“Good and Bad”

Bay View on the Boardwalk
Ranked #35 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Good and Bad”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stayed at Bay View from October 2 - 8. I chose the location based off of the good reviews I saw here on trip advisor. My stay wasn't completely pleasant but I will share both the good and then the issues I encountered. The location of the resort is excellent. It's right on the boardwalk and within walking distance to all of the attractions on the boardwalk. The hotel was clean and I was impressed with the friendliness of the staff at check in. We stayed in one of the ocean view 1 bedroom suites and the room was fantastic. It had all of amenities we needed and was very clean and new. The parking garage was across the street and a short walking distance from the resort and was gated so I didn't worry about my car being stolen or broken into the entire trip. It was nice having that peace of mind. I was also impressed that after we decided to stay one extra night, the female manager gave me the same room rate I paid through Priceline. I was very appreciative of this. The only thing I didn't like about the hotel itself was the small pool area. There was no outside pool, which would have been an issue if I had been staying there during the hot summer months.

The biggest issue I encountered with Bay View was being contacted by the resort to move my car because the resort had decided to block off the bottom level of the parking garage for motorcycles. There was a motorcycle rally of some sort being held over the weekend. I was not pleased with being asked to move my car, which had pretty much remained parked the entire trip. I felt it was poor service on the part of the resort to contact all of the guests parked in that area and ask them come move their vehicles, just to accommodate motorcycles that were coming to town. It was around 9PM when I was called as well and I refused to go move my car at that point. The manager I spoke with was Rude, Rude, Rude, and had a nasty attitude which I did not appreciate as a paying guest. He gave me the name of his manager but I never called the next day. I didn't want to and shouldn't have to deal with that type of drama while on vacation. The next day when I went out they had, at that point put up signs and caution tape saying the parking was for motorcycles only. I never complied with the hotel's parking request because I felt it was pretty ridiculous and mainly due to the jerk I spoke with. Second, I paid for my room through Priceline and when I got home I checked my credit card statement and I was also charged by the hotel. I called and spoke with someone at the hotel and was told to call Priceline. The issue is still not resolved and has been a huge pain. Thankfully I didn't use my debit card. I've never had issues with Priceline before and was told the resort didn't follow proper instructions. I wish everything had gone smooth but due to having to deal with these issues I will not stay there again. I had actually looked into the possibility of purchasing one of the condos at the resort. I even had my parents, who are retiring to Myrtle Beach come check out the rooms because they are looking to purchase as well. However, due to the above issues that will NOT be happening.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ron B
BayviewManagement, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Ron B,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us. We are very happy to see that overall you had an excellent stay but do want to apologize about the issues you did experience. We are very sorry about any inconvenience the call to ask you to move your car had caused, during the bike rally's we do cordon off the garage so that the bikers have parking in one secure area rather than spread out throughout the garage. This isn't meant to give preferential treatment in any way it is merely for everyone's safety during those weekends. We also want to apologize immensely for any perceived rudeness from any person on our team, that is certainly not how we want to conduct ourselves with any guests. I also am very happy to see that we have resolved the issue regarding your account and want to apologize about any inconvenience that caused and do hope that you decide to stay with us again in the future so that we can try and make this previous stay up to you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (610)
Butler, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband, two year old son and I just returned from a great stay at Bayview Resort in Myrtle Beach! This is the first time we went off season and could afford to stay on the beach and after this wonderful stay, we look forward to doing it again. The staff was friendly and helpful, especially Donfay (spelling?) He greeted us with a smile and assistance at check in and was a friendly face throughout our stay. The location is fabulous and my son absolutely loved the pools and sprinklers. We enjoyed strolling the boardwalk and playing on the beach! Thank you and your staff for assisting in our great getaway!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
BayviewManagement, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Janice S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us and we are extremely happy that you and your family had a great stay with us and enjoyed our water amenities. I will be sure to let the Dontay and the staff aware that their hospitality was very much appreciated. We look forward to having you and yours with us again for another great stay.
Southport
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Everyone was extremely nice. Our room was clean and the views are great. The location is perfect for a family vacation or a singles weekend.
Everytime I stay at the Grand Strand from now on will be at Bay View.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear VernonLT,

Thank you for your recent review of the Bay View and the kind words. We are very happy that Bay View was is the perfect fit for your trips to Myrtle Beach and look forward to having you with us again.
Smyrna, Tennessee
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I am a Grandmother who stayed the first week of October with two teenage grandsons and their friends. While the parking garage was off property they offered security to escort us after dark. The Bay View was in the middle of the boardwalk. The boys could walk in one direction to the sky wheel and 14th ave pier and in the other direction to the 2nd ave pier. They could walk a couple of blocks inland and play miniature golf or eat or shop. This was the perfect location for us. The rooms were great. Each bedroom had a balcony with an ocean view and the living room had an ocean front view. The accomodations were perfect for us. I would highly recomment the Bay View.

Dear Smyrnagran,

Thank you very much for your review of your recent stay with us. We are very happy to hear that Bay View was the perfect fit for you and your family and that you were able to enjoy our excellent location in the heart of Myrtle Beach right on the brand new boardwalk. We look forward to having the opportunity to have you and your family back with us again.
Stafford Township, NJ
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Stayed 9/30-10/5/12. 10th floor, one bedroom unit. Nice sized bedroom with balcony access, full kitchen, washer, dryer, pull-out couch. Two small balconies. One accessed from bedroom and living room, the other smaller balcony accessed thru living room. A small lazy river, hot tub, mid-sized indoor pool - NO OUTDOOR POOL. Hotel was nice, clean and the staff was very helpful. We checked in about 3 hours early, even though they were full the night before. I placed a call to the hotel upon arriving in MB at noon. They called me back 10 minutes later and told us we were welcome to check in as our room was ready. Only three drawbacks that we encountered. #1 was that the kitchen was a bit lacking in supplies (i.e. limited silverware, plates, etc). #2 - there was no outdoor pool. #3 - parking garage was behind another hotel across the street. None of these were deal breakers, I would definitely return to this resort. I stayed at Forest Dunes in February and the kitchen was much better equipped. This one bedroom unit seemed to be smaller than the unit we rented at Forest Dunes, but it is much closer to shops, restaurants and everything you could really want or need in MB. A bit noisy towards the end of the week because Bike Week started, but again, not a deal breaker. We parked for the week on the first floor of the garage. On Thursday evening we received a call from the front desk asking us to move our car because they had reserved the first floor for the bikers. We refused to move the car as it had been parked there all week and we were leaving the next morning. They didn't argue with that. Again, we plan on returning next October.

Room Tip: Choose an ocean front room to avoid busy street noise.
Dear Carole C,

Thank you very much for your detailed review of your stay with us, we are very pleased that overall you had an excellent stay and are appreciative of the constructive criticism as we rely on guest feedback to be aware of not only what we are doing well but also where we can do better. We look forward to having you back with us again next October and hope that you and your family have a safe and happy fall season.
Spotsylvania, Virginia, United States
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Best location in Myrtle Beach. Close to restaurants and night life. Staff was excellent and very accommodating to our needs. Pool area clean and friendly. Rooms are very spacious and spotless. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear David R,

Thank you for review of your stay with us here at the Bay View. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our great location, excellent staff and wonderful amenities. We look forward to having you back for your next return trip to Myrtle Beach.
Ohio
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We stayed in a 3 bedroom, 3 bath condo unit from 9/21 - 9/29/12. While we did rent this unit thru homeaway.com, we were so impressed with the Bayview. As many have stated, the parking garage is 1 block over but very few resorts in Myrtle Beach have an attached garage. While this was not a problem for us to walk to garage, I was impressed with security there. Had to use a card key to get in ...walking in or driving in.
Resort itself is right on the boardwalk and just wonderful.
Unit was extremely well equipped. Elevators were a tad slow at times. All in all we give this resort 5 stars. Hope to return at vacation time!

Room Tip: 5th floor corner unit....3 bedroom, 3 bath, just great and well equipped for larger group.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear dblbj,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on your stay here with us. I am very happy that even though you didn't book directly through the property we were able to make a great impression on you and yours. I hope that we have the opportunity to have you with us again in the future.