“Worth booking again”

Bay View on the Boardwalk
Ranked #38 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed July 29, 2014

The suites were very spacious and clean with a beautiful view. Hotel was crowded so we didn't use the pools and the elevators were always crowded and slow, but that attests to the quality of the hotel. Parking garage was secure and not too far away and a shuttle was offered. Just wasn't to crazy about the hotel being surrounded around slum type areas.

Room Tip: An oceanview suite is a must. The corner suites have an additional locked entrance.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Corey S, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor.

I'm happy you found the room to be spacious and clean. As you may already be aware, we are adding a fourth elevator, and construction will begin next month!

We hope you remember Bay View Resort the next time you are in Myrtle Beach.

Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,279)

Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Our overall stay was great! The condo we stayed I'm was very clean and the staff was very kind. However trying to catch the elevator was a nightmare. We waited for 20 minutes to get our belongings down stairs,we watched the elevator pass our floor 4 times. If they figure out that problem it would be a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2014
Corey S, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2014

Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor!

Unfortunately, we are well aware of the problem. The good news is we have a solution. We have received approval to build a fourth elevator. Construction will begin next month! At the completion of this project, we will be able to reprogram the existing elevators to service the building more efficiently.

We hope to see you again following the completion of this renovation.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Not bad. The room was clean, the staff was great, very courteous and helpful. The location was perfect so close to many attractions and restaurants we never moved the car. The only complaint I have is the sofa bed was really hard needed to be replaced no one should be allowed to sleep on it. But the beds were okay. For the cost I would definitely go back.

Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor!

As our resort was initially constructed in 2007, it is nearing the time to replace some of our large furnishings and appliances. I will bring this to the attention of our Homeowner Services Director so that these items can be inspected and replaced, if necessary. We're happy you enjoyed your stay, despite this issue.

We look forward to your return!

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Myrtle beach is a hit or miss place to visit and I have been hitting and missing for the past 20 years. I have had more misses than hits over the year but the Bay View is one of my few repeat bookings at Myrtle beach. It's clean, has a nice location and it's priced accordingly. It's not without it's downfalls...parking is across the street, the elevators are slow and they have no outdoor pool. However, the staff has always been friendly and helpful and the Bay View is on my short list of Myrtle beach hotels I actually enjoy staying at.

Room Tip: I would request a room below the 8th floor. This way you can use the stairs instead of waiting for...
1  Thank 1Theo1

Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor!

We sincerely appreciate your loyalty over these last few years! We are thrilled to be one of the hits in all your experiences visiting Myrtle Beach! As you may already be aware, we are adding an additional elevator next month. We believe this will greatly improve overall guest satisfaction.

We look forward to serving you in the future!

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Beautiful beautiful 1106 loved it . Condo had a homey feeling . The condo was the best part of the vacation in myrtle beach . I want to say Big Thank You to Our House Keeper Neece and also to guest service manager corey . The elevators are a little problem but you will have that anywhere . Parking a little bit of a problem but they did have transportation to transport you . All of the shops are a bit far of a walk . And all the good restaurants you have down there you really have to drive for ... To much driving around down there for me . I will keep going to VA Beach . from now on Tryed something new and I didn't like it .... But at least I can say I've been there ! Condo very beautiful thank you to the family who owns it also for sharing your home with us ... I vacationed with my husband my 3 children and my Mother ...... PS awesome oceanfront view of sun coming up and going down ! Bring binoculars ... Would be awesome for when the dolphins come down I believe they said it is in September or November ! Just ask when you call ... Thanks again .

Room Tip: No higher then 11th floor with kids I have a 8 yr old 13 and 16 .... Oceanfront is the best ....

Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor!

We sincerely appreciate all your kind words regarding our staff and resort. I will make sure that Neece is aware of your comments, along with the rest of our team. We appreciate you choosing Bay View on the Boardwalk for your first trip to Myrtle Beach. If you venture down this way again we hope remember us!

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Great service, staff was very attentive & the room was amazing! The kitchen was huge & had I have known before that there was a laundry room In the actual room I would've brought Detergent. Very convenient. Would definitely stay here again & hope to in the future!

• Stayed: July 2014
Corey S, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor!

It is our goal to be the number one resort in Myrtle Beach. Reviews like this let us know we are on the right track.

We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Clean, convenient to parking and attractions, good value. Friendly staff. Only hang up is the elevator situation, which has been mentioned, but even that wasn't too bad. I've had worse in other cities. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014
Corey S, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor!

We're thrilled to know you found the staff and resort to be friendly and accommodating. As you may already be aware, we have plans to add an elevator this fall. We hope this will relieve some of the long waits during peak times.

We hope to see you again soon!