I stayed at Bay View from October 2 - 8. I chose the location based off of the good reviews I saw here on trip advisor. My stay wasn't completely pleasant but I will share both the good and then the issues I encountered. The location of the resort is excellent. It's right on the boardwalk and within walking distance to all of the attractions on the boardwalk. The hotel was clean and I was impressed with the friendliness of the staff at check in. We stayed in one of the ocean view 1 bedroom suites and the room was fantastic. It had all of amenities we needed and was very clean and new. The parking garage was across the street and a short walking distance from the resort and was gated so I didn't worry about my car being stolen or broken into the entire trip. It was nice having that peace of mind. I was also impressed that after we decided to stay one extra night, the female manager gave me the same room rate I paid through Priceline. I was very appreciative of this. The only thing I didn't like about the hotel itself was the small pool area. There was no outside pool, which would have been an issue if I had been staying there during the hot summer months.
The biggest issue I encountered with Bay View was being contacted by the resort to move my car because the resort had decided to block off the bottom level of the parking garage for motorcycles. There was a motorcycle rally of some sort being held over the weekend. I was not pleased with being asked to move my car, which had pretty much remained parked the entire trip. I felt it was poor service on the part of the resort to contact all of the guests parked in that area and ask them come move their vehicles, just to accommodate motorcycles that were coming to town. It was around 9PM when I was called as well and I refused to go move my car at that point. The manager I spoke with was Rude, Rude, Rude, and had a nasty attitude which I did not appreciate as a paying guest. He gave me the name of his manager but I never called the next day. I didn't want to and shouldn't have to deal with that type of drama while on vacation. The next day when I went out they had, at that point put up signs and caution tape saying the parking was for motorcycles only. I never complied with the hotel's parking request because I felt it was pretty ridiculous and mainly due to the jerk I spoke with. Second, I paid for my room through Priceline and when I got home I checked my credit card statement and I was also charged by the hotel. I called and spoke with someone at the hotel and was told to call Priceline. The issue is still not resolved and has been a huge pain. Thankfully I didn't use my debit card. I've never had issues with Priceline before and was told the resort didn't follow proper instructions. I wish everything had gone smooth but due to having to deal with these issues I will not stay there again. I had actually looked into the possibility of purchasing one of the condos at the resort. I even had my parents, who are retiring to Myrtle Beach come check out the rooms because they are looking to purchase as well. However, due to the above issues that will NOT be happening.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The smoke-free Bay View Resort is located on the NEW oceanfront boardwalk promenade. Bay View features an array of water amenities from an indoor lazy river, pool, spa tub to a children's pool as well as an oceanfront splashdeck. Guests love starting their day with fresh brewed coffee and pastries from the on-site Starbucks. Guests take advantage of the preferred pricing offered by area attractions and golf courses. Accommodations - Select from a variety of 1, 2 or 3 bedroom condos featuring large, private balconies with either sunrise or sunset views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Vacatia, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Bay View on the Boardwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay View On The Boardwalk Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Bay View Myrtle Beach
- Bay View Hotel
- Bayview Resort Myrtle Beach Sc