My family and I went on a vacation/babymoon and stayed in a two bedroom oceanfront condo (Condo F, Room 306) for four nights. The room was WONDERFUL - very spacious, clean, and had touches of home since it was apparently an owned timeshare. They provided a DVD player, DVDs, books, and there was also a guest book to sign and share your experiences. The balcony furniture was high quality instead of the plastic chairs that the regular rooms had. There was a washer and dryer, along with a full kitchen and dining area.
We did have issues at check-in however - we arrived at 3:00PM after an 8 hour drive and had to wait an unreasonable amount of time to be checked in. The front desk staff seemed to be more interested in their personal conversations, rather than taking care of the forming line. I later checked my mobile bank statement and saw where the desk had put an extra charge on my card and had to remove it. At 8 months pregnant, the last thing I wanted to do was stand with our two year old and wait for them to finish their conversations before checking us in.
We loved that Bay View had not only a regular swimming pool, but also a lazy river, a 1 foot deep mushroom pool and outside sprinkler for the kids. They have oversized chess sets and shuffle board (which was on our floor) to play in between trips to the beach and pool.
Before booking, know that their parking garage is a good distance away from the hotel. You have to cross the main road and walk through another motels parking area to get to the garage. The elevators are also VERY slow. As others have posted, it is a 5 to 10 minute wait to get an elevator to your floor. I would keep this in mind, especially for those who are disabled or have issues walking down flights of stairs.
Overall, our stay at Bay View was good, other than the few inconveniences.
PROS: Great location, clean room, kids pool activities, concierge (for discount tickets to attractions)
CONS: Parking garage distance, slow elevators, inattentive front desk staff
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The smoke-free Bay View Resort is located on the NEW oceanfront boardwalk promenade. Bay View features an array of water amenities from an indoor lazy river, pool, spa tub to a children's pool as well as an oceanfront splashdeck. Guests love starting their day with fresh brewed coffee and pastries from the on-site Starbucks. Guests take advantage of the preferred pricing offered by area attractions and golf courses. Accommodations - Select from a variety of 1, 2 or 3 bedroom condos featuring large, private balconies with either sunrise or sunset views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Otel, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Bay View on the Boardwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay View On The Boardwalk Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Bay View Myrtle Beach
- Bay View Hotel
- Bayview Resort Myrtle Beach Sc