WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #144 of 216 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Place of fun and love”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

I first stayed here at the Sea Horn in early spring last year and it was just a hotel we pulled into that was not full. This location turned into a place where me and my family will be staying a long as they will have us. The beach access was great. The children absolutely loved it. The rooms were very accomodating. I just recommend if anyone is looking for a family friendly place to stay this is it.

Room Tip: If there is a family of four or more traveling I recommend the two bedroom and they are usually ocea...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Talayrius Lovel... P

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Ingalls, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

I have been visiting the Sea Horn for over 20 years, I have only had 5 of those years that I did not stay there as my vacation motel. The owners and their kids treat us like family and we have seen the many changes to to the buildings and pool area's that have happened, and we have endured the almost sale of the motel to private investors, We are thankful that the motel is still open and hope that we can enjoy many more years of vacation at this spot, Our son, who is 14 knows the building and area well, it has a Life Guard stand right in front of the building and is within walking distance to the pier and all the water sports toys, It also is next to a larger hotel that has a restraunt on the North end of the building that has a cheap but very good breakfast and the Pier has an ice cream shop, and then just on the other side of the pier is Damon's with oceanfront dining, There is ample parking, there is an overflow lot across the street, which is the best place to park if you dont drive everywhere, They have laundry and and vending area, The 2 pools each have deep ends and the 2 hot tubs are kept clean with nightly cleanings, There are lounge areas outside the pool area for those just looking to lay out and not take up chairs in the pool area. Also they have a couple of grills and picnic tables to use to cook out. Ocean front rooms are great, the biggest 2 bedroom suite can sleep a total of 10 if using the fold out sofa.. The Motel does not rent to party'ers, they prefer to be known as a family motel. They do not allow for pets, and they do not currently have a wifi, both of which I would like to see, but all in all, its a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Your going to the ocean for vacation, enjoy the ocean front view.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
10 Thank JRBowman
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

This is a great family-run hotel with very friendly owners/staff. Very reasonably priced and great value for money. It's a no-frills, older hotel, and the elevator needs a refurb, but small things like this can be overlooked when you have clean rooms with great views of the ocean. We paid the extra $5 for an ocean-front room with balcony and we loved having the door open listening to the waves crashing on to the beach. The rooms are equipped with a small kitchen containing a large fridge, microwave and cooker so you can be easily self-sufficient.

2 pools (one indoor and one outdoor), 2 spas - all very clean.

A great motel and we hope to visit again.

The outdoor pool was very clean and well kept.

Room Tip: Ocean-front room with balcony was a fabulous choice
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank RogDee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Rude wants to start trouble beware checked in at 8:20 stayed an hour were asked to check out because our dog was in the van and were called a liar and charged $50 bacause they said the dog had been in the room and when confronted got in my face trying to fight. Said the $50 was to baum the room sister stayoing across the hall said it never happened. Rooms are nasty and in need of repair furniture was old and out dated. Military and pet unfriendly

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank Armyssg64

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Atlantic City, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

My husband, son and I spent 5 days at the Sea Horn after my sister-in-law recommended it to us. We stayed in a beachfront efficiency room on the 9th floor. We had a beautiful view of the ocean and had our morning coffee and cereal sitting on the balcony.
This is an older hotel with few frills but it was exceptionally clean. I had no problem walking around the unit without shoes and it seems like the bed spreads are washed after each person's stay as I saw bedspreads on the floor outside neighboring units twice during our stay while rooms were being cleaned. The frig., stove and drawers and cabinets were all clean and there were no old food odors. The cabinets were stocked with bowls,plates,cups and mugs. Utensils were also provided along with a plastic pitcher and a large serving spoon, knife and spatula.A coffee maker is also available in the unit.
The outdoor pool was very clean and well kept. The grounds around the pool and beach were cared for regularly. We had rain a few days and were happy to use the heated indoor pool and hot tub. I did note a few drips from the windows/roof above the indoor pool.
We are already planning our stay for next year.

Room Tip: I'm glad we spent the little extra for an oceanfront room instead of an oceanview room. Being u...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank norfinam
Laurinburg, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

My first stay was a spur-of-the-moment two night weekend stay. There were no rooms available where I usually stay. I found The Sea Horn online and it had good reviews so I thought I'ld give them a call. I live two hours away, but the lady I spoke with assured me there would be rooms when I got there...to come on down. If you want a clean, quiet basic motel room that's reasonably priced, this is the place for you. My only complaint is that the elevator is VERY slow.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank mematosix
Advance, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

My husband and I always stay at the Sea Horn Motel. It is clean and the staff are very friendly. It is very convenient to get to the beach from the motel. It is not a fancy resort, but it is very practical and comfortable, and the price is very reasonable. Amenities are not that great, but I only go to the beach for peace and quiet, and rest and relaxation...and at the Sea Horn that is exactly what you get. No parties, no alcohol, and a very respectful family atmosphere.

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms are nice, but the ocean view rooms have more room and the view is just as nice.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family