Riptide Beach Club
$256
Hilton.com
  • Beachfront
Dunes Village Resort(Myrtle Beach)
$254
$229
$289
$179
Grande Shores Ocean Resort(Myrtle Beach)
$259
Coral Beach Resort & Suites(Myrtle Beach)
$295
$274
Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)
$265
Official Site
  • Pool
The Caravelle Resort(Myrtle Beach)
$219
  • Pool
Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)
$249
All reviewsbeach condoactivities directoractivities roomstory parking garageolder resortresort staffwithin walking distanceview of the oceaneach morningwould definitely stay here againbike weekoff seasontimesharebroadwayvacationbalconypools
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Our unit was beautifully furnished with brand new furniture so I don't quite understand some of the other reviews unless there was a recent overhaul between their reviews and our stay. There were cameras in the common areas, hallways and stairs which I found comforting. Being right on the beach and able to see our room, my 'tween' could come and go from the room and I didn't worry. The staff was extremely helpful with information on area information and directions. Sometimes you check in to a resort and the staff isn't even from the same state. I would definitely recommend this location to family and friends.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank Leslie K
Reviewed June 6, 2011

The buildings are right on the beach---we stayed in Riptide II, Building D, in D-16 in an ocean front condo. The bedroom had a picture window with a spectacular view of the ocean. There was also a balcony where you can sit and enjoy the ocean breeze and view. The parking is limited but there is a 7 story parking garage across the street where you can park. the building is only 5 stories so no waiting for elevators.
We had fresh towels every morning and the garbage was taken each morning.
There is a laundry room on the first floor---$1.00/washer; $.75/dryer.
Two good places to eat within walking distance were The Sea Captain's House & Spring House.
Remember you're at the beach---condo slightly dated but met our needs.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
11  Thank TulsanTulsa
Reviewed May 17, 2011

My wife and I stayed in a Town House overlooking a small courtyard in front of the office. The kitchen window opened to a view of the city street and the sidewalk was directly outside. As we entered the unit we noticed a foul order throughout the townhouse which we thought was pesticide. The smell persisted and it was probably sewer gas. The unit was large with dated uncomfortable furniture and the ambience was similiar to an old run down trailer. The bathroom floors were dirty, the top of the fridge has never been cleaned and when I tried to open the kitchen window to air out the unit it was covered in dirt and dead bugs. The only good thing about this place is the beach! They have two pools one unheated and one heated which looks like it has never been cleaned. I also noticed the caretaker pouring in bicarbonate of soda into the hot tub in lieu of proper chemicals and cleaning agents. This place was a disgrace! In over 40 years of travelling this is without a doubt the worst place I have ever stayed making camping look good. This is an RCI site and it should be removed from RCI since it is a dump.

Room Tip: Stay down the road at Compass Cove
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank panamaniacs
Reviewed December 28, 2010

I have been going to Riptide since I was 1 and I am now 30. My parents have 3 weeks here and we have went the same time every year so I have watched the same people grow up with me. This is an older place Iwill admit, but this place holds so much value that it hurts to see people downing this place. I wish these people would know how to talk to the people that work there cause they have always been nothing but helpful. They know my brothers and me by name or better yet we are Dennie Whitts kids. I just want everone to know that this place HAS been fixed up and u will nothing but a good time if u stay here, the games and places u go with your kids and the things the office gets for u to have a better vacatin in great! I highly recomend this place to anyone looking to have some good family fun without the hassel of it being to crowded,or to much money.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank NancyWalker
Reviewed August 12, 2010

Riptide 1 is an older motel turned timeshare in the 80's. It is RIGHT on the beach, and only a few blocks to Broadway at the Beach, as well as a short walk to the new downtown boardwalk. The staff is very attentive, and very friendly. We had two units. One was small and very dark, with no balcony or view of the beach, however we knew this before going. We had adequate room, brand new sleeper sofa, and bed. The bed however, was terribly hard and uncomfortable (a common complaint here for YEARS). We had a larger corner unit, also without a view or balcony, but much bigger and brighter. Accommodations were just fine! The pools are small, but they were very clean and well maintained while we were there. The beach is so close you can run back and forth for lunch, bathroom, etc. There are two gas grills for your use, pool towels for exchange daily, and room towels refreshed each day. Maid service is only once a week, but if you need them, they are there lickity split. I requested my room be vacuumed and they asked me every day if I wanted them to come back and do it.
Parking is across the street, which isn't bad, except in 100 degree heat..which unfortunately we experienced. Lets face it we all need to walk a little more anyhow!
We stay usually at Wyndham resorts in Myrtle Beach, and have owned at Riptide for years. I had not been in years, but can honestly say I really enjoyed the stay. Had 5 kids ages 11-17 with us. The 17 year old was less than impressed, but the others had a blast, and have asked to go back. They LOVED the proximity to the beach and boardwalk! I agree with those that say some people cannot be happy with anything. It is not a 5 star resort, so don't go there expecting one, and enjoy what the area has to offer!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family