My family and I went back to Myrtle Beach after a couple years hiatus. Last time we were here we stayed at the Dunes village resort (also a wonderful place) but this time we were late in trying to book a room and all the available rooms were booked for the week that we wanted. After doing a lot of research I found that BayView had the accomidations and needs we wanted and looked for. We Stayed the week ofAugust 18TH to the 25TH
.........Now on to the review........
THE PROS..... Very friendly staff, They were very accomidating, since we didn't arrive til almost 11PM. Even though people complain about the elevators, I never found the wait to be so unbearable that It was considered an inconvienience. ( BTW we stayed on the TOP FLOOR! )
Maria, Our housekeeper for the week, always came at the same time and was always as nice as could be.
The small 1 FT deep pool is ok, and the 3-4 FT Pool is nice for a relaxing short swim. The lazy river is also nice, just wish it was a little bigger. Free movie rentals (one @ a time) was also very nice. only once when I first arrived did i have a need to ask the front desk for more pillows, after that there was never any issues. We booked a 2BR 2 BA condo. The Weds night 2nd peir fireworks were very easily seen from the oceanview side of the hotel.
THE CONS......Parking across the street isn't really that bad since it is secure. Most of the hotels in the area have off site parking anyway.
Check IN/OUT time can be a little hectic with the elevators, but like I said after a day or so, you know When/Why you might need to wait just a little. No restraunt on site, But it's not like there's not 500 restraunts well within driving distance ( may I suggest thorny's)
If you plan on eating in Be prepared to bring a cookie sheet, if you wanna bake something (like fries) and a small bottle of dishsoap, they do provide dishwasher soap, but personally I prefer to handwash my dishes. Other than that, I just wish they had a deep outdoor pool for the adults.
Would I and My family stay here again?.....ABSOLUTELY.
Would I reccomend it to Friends and others?......ABSOLUTELY
Would I say, That NOT everyone Who goes There has as great a time as I did?.... Probably, but remember People are only human............... sometimes management may have their hands very full that day, housekeeping may be Very far behind, People may be checking IN/OUT and you may have to wait a min longer for an elevator. Other than that, I had a wonderful time at the Bay View Resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The smoke-free Bay View Resort is located on the NEW oceanfront boardwalk promenade. Bay View features an array of water amenities from an indoor lazy river, pool, spa tub to a children's pool as well as an oceanfront splashdeck. Guests love starting their day with fresh brewed coffee and pastries from the on-site Starbucks. Guests take advantage of the preferred pricing offered by area attractions and golf courses. Accommodations - Select from a variety of 1, 2 or 3 bedroom condos featuring large, private balconies with either sunrise or sunset views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Bay View on the Boardwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay View On The Boardwalk Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Bay View Myrtle Beach
- Bay View Hotel
- Bayview Resort Myrtle Beach Sc