“just back from Myrtle Beach” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bay View on the Boardwalk

Bay View on the Boardwalk
Ranked #39 of 217 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Binghamton, New York
“just back from Myrtle Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed for 4 nights at the Bay View. Overall, a great value. Fabulous view, good room size, cleanliness, location and room service. Much has been written about the parking garage a block away, so here is my take. I thought it was a hassle. Twice my card didn't work to let me drive in, so I had to drive back to the office. The speed bumps in front of the gate made no sense and only make access for difficult. If someone wanted to break into a car, they could find a way into the garage and do it with no one watching. I would rather see an open garage with parking permits. Other than the parking, I'm glad we stayed there.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Don1900
BayviewManagement, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Don1900,
Thank you for choosing Bay view, and writing a review about your experiences. I am pleased to hear taht you enjoyed your stay and found us to be a great value. Sorry to hear that you had an issue with your keys during your stay. We do hope that you'll come back and stay with us on your next trip to Myrtle Beach!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (571)
Apex, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed 2 nights at the Bay View Resort the weekend after Thanksgiving in a Condo one bedroom on the street side. This turned out to be a suprizingly great hotel that was clean, had enough to do for the teenagers, great location , and even better - we could not beat the pricing for the hotel/Pirates Adventure dinner show package. We have already recommened it to friends. Don't miss the rooftop shuffleboard, the indoor lazy river and hot tub, and the chairs out in the sun even in December! The beds left a lot to be desired but the kitchen, balcony, and sitting area was more than what we needed. Don't forget to bring paper towels, some dishsoap, coffee filters and they even have a washer & dryer in the closet but bring detergent.

Room Tip: For better pricing, stay on the street side. It may be too cold on the ocean side in winter anyway.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Dear ggthor,
Thank you for choosing Bay View and for posting a review of your recent stay. I am pleased to hear you were able to take advantage of a great package deal. Even better to hear that you found our hotel clean, and in a great location. We hope to host your next trip to Myrtle Beach!
Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We only stayed one night had a 2 bed room on 11th floor with a sea and pier view. Great location, room on the small side but had everything even a small balcony and it met all our needs. Fridge, microwave coffee making. There is a starbucks in hotel too. We only paid £28 for the night and did not pay a resort fee on arrival so we were very please.As it was off season we could park right next to hotel and did not have to go over the block to car park. Would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear eyam,
Thank you for choosing Bay View, and for your subsequent review. I am happy to hear that you were pleased with the accomodations. We hope that you'll soon stay again, and that next time you can stay longer and take advantage of all that Bay View has to offer.
Powhatan, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We stayed here for Thanksgiving (11/21 - 11/25). The staff from check-in to check out was friendly and helpful. Every staff member we encountered was nice and ready to help us pick places to go, things to do even on Thanksgiving Day. I worked in the hotel industry for several years, at a very, nice hotel and I must say that Bay View exceeded my expectations. After making reservations thru Expedia, I called the hotel to explain that due to my hubby's height we needed a king sized bed and that due to my son's allergy to tobacco smoke, I needed to make sure there was no tobacco smoke smell in the room. The guest service person was extremely nice and noted my needs and said to call back a few days before arriving. When I called back, I got the same friendly response that they would make sure we got what we needed. (Please note, the resort is smoke free, put some people smoke any way!)

I must say that I have never stayed in a cleaner place. We loved our mini vacation at the Bay View so much, we have recommended it to 3 other families. We our planning another stay here with another couple this summer.

One small compliant is slow elevators, but you are no vacation, what's the rush?

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
BayviewMgr, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear jbstrat,
Thank you for staying and posting a review about your stay. Very pleased to hear that all of our staff made a great impression on you, and that our reservations and front desk personnel were able to fulfill your requests. Thank you for recommending us to your friends, and we hope to host your next stay in Myrtle Beach!
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We spent Thanksgiving/the weekend (11/22-25) at this hotel and stayed in room 1410 which is the 1 bedroom angle view suite with 2 balconies (ocean and sunset). It was like being home away from home. The layout made it seem even more spacious than it already was. The views were simply amazing and it was the best sunset view I have had/scene in years. The surprising thing about the room as well was the fact you have access to the sunset view balcony from both the bedroom/living rooms. Very spacious accommodations. We really enjoyed this choice in room with all the modern amenities. The bed was not firm at all so I did not sleep too well and normally mattress types do not bother me. The elevators were the worst that I have ever encountered. There were 3 elevators; however, it bypassed our floor several times (on this busy weekend) even when we decided to press both (up/down) buttons to capture it at some point it kept passing us. The parking garage is a short block away. Another plus with this hotel is that you need your hotel keys at every entrance door except for the reception area. I felt very secure especially knowing that only residents have access to the parking garage.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
Dear CBruce487,
Thank you for choosing Bay View and posting a review about your recent stay. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the accomodations, and the security of our facilities. Sorry to hear you felt the matress was too soft. We hope that you will return to Bay View for your next stay in Myrtle Beach!
Outer Banks, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I had a few days between business meetings and decided to stopover in Myrtle Beach. I am very pleased that I chose the Bayview Resort.

With the low price that I paid for the room, I wasn't expecting much. Boy, was I surprised!

The hotel is located on the Boardwalk and within walking distance are a lot of great restaurants and bars.

I had an oceanview room and the views were fantastic.

The check-in process was quick and easy. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful.

The room was clean and appears to have been recently updated. The bedspreads and curtains could use replacing as they were well worn and detracted from the other updates in the room.

My room had a microwave, small refrigerator and a second sink outside the bathroom. Nice flat panel TV too.

The pool/lazy river area seemed to be well enjoyed by those who were traveling with children. I was there to read on my balcony and relax so the pool was not of interest to me. I will say that what I pictured in my mind as a "lazy river" was much bigger and nicer than what I saw at the Bayview.

A quick tip about the parking situation. The small dropoff area in front of the hotel was packed when I arrived. The Bayview's parking garage is secured and you need a room key to open the gate to park there. I parked on the street about a block away and walked to the hotel to check-in. Once checked in, I could go back to the car and move it to the parking garage. The walk from the garage is not bad at all. There is public parking (with a fee) on both sides of the hotel.

I plan to go back to Myrtle Beach in the spring and will stay at the Bayview again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear obxninja,
Thank you for choosing Bay View and posting a review about your experience with us. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and we hope that you again choose Bay View for your accomodations in Myrtle Beach.
MOORE, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

What is the best feature of this lovely facility? Location right on the ocean, close proximity to restaurants and shopping, Starbucks downstairs, cleanliness, friendliness of staff. What I enjoyed most was walking the Boardwalk from directly in front of the resort, down to 14th Ave pier, and back to the 2nd Ave pier, then back to the resort, then reclining comfortably on the lawn with a good book. Refrig and microwave added to the convenience. Next time I plan to take my own linens as the sheets were rather thin (but clean) and the spread had seen better days. For all the outstanding features of the resort, this is not a problem and easily remedied.

Room Tip: I love the oceanfront rooms.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank TRAVELTIME78
BayviewManagement, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear TRAVELTIME78,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us. I am thrilled to hear about your excellent visit and that you were able to take advantage of our fantastic location directly on the boardwalk, which like you said is a short walk to many attractions in the area including both fishing piers. We hope that you decide to stay at Bay View again for any future visits to Myrtle Beach and wish you and yours a very safe and happy holiday season.