“THE FOOD MAKES YOU WANT TO SAY OLE!”
Review of Abuelo's

Abuelo's
Ranked #44 of 880 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Real Mexican food is a feast for the senses. From colorful peppers to the sounds of sizzling fajitas all the way to that incredible flavor. Each mouthful is just as much a result of the freshest ingredients as it is a result of the chef's expertise. Abuelo's offers diners the opportunity to experience real Mexican food, combining authentic, made from scratch classic dishes with the rich, subtle flavors of coastal and interior Mexican cuisine. Our executive Chef Luis Sanchez has spent decades perfecting our menu, and we boast a wide selection of wood-grilled fajitas, enchiladas, tacos, chile rellenos or Abuelo's unique House Specialties (depending on your location). To compliment your meal, our expert bartenders are masters at crafting signature favorites, including a wide variety of margaritas and swirls. Whatever the occasion, we'll stop at nothing to make your time at Abuelo's a memorable dining experience.
Conway, South Carolina
“THE FOOD MAKES YOU WANT TO SAY OLE!”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

It has been too long since we have been to Abuolo's Mexican Food Embassy. We decided to have dinner there this evening, and we were Not disapointed. The Bride had a big platter with five enchiladas including spinach, cheese, chicken with a chili relano, chichen taco, chili lime rice and refrained beans. I had a beef taco alongside four enchiladas, chili relano, chili lime rice and their potato casserole. Our waitress Alyssa, was friendly, accurate and prompt. Her friendliness helped make our dinner a wonderful experience. We have to go back more often, and try Abuelo's during Happy Hour or their new Tapas menu.

Chesapeake, Virginia
“Service was lacking this visit”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I have visited Abuelos in other locations, and the food quality matched what I had before, which was good. This was the first visit to the Myrtle Beach location. The server was very friendly, but after he took our order, never checked on us again until we were almost finished with our meal, and had empty beverage glasses for a while. Maybe it was a bad night??

1 Thank sonofjs
Houston, Texas
“Great Mexican on Myrtle Beach”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

There was nothing to dislike about this place. Abuelo's is located on highway 17, away from the strip and near a mall. The place was packed, but our wait was less than 20 minutes. The service was awesome, and the food was good and hot. Our waitress was very attentive and recommended dishes since this was our first visit. The food is reasonably priced and there are a lot of selections on the menu. This restaurant is worth a visit if you want good Mexican food.

Visited July 2014
“Service was wonderful!”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Server was very good! Best service we have had in a long time! Food is always good here except the fajitas portion is small for the price meat is dry and one strip of green pepper one strip of red pepper onions were burnt to the platter. This is second time I've tried fajItas and same experience both times. Everything else I've ever had here is awesome. Love the variety of salsa!

• Visited July 2014
“Good food, great atmosphere!”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We were down in the southern part of MB and thought we'd check out a restaurant that we had never seen before! Reviews that my husband read seemed to be fairly good and we are glad we followed them.

Let me start by saying this is the "hottest" food I've ever been served!!! Let that be a warning and a blessing! The warning - is don't burn your tongue - the blessing is - your food will stay hot or warm through out the entire meal! When they say the "plate is hot"- they mean it here!!! I ordered the chicken chimichanga and it was fantastic!!!! I had to make sure I ate it all, because I couldn't take it to go... but I couldn't eat any of the sides! Simply because I filled up on chips and salsa before the food arrived. I don't usually do that, but they have this amazing sweet green salsa!!! It is so good! I can't imagine anyone that would like it - even my kids loved it!!!

So all in all - if we see another one in our future - we are sure to go back!!!

Visited July 2014