“A Great Time At Myrtle Beach while staying at the Vancouver Motel”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Vancouver Motel

Vancouver Motel
Ranked #49 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Lexington, NC
“A Great Time At Myrtle Beach while staying at the Vancouver Motel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

My three day trip to S. Myrtle Beach was spent at the Vancouver Motel which on their marquee welcomes familes and pets. The Vacouver has three stories of poolside and ocean front units. We stayed in an ocean front, first floor unit. One of our favorite features is the efficiency kitchen! The refrigerator, stove/oven, microwave, sink and utensils allows us to prepare our breakfast and lunch and then for the evening meal we eat out. The table next to the fridge with a leaf is perfect for eating!

Our primary goal is to spend many hours on the beach. It is only a short distance via a sandy path through the dunes. There is an extensive beach area to setup with chairs, umbrella and other beach and ocean equipment. We feel totally comfortable about leaving our chairs and umbrella in place while we take a lunch break and do some relaxing and TV viewing. The TV has EVERY channel that we care to see, numbering in the 300 tier!

We especially like the tile floor that makes it pet friendly! The shih-tzu travels with us and is so happy not to be left in the home area in the kennel. There is a grassy area that she can visit for body needs, but we always bring along a plastic bag and a seashell from the beach for scooping. ALL pet owners who are lucky enough to be accomodated at the beach should do likewise!!

The two double beds in each room have comfortable mattresses, and sleep is great! There are also low cabinents in the room - total of six drawers - which easily accomodate the belongings of 4 guests. There are four lamps to accomodate all the reading needs of guests! I especially like the two leather chairs with table in between placed at the picture window.

The bathroom has nice facilities and is well equipped with a variety of towels and courtesy soap bars.

Every day the cleaning service empties all trash cans, makes the beds and sweeps the floors clean.
The individuals are courteous and helpful.

When you need ice or some other unit assistance or area information, owner Shawn Wertz or his assistants gladly assist you.

The pool is superbly maintained and always has sparkling blue water!

I am happy to offer this evaluation of my recent stay at the Vancouver Motel. My only reservation in doing this evaluation is that many other folks will learn about this motel beach treasure, and I will not always be able to make a reservation when I would like to have one!

Room Tip: I love the ocean units with porch facing the ocean.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Gerald S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
stouffville/ontario/canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Wife and I just returned back from MB, staying at the Vancouver, for 3 nights. From the moment we arrived via Taxi (stopped for essentials on the way in from airport). We were greeted with a friendly smile and a helping hand. Can't say enough about the onsite multi tasker Dan M, who just has a passion for helping folks out. The onsite owner Shawn was also there to help out with numerous request. All the staff were friendly and accommodating. Don't be shy and ask for help, with any question. Thanks to all at the Van. Steve and Michelle

Room Tip: 2nd floor, ocean fronts give the best view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank waver
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

When we 1st checked in Shawn was very nice and accommodating . The parking lot was so small that when two cars parked back to back in the back lot by our room we could not get in so we had to drive over a curb and thru the yard to get to parking or pay for public parking. Upon entering our room my daughter found a bird in the bathroom. We were finally able to catch and remove. In the middle of the night before going to bed my daughter screamed that there was a bug to come kill it. A bug was an understatement. There were cockroaches everywhere, not just a few. My kids freaked out as we moved stuff we just kept seeing more and more. my daughters refused to sleep for fear of bugs crawling on them. I informed them to check for bugs in everything and as it was cleared to start packing. I headed to the office to report and ask for a refund as we were leaving only to find out that they close at ten. I called the emergency number and the manager meet me there promptly but would only give me the money for that night and the balance of my stay. I asked for the other two nights back for the inconvience of packing in the middle of the night, the fact that we had to move to another hotel and go thru all of our belongings before we take them home to make sure they are roach free. His response was that he thought that his offer was fair. He said they have a regular pest control program. I invited him to come to the room and see the roaches for himself and suggested while he was their he could help me wake my 8 year old son and help finish packing since he thought his offer was so fair. Of corse he declined. The good news is the Holiday Sands South was happy to move us right in and without asking for any discounts we received a very, very nice room with all the same amenities. In addition an extra pull out bed, couch,extra bedroom, jacuzzi tub, lazy river, indoor and two outdoor pools, plenty of parking and saved enough money to actually stay another night at the new place if we wanted to but I'm afraid I'm going to use that money to have my attorney contact dear Shawn the owner about his fairness when I arrive home. Extremely disappointed!!!

• Stayed May 2013
6 Thank Miktet
Little Mountain, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

I read all of the reviews for Vancouver Motel before I booked my reservation. To be very honest I was a little skeptical of actually booking a room. Most of the reviews kept repeating how clean the rooms were, but that the staff was very rude. Boy was that wrong! I only needed a place to sleep at night so I went ahead and booked a room. From the moment I first spoke to the desk clerk to book my reservation to the moment we left, the staff went above and beyond. I had told a lady there would be 3 women staying in the room and she advised me of it being bike week. I told her that I knew and that it was fine, we were there for a Hair Show. She told me that she was going to put us in a room close to the maintenance guy that stayed on sight, and told us to not hesitate asking him for anything. When we checked in the desk clerk was very nice. After we settled in our room we relaxed out on the porch where other guest were also hanging out. Dan, the maintenance guy, came over and introduced himself, and told us if we needed anything do not hesitate to ask. The next morning the maids were extremely nice and asked if we had everything we needed and if we needed anything else. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and the rooms were very clean. When we were leaving Dan even helped us carry our luggage out despite the pouring down rain. I highly recommend this place if you are looking for a clean affordable place to stay while you are at the beach.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Crystal M
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

Good location little old but very clean nice comfy beds rooms big and dog friendly right on beach good value for money. If you have dog just take 1st floor you can still see ocean I would stay here again Betty

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank jvozzella
South Mills, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

Not going to sugar-coat it, this place looks run down and dated. That being said, our room was extremely clean, although spartan as all get out. We did not go on vacation to spend a lot of time in our room, so this fit our needs perfectly. We got our room for a great price for 3 nights, single queen pool side. The only negative I had about the room was the closet. Every member of the staff that we encountered was fantastic, service was superb. Despite the fact that this is a pet friendly motel, there was no doggy smell or pet hair anywhere. Even though it was too cool to enjoy, the pool was clean and ready to go. Ice machine is in the office, which could be an issue as they close the office at 10pm. I would probably stay here again in the future. If you want a good value, and minimal amenities, this is the place for you! Spend your vacation money on doing things, not where you lay your head!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
9 Thank AJMartin_NC
Shawn W, Owner at Vancouver Motel, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. What you get here is clean rooms and a place that is kept up and neat at an affordable price. As far as the outside appearance, we just painted the exterior and added a new sign and I think it looks pretty cool. We have also added free wi-fi service to all guest rooms. We can't change the age of the property, were not a highrise resort, what we are is a nice friendly motel steps away from the beach. Again we appreciate the feedback and hope you decide to visit us again.
Burtonsville, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay here. It is an old hotel but the room are clean and I loved tile floors! I found the staff to be very pleasant = especially Mahoney the Maintenance man. We had a small repair issue and Mahoney fixed it promptly and efficiently - and he was very pleasant and fun to talk to. Great view of the ocean and you can't beat the price! We will come again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank p h
Shawn W, Owner at Vancouver Motel, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your stay. We are glad you had an enjoyable time and hope you visit us again. Our entire staff appreciates the positive feedback. We really do care and try to make everyones stay a good one. Thanks again