“OK!”

Southern Breeze Motel
Ranked #115 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Ok the rooms were clean enough but they smelled like mildew.There were dead fish in the pool one morning.We stay at the sister motel of the Southern Breeze....The Twilight Surf.Its a better Motel and cleaner too.The staff is awesome at both motels.But you do get what you pay for...there are NO BUGS at either one.We have reservations already for the entire week of 4th of July at Twilight Surf! : )

Room Tip: Always try to get ocean front!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Tammy M
NewHorizonsTravel, Public Relations Manager at Southern Breeze Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you for your review. Please know your comments will be forwarded to the appropriate person. We hope you will consider staying with us during future visits.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

My entire family has stayed in the Southern Breeze approximately 10 summers over the years. We loved the smaller, less people concept as opposed to the huge high-rise, wait on an elevator hotel. It is the best deal you are going to find if you are on a budget. It is clean, the staff is very friendly and helpful, it has everything you will need. The pool is always clean, and you are literally right on the beach. Unlike some of the other posts, I have NEVER seen a roach or any other bug in this motel. It is not brand new, nor are the things in it. However, we spent our time on the beach and doing different things every night. Which we could afford to do because our hotel bill didn't break us. We slept and cooked several meals in our rooms. We have more family pictures and fabulous life long memories than I ever thought possible. If you are looking for a 5 star hotel, this is not the place for you. If you want to spend a wonderful week, relaxing and enjoying your family and not go in debt, I highly recommend the Southern Breeze!

Room Tip: We love the 3rd floor. High enough to look out over everything. Yet we had the option of elevator or...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Laura M

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Southern Breeze has been a family owned and operated motel for many years. You are correct: Southern Breeze is not a Hilton nor does it claim to be. What it does claim to be is a clean, comfortable, and affordable oceanfront motel. I hope others will read your fair and accurate review while researching lodging in Myrtle Beach. We look forward to seeing you during future visits!

Reviewed December 13, 2012

My Family and I stayed here in Sept 2012. We rented two rooms for there was 8 of us. I have no complaints at all. The staff was wonderfully friendly. It was very clean. We stayed for 8 days and 7 nights. It was great for what we had. I have seen worse. I did not ever see a little bug at all. The housekeepers were awesome. The pool was clean. And quick easy access to the beach was awesome. I have a little boy who was 3 at the time of our visit. He absolutely loved it. And yes we have decided to make this a annual trip for him. And will def. be staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank jcwvgurl2008

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you and your family during future visits!

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Dont even know where to start..But let me start by saying that this is mine and my families third year coming to Mrtyle Beach.. Since this year $$$ was tight, and was told about this nice clean motel called Southern Breeze (Roach)..Day of check in, okay, but the place was so GETTO, I dont know about you guys, but vacationing is suppose be looking better than your home, not worse..Dishes were not clean, and broken. Lamps were stained and nasty.Comforters had holes on it, along with the walls not looking as clean as they could have been. Dressers looked worse than a second hand store.The list just keeps going. :( But now that you folks have an idea of what the motel looked like, your about to discover the real reason that drove mine and my families out the door on the third day, YES people, Southern Breeze has ROACHES, not BUGS...Disgusting!!!!!!!!!!And the worst part of our expierence is that the what you call the manager did not bother to ackknowledge how upset and unhappy we were with our stay, he instead said that we brought the ROACHES, so much for client satisfaction..He refused to reemburse us, and we still had three days left of family vacationing..We made some calls, found a nice place with NO ROACHES, and was not gonna let our family down..With this being said, I am requesting that you reasearch more your stay at Southern ROACH, because is not what they say it is or even what the pictures show..Between their nasty pool, smelling hallways, elevators, nasty rugs, getto dishes, and etc... Guess what was I thinking for their prices, but we live, learn and of course never repeat..Good bye Southern Roach, I will never come see you or your ROACHES again...And for the families that had great expierences, good for you, just hope you dont add new members to your families when headed back home...

• Stayed: August 2012
7  Thank SouthernRoach
Reviewed August 8, 2012

My family and i checked out this morning, technically, though the manager refused to refund my money for the next 3 nights. First, let me say that the room was ok, but everything was outdated. Second, the elevator is slow and has a terrible smell. We arrived on Saturday, and everything was going ok, and we had the opinion that hey, you get what you pay for. That was until this morning, when my 9 month old daughter woke me up at 2 am crying. When i checked on her, i found a cockroach in her crib! I was horrified. My wife looked up and saw another one scurrying down the wall across from our bed. When she sat up, she saw another on our blanket! We spent the next 6 hours cleaning everything and packing all of our stuff waiting for the office to open. I killed one roach and saved it to show the office personnel. When the office opened, i took the napkin to the office, told the gentleman that i had a problem, and asked him if he could tell me what i had in the napkin. He said smuggly, "a bug?" I replied, "No, not a bug, a cockroach." I told him that i wanted to speak to the manager. He called him on the phone, and the manager stated that he would reimburse me for one night of the 3 remaining. I stated that was not good enough. He stated then that he would reimburse me 2 nights, and that was the best he could do. I told him to give me back the 2 nights and I will be sure to write bad reviews when i get home. Once I said that, he stated that since I threatened him, he would not be refunding any money. My wife and sister-in-law attempted to talk to him, and he stated that our children should not matter and that for all he knows, we brought the cockroaches with us. This was the worst experience ever!

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank RVW203
Reviewed August 2, 2012

My husband Tim and I stayed here last week from Roanoke VA. It is a nice budget hotel. We are going to stay again August 14 for 10 days. I am on a budget and rather spend my money going places i.e. hair, nails, massage, shopping, eating etc ...and I can overlook anything but the View of the Beach and being able to hear it at night while I sleep. The Towels and Sheets were clean. The rooms were pretty big and clean but a little dusty. If I had asked for someone to correct it the management would have sent someone to assist. The Beds were very comfy too - firm but not hard. I wonder if I can bring a flat screen TV with me next time? Can someone let me know? The maintenance man was very good at attending to the pool. Some other hotels up and down the beach were pretty Loud and I was really happy I was here. Missed having a hot tub but Yes I will stay again. PS I did not see any little critters and I looked very hard...lol
Tim and Tennie

Room Tip: 203 was great.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TennieC
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I've seen reviews of people who have stayed here many years and love it. Perhaps this place has gon drastically down hill. This was our first stay and our last. The lady at the front desk and our house keeper were very friendly. That was the only positive. The room was shabby and my husband complained of the smell. I am not afraid of older motels IF they are clean. We found a dead roach in the tub. When my husband took it down to the front desk the first thing the guy said was "it's not a roach." Before we even said anything about roaches. Of course it WAS a roach. He didn't even apologize. Pest control came out and sprayed that day. We later killed another roach on our balcony. On our last night we killed a third roach on our night stand. If we knew the price included pets we would have brought our dogs.

• Stayed: June 2012