“Convienience, value, location,relaxing!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
St. Clements Suites
Ranked #85 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed October 8, 2009

The St. Clements hotel is pink and round and the parking is tight but the room #609 was decorated beautifully with a king size bed in one room and a full in the other. We had a great view from the balcony and the hotel was about two miles from many great restaurants. (Carrabbas, Outback, Cheeseburger in paradise all within walking distance.) And close to shops and golf as well. The "caravelle resort" is made up of four or five hotels so we could use any of the 8 or so pools and hot tubs and lazy river. There are bars and small shops on the property as well. We loved it!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank DavidSpringfieldVA

Reviewed September 30, 2009

My niece and I recently traveled 4 hours to spend one night at the St. Clements, and it was well worth the distance. It's the perfect retreat for a Girls' Weekend - quaint, clean, and secure. We love the big balcony, and the separate bedroom is great when you have more than one person. I've had a different unit each time I've stayed here, and they've all been nice. I have two more Myrtle Beach trips planned before the end of the year, and I'll be staying at the St. Clements both times. I have also stayed at the Caravelle Resort Hotel, and it's very nice as well, but I really love the St. Clements' uniqueness!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 26, 2009

We have spent the past nine years staying at resort properties in and around St Clements, including Long Bay and Ocean Reef which are virtually next door. We thought that this would be a neat place to stay for five days without the kids, as we have admired the look of the place from our balconies at Long Bay and Ocean Reef.

We checked in last night across the street (something that when it is raining is hard to see or figure out) and then found a parking spot right near the door to unload. Robbed a buscart from the Caravelle - none here. We are staying in Room 308 - a nice but not full view of the ocean, with a 3/4 view of the main Caravelle building. The room was much smaller that what I had expected - the online videos are deceiving. This unit shows its age - peeling wallpaper, ceiling tiles drooping, rust on the stove... and the list goes on. I know they're individually owned, so I wasn't expecting new - but well cared for based on the outside appearance was expected. For the money, I'd have been happier returning to Long Bay, but it isn't bad, just didn't meet my preconceived notions about what it was. There is a pretty large parking garage in the basement that no-one uses - handy for when it is raining. The elevators are slow, and one hasn't operated since last night. Units are quiet - no noise from next door, so we did sleep well last night to the sounds of the water. No ice machine that I have found without having to trek next door to the Caravelle - not a big deal. (2nd floor of the Caravelle if you're wondering) Wi-Fi works well - huge antenna mounted down below at the Caravelle. Very close to the beach and very convenient beach access - a great place to shack up for several days if you don't care about amenities or plan to have guests. Lighting is poorly laid out and some don't work or are disconnected. Nice TVs, inoperative remotes. Very low ceilings like a mobile home - about 7.5 ft would be my guess.

Would I recommend it or stay again? Doubt it. Keep shopping - Long Bay offered better rooms for the same price, and there are a lot of accomodation choices this time of the year! Hope this has been helpful. I try to post the facts with nominal opinion, as I find these reviews helpful to us when traveling. Cheers- Keith

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Keith M
Reviewed September 9, 2009

I stayed in room 508 with my wife and child. My 3 year old son went into the guest room and tried to turn on the television. He used the dresser to hoist himself up which caused it and the very heavy tv to fall onto him. The dresser pinned him against the bed and the tv landed on his head. We were lucky the guest bed was so close or this could have severely injured him, instead he ended up with a big bruise on his head. I noticed that there was a round smudge that was left on the tv after this. Sadly, I recognized the smudge, it was very similar to the smudge that was on the tv when we first walked into the place. Apparently this had happened before and they didn't even bother cleaning the tv. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that a hotel should have their dressers fastened to the walls. Especially since the their was a large tv on it. I left a message with the hotel manager about the incident and they never responded. They sent me an email after my trip asking me how my stay was. I told them about what happened but still got no response. Obviously, St. Clements (and the parent hot The Caravelle) don't really care about your children's safety.
Oh and the free WIFI is a joke.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gabesadvisor
Reviewed September 8, 2009

We had a great time at the resort. We stayed at the St. Clements condos and loved being right on the beach with a great oceanfront condo. The only problem we had was having to wait 5 hours for towels.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2009

After reading quite a few negative, very critical reviews I was really afraid I had made a big mistake in booking at this resort. My daughters and grandsons, ages 5 and 15 months took our first gramma/daughters/grandson vacation and left the daddies and grampa home. The staff was more than friendly! We stayed at St. Clements and NEVER had to wait for an elevator. We heard that there was always a wait at the main building, but we never experienced that. We were on the first floor, had a separate bedroom which was great for getting the boys to bed so we could have some "girl" time. We were close to the beach, couldn't have been more convenient. The playground at the pool was very entertaining for the boys, the 15 month old felt very comfortable moving around in the water playground area. The 5-year old enjoyed the lazy river, the "big kids' " pool and hot tub. Considering I didn't book our reservation sooner (booked the first part of June) I was amazed at the accommodations we had. I couldn't have been more pleased. Parking at St. Clements is tight if you don't have a small vehicle which we didn't. That's trivial though since we never had to park across the street due to no parking spaces being available at St. Clements. We found a leak under the bathroom sink right after we checked in to our room and called for maintenance to come fix it. It wasn't 5 minutes before we had someone arrive to fix it. That surprised me since we were told upon checking in that the resort was completely booked. The kitchen counter area is very small. We had to place the dishes in the dish drainer on the bathroom counter to dry because there was no room on the kitchen counter. That would be my only complaint about the room. I worried for nothing!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2009

There are 5 or six buildings that make up the Caravelle resort and we stayed in the St. Clements building, the staff were friendly and helpful. The room was clean and nicely furnished with a great view! The restaurant was good but there are soo many restaurants within a mile of the resort that every one can find exactly what they want.We will be going back in july and will stay in the same building again.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple