“Good resort!”

Bay View on the Boardwalk
Ranked #37 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed March 24, 2014

The 2br condo that I rented was amazing. It was super clean and very open and the balcony was amazing. The big attitude problem I encountered was when I was parking to register by the doors. There was a bellhop who said to the car behind me in a very loud an obnoxious way that they needed to move the car in 5 minutes or it would be towed. Besides this incident, the attitudes of everyone else was excellent. Another issue I had was that I got a cinnamon roll from Starbucks that seemed old and dried out. My sister who was one of my guests was also saying that she got a coffee and it was not made the way she asked for it to be. These incidents with Starbucks were very minor and the rest of the times dealing with them were a breeze. One More thing, the elevators were deplorable. The doors made all kinds of noises when they opened and closed and they would randomly jump for no reason when going from floor to floor. They should get fixed before they get stuck. That would really ruin a good time

Room Tip: Look for deals during off season
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
BVMGR, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Thank you for your review. We are happy that you found our 2 br condo to be amazing. They are very spacious with great views of the ocean. I would like to apologize however for our bellman's attitude. This type of service is not tolerated and will be immediately addressed. We know you have many choices for accommodations when visiting Myrtle Beach and we hope to see you again very soon.

There are newer reviews for Bay View on the Boardwalk

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Wonder resort, great staff! Can't wait to visit again, I highly recommend the Bay View Resort. I will be honest the elevators and internet are slow but the good definitely out ways the bad. We will be back soon. Thanks again for everything.

• Stayed: March 2014

We appreciate your review and are glad that you had such a great time. I apologize if the internet and elevators were not as fast as expected. We are currently looking into and addressing these concerns. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

A very nice hotel and good value for an off season stay. All of the staff were very friendly, helpful and courteous. Would definitely recommend to family and friends and will definitely consider another stay here.

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for your review. We are happy that you found our staff to be friendly and courteous and that you had an enjoyable stay. We appreciate the recommendations to your family and friends. We realize there are many hotels to choose from in Myrtle Beach and are happy that Bay View is your hotel of choice. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

My husband and I traveled with our 2 year old for a week long stay at MB. Bay View was a very nice place to stay, very clean, which for me is a huge deal. The only complaint I have is that the room was smaller than I had expected. Were It just me and my husband it wouldn't have been a big deal, but traveling with a 2 year old it was pretty tight. Gorgeous view and very nice staff. I am not going to complain about slow elevators because that is so picky of people to gripe about that. It's a large hotel with many visitors getting on and off. Of course they aren't going to be as fast as people want. Overall a nice stay and will stay here again and choose a suite instead of just a single room.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Anita O

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay. I apologize however that you found the room to be tight. We have many different styles of rooms to choose from ranging from 1 to 4 bedroom condos. Our one bedroom condos are very spacious and would be perfect the next time you visit. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Check-in was quick and easy; there was always someone outside willing to open doors and assist with parking, etc. The parking garage was across the street, and I was pleased it was enclosed. My room was absolutely terrific! Clean, updated, two balconies, great view. I was very comfortable.

Room Tip: I had a one-bedroom in the "02" column which included two balconies, with one balcony acce...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank jaqii

Thank you for your great review. We are thrilled that you had such a great time and found our staff to be courteous and our rooms to be clean. We appreciate you choosing Bay View and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

This hotel was awesome start to finish! We arrived in the morning and they let us check in early before the normal check in time at 3pm. They had tons of luggage carts making it easy to bring everyone's bags up. The elevators are slow like other reviewers say but it really isn't that bad, especially during the week when there weren't as many people there.
They gave us coupons at check in for a place called Medieval Times, buy one get one free! $60 value! Defiantly go to that. The parking is free and easy it's right across the street and you just use your room key to get in.
The location was great.
The pool was fantastic, the temperature was just right in all of the pools and the hot tub. They had a giant chess and checkers board. You are even allowed to bring adult beverages down as long as they were in a plastic cup - don't worry the hotel room had them. The kitchen was fully stocked with anything you could need, I even made a birthday cake!
The beds are okay not great not not great.
The bathrooms were huge and had lots of space and the cleaning service came everyday and gave us new towels, dish soap, dishwasher detergent (yes there is a dishwasher) and anything else we needed.
Also, they have a redbox like machine and you can rent free movies! Tons of selections!!!
This place was so fun!

Room Tip: The Condos in the middle are HUGE I recommend room 1806!!! Awesome view :)
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank 65averyp
BVMGR, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Thank you for such a great review! We are thrilled that you had such a great time at Bay View and enjoyed all of the services that we offer. Our Sun and Fun Bonus special which includes unlimited DVD movie rentals and discounts to area attractions has been a huge hit with our guests. Thank you again for your comments and for staying with us at Bay View. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

I took my girlfriend to this resort from Thursday-Sunday, was her first time at Myrtle Beach and our first time at a resort. I did some research and found Bayview resort and read some good reviews. We looked at all the pictures and were just hopping the pictures were realistic. Once we got their the pictures did not do the place justice. It was even better in person!!! From the extremely friendly staff to the amazingly clean rooms this place is one we will come back to from now on!!

Room Tip: The view in the ocean front rooms are amazing!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alex T
BVMGR, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Thank you so much for your review. We are very happy that your first stay to Myrtle Beach and Bay View was a memorable one. Our staff works hard to make sure every guest has an incredible stay. I will be sure to share your comments with the entire staff. We look forward to seeing you again soon!