“Myrtle Beach vacation” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #140 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
London, Kentucky
“Myrtle Beach vacation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

My family, friends and I have been staying at this hotel for the past several years and the staff are very helpful and friendly. Walking distance to parasailing, bananaboat rides, waverunner rentals and a a good location for just enjoying the beach. We always have a great time!

Room Tip: Ask for ocean front eff.the higher the floor the better the view. Its at the south end of the beach...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Helen722

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Gastonia, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

This was our first time staying at the Sea Horn. We found it to be clean, comfortable and reasonably priced. The AC in our room was good and cold, even on the low setting. The staff there went out of their way to make us feel welcomed. In fact we were even offered(and accepted) an upgrade to a Ocean Front room. Thanks Missy for making our first time there memorable. We will be back soon.

Room Tip: Try to get a "large" 2 bedroom suite. They are nicer than the small 2 bedroom suite.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Jim L
Beckley, West Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

A group and friends and I planned to stay at the Sea Horn from 07-20 to 07-25. I called and booked my rooms on 06-01-2012 with no issues. The rest of the group called the following day. They were told that they don't hold rooms for that long.So now I;'m wondering what's going on. so when I call, I explain to the the owner that I'm worried about my information. she asked me why I said well the woman was more then happy to take my information and book my room and your saying that is something you don't do. She then yells at me and tells me that it was her daughter that took my information and she doesn't steal. What a mess. If that was your daughter why are you two not on the same page. She then tells me she doesn't want me to say there and she will refund my my down payment of $100.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank ashleywv

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

i have stayed at this hotel for the last 2 years, and this year we plan on going in july and taking our 2 yr old daughter for the very first time. this hotel is a mom and pop owned, and have very friendly staff. def could use some updating, but i hear they have free wi-fi now so thats good. i LOVE the indoor pool/hot tub area. Price is cheapest we have found oceanfront. We love it here :) not a lot of "younger" people, which for us is good. no partying, drinking, yelling or screaming. its a nice family oriented hotel <3

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Kayla B
Lancaster, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

this is the best motel on the strip we have been staying here for 20 years people here are very friendly we will stay again in june 2012

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank sh7880
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

It's a nice friendly place. Also clean.Good view.Could add another elevator and more food.

Room Tip: in the big building,rooms on the 7th floor and higher have the best veiws
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank nancy b
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2012

We came to Myrtle Beach with reservations at another motel we got here and IT WAS A DUMP!! We came upon the Sea Horn and have stayed here 5 days... The staff are all very friendly rooms are clean and the pools and pool areas are also clean. They have updated they do have free WIFI now and thats great to keep the kids occupied with Netflix at night so I really dont have any complaints. Great service and even better price... Keep in mind if ur looking for an upscale uptight hotel this is not it but if ur looking for a good deal try the SEA HORN!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family