“Holiday Celebration Lunch”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We were visiting Myrtle Beach for a vacation and stopped in Masala Zone one Monday for lunch, to celebrate Eid Day. I don't know about the a la carte items, but the lunch buffet was delicious. Very fresh, good Indian food. Not a huge buffet, but the food was superb. Fresh naan. Good service, although it was Monday and not very crowded. The nice background music stopped in the middle of lunch and never came back on, which was a bit odd. Delicious.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Despite of being warned by some of my friends, I still had the courage to give it a try.We had chilly chicken,mango lassi,dal makhni and garlic naan. Mango lassi was the only thing that I liked. I had severe food infection in the night due to the chilly chicken which was tasting old and stale.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Masala Zone restaurant on "business 17" in Myrtle Beach serves the "no.1" Indian food from Wilmington, NC down the coast to Georgetown, SC! THAT'S BECAUSE IT IS THE ONLY INDIAN FOOD FROM WILMINGTON TO GEORGETOWN!! To be perfectly fair, I do not claim to be an expert on Indian cuisine but I have eaten and enjoyed this remarkably tasty cuisine in San Francisco and in South Jersey so I am not exactly a neophyte either. Furthermore, in the spirit of fairness, I must say I have only had the buffet here at Masala Zone and nothing a la carte as yet.
The Sunday buffet has had two or three different chicken offerings and usually one of goat and occasionally one of fish along with three or four vegetarian dishes and rice and samosa or the like. Naan is also served with each dinner and it is delicious. The owners/servers/supervisors are as nice and polite and helpful as can be. The atmosphere is a little classier and cleaner than many of the Indian buffet joints I have experienced with clean linen and goblets and nice decor in general.
Personally, I expect at least a couple of dishes to be VERY spicy and I do not like it when they "weaken" the spices in an effort to accomodate the uninitiated or timid palates of the local population. We EXPECT our Indian food to be spicy. Please do not disappoint....... I think the biggest complaint among Indian buffet diners is that the food is often not hot enough and appears to be left over from a previous meal. I have had that same experience here at Masala. Some of the dishes have not been (temperature) hot or spicy hot enough for me. Often times I have had to wait for one or more of the offerings to be replenished, particularly those with meat in them as Americans are prone to scoop up a monstrous portion of the meat as opposed to the East Asians who know that much of the taste and goodness is simply in the broth or gravy enjoyed with the rice and naan. All in all, I must say that I enjoy this restaurant at virtually every visit but there is room for improvement vis a vis food which is hotter in temperature and in spicy taste. It is the only "Indian game" in town but it is well worth the trip if you have a hankering for Indian food or want to be adventurous and see what it is about.
Lastly, I have noticed that the price on the menu for the Sunday buffet is $10. Why my bill is always $13 and change baffles me and I have yet to ask about this mysterious anomaly!

Reviewed July 27, 2014

I'm not Indian but I've lived in NY and NJ so I know what good restaurant quality Indian food and this restaurant is decidedly mediocre. I had a vindaloo dish that was definitely spicy but it was an odd creamy texture and was missing the tang flavor. The onion kulcha was not very flavorful. The rasmalai was average. The tastiest part of my meal was the delicious lassi though it was on the thin side. The owners and waiters there were extremely nice and sociable. I might go for the lunch buffet but I don't think dinner is quite worth it unless they increase the standard of the cuisine.

Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

We just ordered take out . The food was very tasty and good. Would recommend this to anyone who loves indian food. The paneer tikka masala & gobi Manchurian very good .