the street from the amusement park and water park. The only complaint is the wait for the elevator while checking out. I belive you can expect this problem at any resort in Myrtle Beach when everyone tries to check out at the same time. The key to the elevator problem is to check out early.

Knoxville, TN
Reviewed September 17, 2009

I booked this hotel 2 weeks in advance. After reading some of the reviews I was very concerned but decided to give it a try. After a 8.5 hour drive we were all very tired when we got there and just wanted to get checked in and relax. Check in was pretty qiuck but when we got to the room....it wasnt our room after all. Someone had already checked into it and all their personal property was in the room. Good thing we are honest people. It then took us 30 minutes to get an elevator to go back down to get the correct room. That wasnt the only time we waited on an elevator. At one point none of the elevators were working and I had to take 16 flights of stairs. That might not be to bad but the fact that I have arthritis in my hips made it very rough. Now once we got to the correct room, it was clean I dont have any complaints with that but it is very very small. Nothing like the pics. This place doesnt even have an outdoor pool and the indoor pool is very small and was so cold the entire stay that no one was using it. The lazy river is very small as well and only had 4-5 floats for it. Now as for the housekeeping, it was pretty bad as well. They came to clean the room one day while we were out and when they made the bed the only thing they did was pull the spread up. The sheet was still in the floor. Speaking of sheets, they werent changed the entire 5 nights we were there. They also failed to leave us any clean towels or toilet paper. HUM another 30 minute wait for an elevator. Parking is across the street and makes it very hard to get across, no crosswalk or anything. We were told by the hotel that we could park in the vacant lot next to the hotel owned by the bank and when we finally decided to do that we received a call from the front desk at 730 am telling us they were closing that lot and we needed to move our car. This hotel is also in between two public beach accesses which means anyone and everyone are hanging out in front of the hotel and let me say we saw alot of undesirables. Over all I would never stay at this hotel again>

gastonia n.c.
Reviewed September 9, 2009

wow where to begain. frist when i made resevation i ask for an handicap acessiable room.when we arrived room was not ready.when we finally got to the room i was very disappointed.we had the two bedroom condo.didnt get the handicap room we requested and i put my suit case on the bed and went to set down and fell to the floor the matress had sled off .you couldnt move without the matress sliding. the door stopper on the door coming from living room was broken off had to put chair in front of it . which made it hard for a wheel chair or walker to get through. then went to bath room and the toielet rock every time you went to set down you where afraid you were going to go through the wall .the tub was nasty had sand and hair in it .the elevators was a complete night mare 30 min wait if you are lucky.went to tell the front desk that night i was dissapointed amber was very helpful ast. manger jason walked up he seem to be nice said he would try to get us another hotel .he also said he would call next day. that day came and he didnt call/ i went back down there explain to him that this was really hard for my mother the elevator wait not having handi cap room. he said he couldnt get another hotel but would give a discount on room 1 night .iwas not happy but acepeted went to try to go swiming in the pool but again we were disspointed .their pool were not big at all no out side pool and dirty . well just got worst.my mom was brushing her teeth lost her balance went grab the counter and fell it took me 45 mins to get her off the floor if we had what we requested she might not have fell or she could have use the rails they usally have in handicap bathrooms . after igot her up and clened up i went to front desk were itold the night clerk what happen he said he would leave an e mail to jason the ast. mng. i said ok he also was nice. next morning went by then afternoon no one called or anything. again went to frontdesk amber was there told her what happen she appoligized the attiude stephanie made a comment that jason has been busy i sad iguess iwasnt important. anyway ileft manger and ast manger mess. by night my moms fall had left some bad bruises i wanted some one to see them, very nice clerk danielle seen them gave me manger car .we went to eat called me back said mangr wanted to see me before we left,then cameback to hotel had aticket on my car i parked where they told me to, checkout was wrose. iwent back down like i was told to.and ms.frendlly stephanie was ther she said manger wasnt here then json came out well any way the bottom line is these two dont care about any one and i was thearten to be escorted off property .i want people to know that this hotel should not even be operatering. i came home seen all these reviews with the same complanits. icalled manger and ask himwhy wasnt any of the things fixed.he said that they were addressed. so i hpoe others read the reviews before making reservaton I KNOW I WILL ...LOK AT MY MOMS PIC OF HER FALL

3 Thank toddie41
SC
Reviewed September 8, 2009

Please disregard the reviews below. My friends and me were staying there September 4, and all they say is a [--]. Hate people who like to complaint for no reason. It's a great hotel, personnel was very nice, you will not find better hotel on Myrtle Beach (trust me, I know).
Janice: we want to appreciate your help, you took a great care of us, we will be back next year for the spring break. I hope you have a nice day, you rock!
Complainers: if you don't like it - stay at Polynesian

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank TravellinggirlSC
south carolina
Reviewed September 4, 2009

I love everything about this resort. My family and I had a great time. The people at the front desk was so nice and friendly. My family and i are planning another trip in November and i will be staying at Bayview Resort. The rooms are so nice and spacious, i did not want to leave. Please keep up the good work. I wouldn't want a thing to change.

Ottawa, Ontario
Reviewed September 3, 2009

The room was dirty. The kitchen was poorly stocked. Room service was hit or miss at best. There is no outdoor pool at the Bay View, only a cramped indoor facility that is less than impressive. There are no decent restaurants within several blocks and the beach is dirty. Unlike the pristine beaches in North Myrtle Beach, this area is cigarette butt city! There is also constant noise and yelling on the beach late into the night, so don't expect to leave a door open to hear the surf/ocean. You will be up all night. As if the poor experience wasn't enough, a city/state official posted a TAX LEVY (a notice of seizure for unpaid taxes) on which is was said that the hotel would be auctioned off on December 6th to satisfy the debt! Lovely...

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
jasonMclaughlin, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, September 11, 2009
Bay View Resort is not under seizure for unpaid taxes. All units at Bay View Resort are privately owned. The tax levy was for a privately owned unit.