“Good Food/Ambiance”
Review of Abuelo's

Abuelo's
Ranked #50 of 893 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Real Mexican food is a feast for the senses. From colorful peppers to the sounds of sizzling fajitas all the way to that incredible flavor. Each mouthful is just as much a result of the freshest ingredients as it is a result of the chef's expertise. Abuelo's offers diners the opportunity to experience real Mexican food, combining authentic, made from scratch classic dishes with the rich, subtle flavors of coastal and interior Mexican cuisine. Our executive Chef Luis Sanchez has spent decades perfecting our menu, and we boast a wide selection of wood-grilled fajitas, enchiladas, tacos, chile rellenos or Abuelo's unique House Specialties (depending on your location). To compliment your meal, our expert bartenders are masters at crafting signature favorites, including a wide variety of margaritas and swirls. Whatever the occasion, we'll stop at nothing to make your time at Abuelo's a memorable dining experience.
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Good Food/Ambiance”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We were in the mood for Mexican food today so we decided on lunch at Abuelo's. This was our first time there and it looked very nice from the outside, We have been fooled before by the "Not all that glitters is gold" surprise. But this place was as good as it seemed from the outside,

Our server was available and efficient. The food arrived at our table in a timely way. The food was very good. And the price was about right. I had the soup and salad item off the lunch menu with shredded chicken. The chicken tortilla soup was very good and had a subtle kick that made it interesting. The salad, however, was surprisingly delicious. Every component of the salad was individually excellent. Needless to say I recommend it. My wife had the enchilada and taco combination. She thoroughly enjoyed it - especially the enchilada. Definitely a do again.

1 Thank Bob F

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Awesome food and atmosphere”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We LOVE Abuelo's, and try to get there as often as possible when we are in Myrtle Beach, even though it is a good ways away from where we stay. The chips are so think and crisp, and you get three different sauces with them, including a green sauce. The menu has offerings that are different from most Mexican restaurants, and the grilled chicken with zucchini is great. The service has always been good. Bottom line - one of our all-time favorite restaurants.

West Columbia, South Carolina
“DELICIOUS!!”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Our entire family went there on New Year's Eve and everyone thoroughly enjoyed it. It was our first trip to that restaurant and we were in for a treat! Everything was great...The server was fantastic...our drinks were never empty and that is a plus to me. Everyone ordered something different and everyone said they loved what they got, so for 8 people to say that...it had to be great! It is not that high priced either and if you call them they have call ahead seating and that is a plus if you go on a busy night{which we did} and we did not have to wait at all when we went in the door, they were there waiting for us. I would recommend that you at least try them out .

New York City, New York
“Great Portion, Great Service, Great Restaurant”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Abuelo's is probably one of the best Mexican restaurants I have ever been to. The baked nacho chips and the 4 different kinds of salsa of various spice were given to us after we ordered, and they were quite excellent. I ordered the 4 enchiladas: carnitas, chicken, avocado and shredded beef (for only $11.99, it was a bargain). The chicken and carnitas were delicious, but the shredded beef was a bit too salty. The enchiladas along with the two sides that came with them were enough to fill me up (I'm a big eater), and I left the restaurant satisfied.

The atmosphere of the restaurant was friendly, bright and suitable for families or friends. The service was also prompt and courteous. I definitely recommend this place if you're visiting Myrtle Beach and are looking for some tasty Mexican dishes.

• Visited December 2013
Stoneville
“Good food better service”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

To me a restaurant should provide good service, have proper tasting food, be clean, and priced accordingly. Abuelo’s serves salsa like I’ve never experienced – 3 different types from mild to extremely hot. They provide excellent service quick, friendly, and pleasant. Our beverage was replenished often without having to ask for refills. Our meal was properly cooked and served at the correct temperature. Prices were competitive without trying to make all their money on one table. I would recommend this place to anyone, and for any occasion. Will I come back? You bet I will.

• Visited December 2013