“Good food and service”
Review of Abuelo's

Abuelo's
Ranked #53 of 894 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Real Mexican food is a feast for the senses. From colorful peppers to the sounds of sizzling fajitas all the way to that incredible flavor. Each mouthful is just as much a result of the freshest ingredients as it is a result of the chef's expertise. Abuelo's offers diners the opportunity to experience real Mexican food, combining authentic, made from scratch classic dishes with the rich, subtle flavors of coastal and interior Mexican cuisine. Our executive Chef Luis Sanchez has spent decades perfecting our menu, and we boast a wide selection of wood-grilled fajitas, enchiladas, tacos, chile rellenos or Abuelo's unique House Specialties (depending on your location). To compliment your meal, our expert bartenders are masters at crafting signature favorites, including a wide variety of margaritas and swirls. Whatever the occasion, we'll stop at nothing to make your time at Abuelo's a memorable dining experience.
Reston, VA
“Good food and service”
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I ate at the bar and didn't even order an alcoholic beverage, but received good service from the staff overall and not necessarily just the person who took my order. The food was pretty good although I am not a Mexican food expert. I do eat Mexican a lot though, so I have that experience. It was not too spicy if that's an issue for you. The location is not exciting being in a mall parking lot but the inside atmosphere is vibrant and busy. If you are craving Mexican, this might be the best one in MB.

Visited June 2013

Lake Stevens, Washington
“Great Food, Atmosphere and Service”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

The food was amazing and enjoyed by my husband down to my one year old. We loved having the three types of salsas (our favorite was the pineapple tomatillo). Service was excellent.

Visited July 2013
Muncie, Indiana
“Slipping”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

While this chain packs them in, our experience this year was average at best. Our server was just not in sync. We got there for our reservation and were seated immediately. The server was initially attentive but slipped as the meal went on. We ordered queso dips as an apetizer but we were out of chips when they arrived at the table. By the time he brought more the dips were cold and had to be reheated. Our drinks were regularly empty and we had to ask for refills which is a tell-tale sign your server is clueless. Our orders arrived and both my wife's and daughters were wrong. By this time we were just too numb to send them back. Overall it wasn't horrible, just not very good. For a table of 8 it was $150 with tip. I'd suggest trying a local Mexican restaurant instead. We will next year.

• Visited July 2013
“good place and good service”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

good food and service. Good place for family and friends. True Mexican American place. The atmosphere is nice, and the service is pretty good.

• Visited July 2013
California, Maryland
“The yummiest Mexican I've ever had.”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I love this place the food is great, the atmosphere is nice, and the service is pretty good. I've been on two separate occasions 9 months apart and both times it was good.

• Visited May 2013