“25th wedding anniversary get-away”

Bay View on the Boardwalk
Ranked #35 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Greensboro, North Carolina
“25th wedding anniversary get-away”
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Overall, the hotel is great. Pros include the quick check in/out, security, cleanliness, friendly staff, view of ocean, boardwalk,Starbucks, the weather, bathroom lay out and we actually loved the parking being across the road and so secure !!
Cons: small room, no outdoor pool or restaurant.
We WILL come back !!

1 Thank jeklamb09
BayviewManagement, General Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, May 18, 2012
Dear jeklamb09,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on your stay with us here at the Bay View. I am thrilled to see that you had a wonderful time and I sincerely appreciate the kind words you had for our resort and staff. I am very happy that you were able to enjoy the beach and the new boardwalk and that the weather was great while you were here in Myrtle Beach. In regards to the room, when you stay with us again we could look at getting you into one of our very spacious one or two bedroom condos that has a separate living room and fully equipped kitchen as well as washer and dryer in the unit. You are correct that we do not have an outdoor pool but when the weather is nice we do try to keep the sliding glass doors open and it gives the area more of an open feel to it. I look forward to having you return and staying with us again in the future.

Tom Emmert

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (610)
Durham, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed May 17, 2012

My family and I have been going to this resort every year since it opened. We missed last year because I was pregnant but we would never consider staying anywhere else while in Myrtle. The resort is always so clean. Within walking distance of everything you need (restaurants, bars, and groceries) and parking is a breeze. This year when we went there was a problem with my reservation. But the handled it quickly and were so nice about it that it didnt ruin my trip. This is the only place I've stayed while traveling that i haven't had anything to complain about. My kids call it their beach house. We all LOVE IT! Try it once and you'll definitely be back again. Great for families or for a party weekend with friends.

Room Tip: Always go for oceanview. If you want quiet, the higher the better.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tia S
Dear Tia S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on your most recent stay with us here at the Bay View. I am very happy to hear that you had another great stay and I appreciate your continued support and patronage. I am glad to see that you and your family were able to enjoy our excellent location on the boardwalk as well as our very secure parking garage. I also am happy to see that we were able to get the issue resolved for you quickly and efficiently and that it didn’t have a negative effect on your stay. I look forward to having the opportunity to host you and your family again in the future.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

Nice hotel. First time to Myrtle Beach and I would stay at this hotel again. Fast check-in/ check out. Good size ocean front room. Did not like the fact that the parking garage was across the street behind a motel, but there was someone with a golf cart to shuttle you back and forth

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
BayviewManagement, General Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Dear Taisha W,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay here at the Bay View. I am thrilled to see that you had a wonderful time and that the resort and staff were able to meet and exceed your expectations. You are correct that the parking garage is about a block away behind some smaller mom and pop hotels but like you said we do have the Gem Car that can take you directly from or to your car from the front of the hotel and we always have security 24 hours a day walking and checking the premises. Thank you again and I sincerely look forward to having the opportunity to host you and yours again in the future.

Kerman, California, United States
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Really nice hotel, and not to expensive. The condo was amazing and it had everything I needed. Really clean, and the staff was really friendly/helpfull. It was at a perfect spot where everything was a nice walking distance. I highly recommend this place to first time travelers to Myrtle Beach.

Dear Enrique S,

Thank you very much for posting a review on your stay and for all of your kind words regarding your stay with us at the Bay View. I am very happy to see you had great time and that you enjoyed one of our very spacious condos. I also want to thank you for the nice words regarding the staff, they work extremely hard and all of them do a great job treating each and every guest like a member of our Bay View family. I also am happy to see that you were able to take advantage of our amazing location on the boardwalk within walking distance to most everything on the strip and within a short drive to favorites such as Broadway at the Beach and the many shows in the area. Thank you again for your review and I certainly look forward to having the chance to host you and yours in the future.

Centuria
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Came here because we could not stay in our originally booked hotel (it was disgusting). The service was second to none. We ended up in one of the Condo's and it was magnificent. The hotel is clean the employees are professional and very helpful. I am only sad I did not have my family with me. It is a very family friendly hotel.

Room Tip: Ocean side is of course the best. It is awesome to fall asleep hearing the ocean.
3 Thank Victoria P
Dear Victoria P,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at the Bay View. I am very happy to see that you had a wonderful time and we were able to turn your trip to Myrtle Beach around. I greatly appreciate the kind words regarding the service and the staff, I certainly feel we have a great staff that does an excellent job making sure each guest is properly taken care of, comfortable and welcomed. I hope that we have the opportunity to host you again in the future and next time I look forward to having you bring your family along with you.

RI
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Had a room on one of the higher floors. Room were roomy, and the view was to die for. Had a nice balcony overlooking the ocean. The only drawback was the elevators were very slow. There is also no restaurant on site. But, there is a restaurant in walking distance of the hotel. There is a Starbucks in the hotel. There is a separate parking garage which is very secure. You need your room key to access the garage. We were there the beginning of May. Very quiet. There is a lazy river for the kids. The beach was beautiful.. would recommend this hotel highly!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for Oceanfront not oceanview. Much better view of course
2 Thank Magical5
BayviewManagement, General Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, May 12, 2012
Dear Magical5,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us here at the Bay View. I am very happy to see that you had a wonderful time and that you enjoyed one of our very spacious units. You are correct that we only have a Starbucks on site but we are within walking distance to many great restaurants along Ocean Blvd. and the boardwalk not to mention the local attractions that are situated along the boardwalk as well such as the Sky Wheel and both major piers . Thank you again for your feedback and I do want to apologize for any inconvenience that the elevator wait time may have caused and I can assure you that we are always looking at and discussing ways to accommodate more guests quickly and efficiently. I look forward to having the opportunity to host you and yours again in the future and thank you so much for your recommendations.

Lugoff, South Carolina
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I got in town early and they us check in early I thought that was cool. Also my wife and I got free Starbucks coffee every morning.Clean rooms and double securty door to get to your room that I LIKE.

Room Tip: Ocean front third floor is my fovorite.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank James C
BayviewManagement, General Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Dear James C,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us, I am very happy that you had a wonderful time and that we were able to get you into your room early. Thank you again for the kind words and your comments; I hope that we have the opportunity host you and yours again in the future.

General manager