“Great place for pet owner & famlies”
Review of Vancouver Motel

Vancouver Motel
Ranked #45 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Upon our arrival there was no problem with the reservations and one of the staff helped me with bringing in our luggage as this is difficult for my husband.This is an older Mom & Pop type property that the owner and staff are continually working at to keep up and improve. It is kept very clean. The location is great and the beach is easily assessable. We have housekeeping facilities on the ground floor. While we have not required much attention, any requests have been dealt with promptly

Room Tip: If you choose ocean view; the 2nd & 3rd floors are best. We needed ground as there is no elevato...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Roberta H

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Clean, well maintained motel. We never had any issues. Took pet crate for room & covered it w/ blanket from home when we were out site-seeing....dog was comfortable & quiet. We used the clean pool late at night & had it to ourselves. We had zero issues with noise from other guests. Checking in & out was a breeze. When I return to Myrtle Beach, I will surely stay at the Vancouver again.....right on the beach, clean, friendly, & I felt safe there. God bless & enjoy!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Amommie O
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We've been staying here every year since discovering it in 2009. It's an older motel, but the location is great. The ocean front rooms are wonderful and the price is right. I've stayed at high priced hotels that weren't this clean. The best part is pets are welcome. If you can't deal with the occasional barking dog, go elsewhere. But I love it.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Piglet601
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I decided to stay an extra night and needed an affordable place to stay and was having the most difficult time finding anything until I stumbled upon this little gem of a hotel. The price was amazing, and the location seemed perfect. It's just a little south of the Skywheel and reminds me of the old style hotels I used to stay at as a kid. So I couldn't say no when I saw it on TripAdvisor.

I was pretty surprised at the service and the room quality based on the price. Upon entering the lobby, I was met with a very friendly hotel staff who went out of his way to help get me set up in an ocean front room. I truly felt at home here, which you wouldn't expect from a hotel at this price. Everyone seemed to enjoy their job, and it almost felt like you were a part of the family while you were there. When I went to my room, the maintenance guy showed me to my room and did a quick inspection of the room to ensure it was up to standards, and told me if there was anything I needed, he'd be happy to help. Very friendly and enjoyable to talk to.

The room was clean and had tile floors which was awesome. The bed was very comfortable and the view astounding. Small kitchenette and a small bathroom but still perfect. My only complaint, which I noticed right when I went into my room, was the neighboring room had a dog in it that kept barking and scratching the walls nonstop, and was pretty loud, making me think the walls are pretty thin. Anytime I moved in the room, the dog next door would bark for hours, which was pretty annoying but I don't blame that on the hotel.

Overall, I had a great visit at Vancouver. It's just a short walk away from Springmaid pier and is in a wonderful location. I will definitely be visiting again! :)

Room Tip: Definitely go with an oceanfront room on the 2nd or 3rd floor for a great view to wake up to
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Will P
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We have just stayed at this motel for 8 days. The room was clean and the staff very friendly and helpful. For a pet-friendly accommodation its location on the beach is perfect. We would definitely stay there again and if a restaurant is being built next door then this is an extra plus. Thanks for a pleasant stay.
J & R - Ottawa

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2013

You can't beat the price of this motel, and you get a pretty decent room too! Pleasantly surprised to see a fridge and microwave considering the rock-bottom price we paid, and the room was spacious too.

Bring some earplugs--the walls are very thin, so if you have neighbors who are loud, it can keep you up at night. Also, the motel does not provide shampoo--so make sure to bring your own bottle with you.

Definitely a great buy for the value.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Amazing to get an ocean view in Myrtle Beach for $40 per night. The receptionist was very friendly, helped us find a restaurant with vegan options, even gave us a box of detergent for free to wash our clothes in the coin-operated washing machine. Maybe he did that because the wifi was out that day. Really gorgeous sunrise on an immaculately clean beach just steps from our room. October is a great month for Myrtle Beach.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple