There were some really great things about this resort and some not so great things. Overall, it was a good resort and we would consider coming back here.
Pros: The condo was fabulous! We couldn't get an oceanfront, it was street view, but we didn't care about that (we didn't plan on staying in our room much). It was spacious, clean, and had everything we needed. I loved having a washer/dryer and being able to do laundry so that when I came home, it was already done. The location was great! Right on the boardwalk and being able to get out at night and walk around, listen to the music, the ocean was right there - it couldn't have been a better location. There were several water amenities indoors and a kids splash area that was great and right outside the indoor pool. I liked this as we were running between different areas (some have the kids section on one side and the regular on the other). They have 2 machines in the check-in office that always you to check out free (1 at a time) unlimited movie rentals. This was great!! and we took advantage of this throughout our stay. The parking is across the street, but it is not a long walk and we would go up to the 3rd level and always find a close spot to the elevators. At the pool area, we never had any issues finding seating - this was nice.
Cons: Waiting for an elevator was HORRIBLE! They are very aware of the issue and even have a sign up that says they are adding a 4th elevator this fall. I hope that helps. Sometimes, the elevator would stop a couple of times and be too full for us to get on. One day we waited about 15 minutes and was passed up 3X before being able to get on. I am sure this is a peak season issue - so don't let this deter you if you are not going during peak season. There is no outdoor pool, only the indoor pool, which is small and a very small lazy river. For kids, this was great.. the pool wasn't deep, they loved the lazy river and small kids pool (1ft deep) with mushroom water fountain in the middle. However, for adults....not so much. In cooler weather, this is probably great, but during the summer, you want to lay outside and enjoy the pool. Last complaint was WIFI was terrible - spotty at best. My husband and I had to just turn wifi off on our phones as it was so weak that when it tried to use it, you could get anything to load. For my laptop, when I called their technical support, he linked me into another room's wifi and I could access it, it was very slow and not a great connection. I am sure this isn't something that Bayview only experiences, but something to consider, if it is important to you.
Just an FYI that I didn't realize for the beach is that you have to put your personal umbrella either in line with the rentals or behind them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The smoke-free Bay View Resort is located on the NEW oceanfront boardwalk promenade. Bay View features an array of water amenities from an indoor lazy river, pool, spa tub to a children's pool as well as an oceanfront splashdeck. Guests love starting their day with fresh brewed coffee and pastries from the on-site Starbucks. Guests take advantage of the preferred pricing offered by area attractions and golf courses. Accommodations - Select from a variety of 1, 2 or 3 bedroom condos featuring large, private balconies with either sunrise or sunset views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Otel, Cancelon, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and getaroom.com so you can book your Bay View on the Boardwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay View On The Boardwalk Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Bay View Myrtle Beach
- Bay View Hotel
- Bayview Resort Myrtle Beach Sc