“The best!!!!!”
Review of Abuelo's

Abuelo's
Ranked #94 of 930 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Real Mexican food is a feast for the senses. From colorful peppers to the sounds of sizzling fajitas all the way to that incredible flavor. Each mouthful is just as much a result of the freshest ingredients as it is a result of the chef's expertise. Abuelo's offers diners the opportunity to experience real Mexican food, combining authentic, made from scratch classic dishes with the rich, subtle flavors of coastal and interior Mexican cuisine. Our executive Chef Luis Sanchez has spent decades perfecting our menu, and we boast a wide selection of wood-grilled fajitas, enchiladas, tacos, chile rellenos or Abuelo's unique House Specialties (depending on your location). To compliment your meal, our expert bartenders are masters at crafting signature favorites, including a wide variety of margaritas and swirls. Whatever the occasion, we'll stop at nothing to make your time at Abuelo's a memorable dining experience.
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We found this place when we were going to try another new Mexican Restaurant and a review said to save your money and go here. Well..... we ate her two times in one week and were sad to leave each time.

Cons- Priced very reasonable. (Food items) Free chips and 4 kinds of salsa unlimited. Manager came around each time to see how everything was. Servers were friendly and knowledgable and recommended things. They also have call ahead seating!

Cons-Happy Hour is only at the bar. The first time we were there we did not know this and were already seated so we didnt want to move.

If you like Mexican- try this place!!

Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

We both enjoyed the Juarez platter but the mojitos were very weak. Waiter Dave was very attentive. Beautiful space.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Clean friendly restaurant. Get the pork tenderloin that has a habanero and honey glaze! Not too hot and one of the best Mexican meal that I ever had.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Dining at Abuelo's has always been a highlight of our Myrtle Beach vacations. We didn't make it there last year, so I was anxious to visit last week while we were in MB. The decor is beautiful....always enjoy the atmosphere at Abuelo's. My husband had a frozen margarita and said it was probably the best he's ever had. I was jealous....and wished I had ordered one as well. Our dinners were fine....no complaints. They just weren't as good as I remembered from past visits. Would I go back? Of course I would!! I love it there....maybe it was just an off night.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

My enchiladas were tasty, the nachos home-made, good tortilla soup, the atmosphere kind of festive. The menu offers a very large choice of dishes, with prices for lunch and for dinner in some cases. Cocktails available. The decor reflects muralist Diego Rivera's work, and features large murals, a few paintings and Spanish ceramic accents here and there. This is a growing chain of restaurants that started in Lubbock, Texas. Diners with delicate throats, best to check with the waiter on any spicy dishes or sauces.