“Private Rentals are excellent”

We can't find prices for this hotel
St. Clements Suites
Ranked #85 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed June 19, 2013

This place is beautiful. I was not too impressed with the housekeeping/condition of the rooms owned by the hotel next door, but you CAN'T beat the ocean view.. and if you are fortunate enough to rent from a private owner in this building, you will not be dissapointed. I love this place. When I buy a condo for myself.. it will be here.

Room Tip: Rent the privately owned rooms if possible!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Linda Y

Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for a week at the St Clements. What a pleasure to be able to see the ocean right from our front room and balcony. Staff was courteous and professional. Rates were reasonable and we had an all around pleasurable experience. Definitely coming back !

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Andrewj495
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Having not had a vacation in 8 years and 3 children under the age of 6, I found my stay to be good. We stayed in St Clements an older building with an ocean view - very pink in and out. The parking was tight b/c it was an older building, but we made it work...likewise with our room, but what do you expect from an efficiency. 3 adults and 3 kids fit, but just barely, but what do you expect for the price and all you really need to do here is sleep since your here for the beach, right? We had a queen bed, a pull out couch and a drop down queen bed, two tv's and kitchenette. It met our needs as a family. The pools were nice since you could go to any of them on the resort. We only ran into two problems - the fridge died and then condensation built up and dripped on our head sin the kitchen. Maintenance came up FAST both times to fix these problems, which let's be honest, could happen to anyone at anytime. I did lose some food I had brought along, but management credited us some money to use at there restaurants to make up for it so that was nice. I never once saw a creepy bug or felt unsafe at the hotel or at the beach in front of the hotel. It was also nice that the beach entrance was right in front of the entrance to St. Clements and life guards were on duty during the day.

I will recommend this place to our friends who want to save money cooking themselves b/c the kitchenette was great...with small appliances, clean dishes, etc. which I brought b/c I thought we needed, but DO NOT drive a HUGE suv or truck or your gonna be parking in the garage down the street and walking. The pillar supporting the building kind of make it an obstacle course for your car. This area as well is quiet and family friendly. If you want to get where the action is your gonna have to drive 15 - 20 min. There is food close by and groceries, but malls and entertainment is a drive away, which is good b/c it's quiet!

Room Tip: Ocean FRONT not Ocean view!!! WE did have cell problems, but Wi-Fi was fine. Probably b/c the hotel...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the St. Clements. I really enjoyed our stay there. The room was very clean and it looked exactly like the picture's online. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was great, it was very close to everything. I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and family.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Krista M
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Excellent facilities, close to the beach. Excellent parking for the small car I had rented. I stayed for 6 nights and enjoyed the hotel room very much. The pool was small but not busy. I also used the pool at the neighboring Caravelle hotel. Beach access was a simple walk out the door.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank eotdevice
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I graduated from college on May 9th and went down to the beach right after! We stayed until Sunday the 12th. The hotel we usually stay at did not have any ocean view rooms available, so the Caravelle was recommended to us. When we arrived it was late at night, but our view still seemed more of a "view" than "front". We called to ask if we could be moved further to the middle of the St. Clements building, or higher up. We were given a new room right in the middle 4 floors up! It was a wonderful trip and we will be going here again soon!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lauren M
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The weather was cool and cloudy but it made no difference to us. Staying at St. Clements, we had one of the greatest views of the ocean on the entire beach. Our health issues keep us from going to the ocean so the view from the room is most important to us. The reservation representative took a personal and caring interest in assuring that our special needs were met. Our many thanks to Darby. The room was clean and comfortable. The parking in the lower level was ultra convenient, just a few feet from the elevator. In over 50 years of coming to Myrtle Beach, our treatment at Caravelle is among the best.

Room Tip: At St. Clements, the center rooms give the best view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple