“Great time!!”

Bay View on the Boardwalk
Ranked #38 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed March 26, 2014

My family and I had an awesome time at Bay View. This was the second year we have stayed and we will definitely stay here again. We had a one bedroom oceanfront room and it was very spacious. Our family spent hours at the indoor water facilities. The location of the parking garage was not an issue. I would definitely recommend this resort to a friend.

• Stayed: March 2014
BVMGR, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Thank you for your review. We are so glad that you had such an enjoyable stay and were able to take advantage of our water facilities. We also appreciate any recommendation to your family and friends. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,280)

Reviewed March 24, 2014

The best place I've stayed at Myrtle Beach yet. Every other place has loaded the rooms with chintzy "beachy" decor, but Bayview had a tasteful, modern look that was wonderful. All furniture and beds were very comfortable. The kitchen was large and sufficiently stocked (though if you plan on cooking EVERY night, you will find it lacking). They don't have the biggest lazy river, the most hot tubs, or the biggest pool, nor do they have any outdoor pools. This was fine for my family, but it's something to keep in mind if this is important to you. Everything felt very secure too. You had to have a keycard to access the main building, a keycard to access their garage, deliveries had to visit the front desk and the desk would call your room to get your approval to admit them.

1  Thank WedgeTalon
BVMGR, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Thank you for your review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and the décor of our rooms. Guest security is one of our top priorities. Only registered guests are allowed and a key is required to enter the building and parking garage. Thank you for making Bay View your hotel of choice and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

The 2br condo that I rented was amazing. It was super clean and very open and the balcony was amazing. The big attitude problem I encountered was when I was parking to register by the doors. There was a bellhop who said to the car behind me in a very loud an obnoxious way that they needed to move the car in 5 minutes or it would be towed. Besides this incident, the attitudes of everyone else was excellent. Another issue I had was that I got a cinnamon roll from Starbucks that seemed old and dried out. My sister who was one of my guests was also saying that she got a coffee and it was not made the way she asked for it to be. These incidents with Starbucks were very minor and the rest of the times dealing with them were a breeze. One More thing, the elevators were deplorable. The doors made all kinds of noises when they opened and closed and they would randomly jump for no reason when going from floor to floor. They should get fixed before they get stuck. That would really ruin a good time

Room Tip: Look for deals during off season
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. We are happy that you found our 2 br condo to be amazing. They are very spacious with great views of the ocean. I would like to apologize however for our bellman's attitude. This type of service is not tolerated and will be immediately addressed. We know you have many choices for accommodations when visiting Myrtle Beach and we hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Wonder resort, great staff! Can't wait to visit again, I highly recommend the Bay View Resort. I will be honest the elevators and internet are slow but the good definitely out ways the bad. We will be back soon. Thanks again for everything.

• Stayed: March 2014

We appreciate your review and are glad that you had such a great time. I apologize if the internet and elevators were not as fast as expected. We are currently looking into and addressing these concerns. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

A very nice hotel and good value for an off season stay. All of the staff were very friendly, helpful and courteous. Would definitely recommend to family and friends and will definitely consider another stay here.

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for your review. We are happy that you found our staff to be friendly and courteous and that you had an enjoyable stay. We appreciate the recommendations to your family and friends. We realize there are many hotels to choose from in Myrtle Beach and are happy that Bay View is your hotel of choice. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

My husband and I traveled with our 2 year old for a week long stay at MB. Bay View was a very nice place to stay, very clean, which for me is a huge deal. The only complaint I have is that the room was smaller than I had expected. Were It just me and my husband it wouldn't have been a big deal, but traveling with a 2 year old it was pretty tight. Gorgeous view and very nice staff. I am not going to complain about slow elevators because that is so picky of people to gripe about that. It's a large hotel with many visitors getting on and off. Of course they aren't going to be as fast as people want. Overall a nice stay and will stay here again and choose a suite instead of just a single room.

1  Thank Anita O

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay. I apologize however that you found the room to be tight. We have many different styles of rooms to choose from ranging from 1 to 4 bedroom condos. Our one bedroom condos are very spacious and would be perfect the next time you visit. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Check-in was quick and easy; there was always someone outside willing to open doors and assist with parking, etc. The parking garage was across the street, and I was pleased it was enclosed. My room was absolutely terrific! Clean, updated, two balconies, great view. I was very comfortable.

Room Tip: I had a one-bedroom in the "02" column which included two balconies, with one balcony acce...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank jaqii

Thank you for your great review. We are thrilled that you had such a great time and found our staff to be courteous and our rooms to be clean. We appreciate you choosing Bay View and hope to see you again very soon.