“All in all my vacation experience was ecellent!”
Review of Vancouver Motel

Vancouver Motel
Ranked #35 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed February 25, 2011

The exterior of the building is clean and neat. We could view the ocean from our room.(lovely)
The rooms have ceramic tile floors and therefore, pets are welcome. We brought our family dog, as he is a family member, to us. The vacation was so much better since we didn't have to board our dog. Otherwise, we would have worried about him all week. The beds are comfortable and we had an efficiency room, so that we didn't have to eat out for every meal. The hot water is plentiful which never ran out, like in some other motels . The owner is very pleasant and concerned that our stay was comfortable and happy, which it was.
I would recommend this motel to any family or person, especially if you like to take your pet(s) on vacation with you.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank valenty157
There are newer reviews for Vancouver Motel

Reviewed October 18, 2010

Very nice older hotel, outside and pool area is clean and taken care of. Staff is very friendly and rooms are clear . Will return again next vacation.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank kip96
Reviewed July 12, 2010

Most discourteous staff and owner I have ever experienced in my 30 years of vacationing in Myrtle Beach. The front desk cursed at me after check-out and made my one day stay with them a living hell. I was left with no choice but to quit my vacation early and return home due to their inhospitable nature. Avoid this dump of a motel like the plague!

6  Thank CharlotteDogLover
Reviewed July 13, 2009

I chose this hotel only because it allowed pets of all sizes. I have a chocolate lab and most hotels only allow smaller dogs. I have to say that was the only thing good about the hotel other than the view on the beach. The floors are tiled which gives the appearance that it would be clean but the hotel is completely run down. My shower was so clogged I stood in water up to my ankles the mattress had huge blood and urine stains on it. The appliance are so old I would not use them to cook and there is awindow in the bathroom that someone could easily slide open and get in. Not to mention the hotel next door is closed down which is a huge eye soar. I would not have felt safe here if I had not had my dog with me since my friends were staing in another hotel. I also found that there is nothing in walking distance and parking is challenging on the strip. Next time I will pay the extra money and stay at a pet friendly chain like holiday inn or la quinta so I know what I am getting. I even switched hotels after two days. I had a better location but it seems alot of these hotels are run down and dirty. Word to the wise listen to the reviews.

• Stayed: July 2009
5  Thank travelerwithpet
Reviewed July 2, 2009

We spent our family vacation at this motel. Was assured that they had the best rates--wrong. Upon cruising around we saw much cheaper rates at much better accommodations.
We had stayed here before several years back, but a lot has changed over the years. The room was not clean, or I should say the beds. We removed the comforter and there were old , I guess pet stains. Pets are allowed which is great, we did not have any problems with barking like I heard some complaining at the pool. We had drawers that would not open, lights that would not work and the people above us , when showering it always leaked into our bathroom below. Worst of all it was a very hot time and we were told that there was nothing that could be done about the air conditioning in the room, it was so hot in the room our candy melted . We had to apply our makeup in the car. We were never greeted by the managing staff. We were told it was family owned and they were proud of this. People were allowed to scream and party at the pool until all hours. Needless to say we will not be returning to this Motel.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
5  Thank OhioToot_toot
Reviewed April 14, 2009

When we arrived at the hotel, we explained that we were relocating here to Myrtle Beach, and asked about extended stays. We were told it would be $125 per week. Upon first look at the room ( 2 beds and a small kitchen ) we thought that price was reasonable, so we paid for 4 weeks. Which came to $660.00 with taxes and deposit. The first few night were great. Then we started noticing water droplets on the ceiling near the window, which we were told to wipe off with a towel. Next came the mold growing the bathroom which we were told was common and to go buy mold remover at the nearest Wal-mart. Then we had the loud, obnoxiuos neighbors whom we were told to deal with ourselves as the hotel did not want to get involved ( we called the police after repeated attempts of asking them to please turn down the music failed). There were absolutely no housekeeping services provided during our stay either. Then came the kicker, the day our 4 weeks was up, a staff member ( maintainance I beleive) came to our room at 10:30 and told us we had until 11:00 to pay for another month or they were locking us out and taking our stuff. We packed our things and moved out. Unfortunately repeated attempts to speak with the owner were unsucessful. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone unless you have someone coming to visit that you really don't want visiting you.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
5  Thank hthrhr
Reviewed September 1, 2008

I stayed in a poolside room from Jan-Mar 08. It had a great view of the ocean. My room was clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. My pets were welcome to stay. I was MORE than comfortable. It was a second home away from home. During my stay, the rooms were exterminated weekly-NO BUGS!!!!! I enjoyed my 3 month stay and would return again and have recommended this hotel to many people looking for a nice place to stay that welcomed pets. Thanks to the staff and management for making my stay pleasant and enjoyable!!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family