“Wonderful Mexican!”
Review of Abuelo's

Abuelo's
Ranked #45 of 886 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Real Mexican food is a feast for the senses. From colorful peppers to the sounds of sizzling fajitas all the way to that incredible flavor. Each mouthful is just as much a result of the freshest ingredients as it is a result of the chef's expertise. Abuelo's offers diners the opportunity to experience real Mexican food, combining authentic, made from scratch classic dishes with the rich, subtle flavors of coastal and interior Mexican cuisine. Our executive Chef Luis Sanchez has spent decades perfecting our menu, and we boast a wide selection of wood-grilled fajitas, enchiladas, tacos, chile rellenos or Abuelo's unique House Specialties (depending on your location). To compliment your meal, our expert bartenders are masters at crafting signature favorites, including a wide variety of margaritas and swirls. Whatever the occasion, we'll stop at nothing to make your time at Abuelo's a memorable dining experience.
Boonville, Missouri
“Wonderful Mexican!”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

When I lived in Myrtle Beach, Abuelo's was one of my regular haunts. Now, the closest Abuelo's is 2 hours away from me. During this trip back to MB, I knew I would be eating at Abuelo's at least once. While they didn't remember how to make my "special" taco salad with the Diablo sauce, it was perfect once I told them what I wanted! I'm sorry to have missed saying "hi" to the manager while I was there - maybe next time!

Visited October 2012

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Abuelo's Mexican in Turkey Creek, Knoxville, TN”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My family and I have frequented this restaurant several times. I think it is one of the best places for Mexican food there is in our area. We had only gone there a couple of times with weeks between our visit and the waitress we had at our first visit recognized us and knew what we had to drink from our last visit AND what we ate! She was an amazing waitress. Since then she has advanced to assistant manager. So, we had another girl the next visit who told us she was trained by this first waitress and she was equally as attentive as the first! The service here is " top notch".
Now the food! Best chips and dips in town. Not just one dip with the best crispest chips ever, but you get three! One is a pineapple dip that is so tasty. Just try it! The food is always hot and so good and huge servings. The atmosphere is so pleasant. The hostess/host will try their best to set you where you want to sit so you enjoy your time there. The restaurant does not have loud music which is a plus for us. Nice pleasant music.
It's just a great place to eat in Turkey Creek.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Nancy M
Williamsburg, VA
“Very Good Mexican, and Great Tres Leches”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This Mexican restaurant features a large varied menu of very good dishes in a very pleasant setting. They seem to do a lot with bacon-wrapped steak and shrimp entrees as well as the more traditional Mexican and Tex-Mex foods. While the food was very good, we did find that it was quite salty. The highlight was the tres leches cake dessert --- outstanding! Service was Excellent --- very attentive and accommodating. Value was good.

• Visited October 2012
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Wonderful meal and service!”
Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Have dined here many times and the food and the service are always consistently excellent! The waitress/waiter is always engaging and even suggest different options to make each dining experience. I spilled salsa on my shirt on this visit and they gave me a Shout wipe to clean it! Best of all, no "Speedy Ganzales" on the menu!

Stanfield
“Best Mexican food in the Carolinas!”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

If you like authentic Mexican food served piping hot, go to this restaruant. It is consistent in service and food quality. Also near the major mall in Myrtle Beach. We love it. The three
salsas were new to us since last visiting in April, 2012, and taste great.

• Visited September 2012