“Simply wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Sea Horn Motel
Ranked #109 of 218 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Simply wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

My first time staying there. Rooms were spacious and clean. They even wash the comforters which I know a lot of motels don't. Great balcony view. Great vacation motel.
I had left a pair of designer sunglasses there and they mailed it to me!!! Just received it a few days with all the other junk I left and everything was untouched!! Such honesty is unbelievable. First time staying there but will definitely not be my last.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Kaye35

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Anderson,South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

We found this gem a couple years back when another hotel fell through. I have to say this has a awesome location and a great price. They are very easy to work with and they work hard to keep the rooms clean.

I walk in and smell clorox and clean I know I am in the right place. It may look a bit dated and rough around the edges but they are clean and very friendly staff.

These types of family owned and ran hotels are a dying breed. I have been to newer hotels that were nasty!! The only 2 gripes was the last day the elevator had a urine smell and DHEC shut the pools down for a couple of hours due to high PH. Which was just a chemical imbalance not because pool was dirty it was clean all week.

But overall it was a pleasant stay and I did not report elevator smell I am sure they would of addressed it if I would of they are willing to please. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank necrosys
Kingsport, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We found the Sea Horn after our reservation at another motel was unexpectedly cancelled. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel has an indoor and outdoor pool and hot tub that were well maintained. The building needs some painting an updates. We were always able to find parking on the same side of the street as the hotel. The location was good because you are away from the crowds on the far south end of the beach. The price was $20-$50 cheaper a night than other hotels. Chairs were available around the pool in in the lawn area in front of the hotel. A charcoal grill and picnic table was also available for use. Rooms were clean.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank 335AngelaL335
Mount Airy, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

The pluses of this motel are the pool area and beach access and that it is out of the busy, crowded area of Myrtle Beach. It's proximity to Myrtle Commons and the cost were the reasons for our booking this motel. The room we stayed in was clean although the carpet was stained. We had to have the door lock replaced and also the exhaust fan in the bathroom replaced during our stay, but the staff was very accommodating and made the repairs very quickly. As with many of the older motels on the beach, the humidity caused the tile in the bathroom to sweat and stay wet. The bathroom was so small and the exhaust fan was not efficient enough to remove the moisture and I never felt dry. I would suggest to the management that they upgrade their linens as the fitted sheets came loose from the mattress and the towels were very small and thin. If you are looking for the "old Myrtle Beach experience" you will not be disappointed here; however if you are a creature of comfort I suggest you pay a little more and look elsewhere.

Room Tip: We stayed in the older building - perhaps the newer building would be better.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Kaye N
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Stay was great, we had two rooms side by side with family on the 2nd floor 212 & 214 Our housekeeper was Ashley, she was very friendly and my little ones loved her. Rooms were a bit outdated, only one pool overall it was pleasant.

• Stayed July 2013
Holly Hill, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I have stayed at the Sea Horn twice and both times it was a very pleasant experience. It's a great little family run motel and all of the staff were very friendly. The rooms are not real fancy but the are very clean. They have an indoor pool (which is nice in the cooler months), outdoor pool and 2 spas and all of them were also very clean. I will definitely being staying with them again in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
7 Thank Car0linaGirl72
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I first stayed here at the Sea Horn in early spring last year and it was just a hotel we pulled into that was not full. This location turned into a place where me and my family will be staying a long as they will have us. The beach access was great. The children absolutely loved it. The rooms were very accomodating. I just recommend if anyone is looking for a family friendly place to stay this is it.

Room Tip: If there is a family of four or more traveling I recommend the two bedroom and they are usually ocea...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family