“Definitley Not NY Style PIzza”

Amici's Brick Oven & Italian Bistro
Ranked #19 of 886 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: At Amici's Brick Oven & Italian Bistro we proudly serve Traditional Italian Specialties with Authentic Wood Fired Flavor, Fresh, Handmade Pasta Dishes, Hand Tossed Tuscan-style Brick Oven Pizza. We have fish, seafood, and steak specials daily. Buon Appetito!
Charleston, South Carolina
“Definitley Not NY Style PIzza”
Reviewed March 7, 2011

I had read reviews about Amici's and am always looking for great pizza when I am traveling. I am from NY and am quite the pizza enthusiast. I was extremely disappointed with what Amici's considers to be great NY Style pizza. It was awful!!!! The crust tasted like something bought from the freezer section at the grocery store. It didn't really rise or have any flavor. The sauce was nothing special either. My mother who normally doesn't complain about much agreed with me that the pizza was lousy. I had ordered a ten inch pizza and could only eat one piece. My mother ordered the chicken piccata which was excellent. If you are looking for a great pizza place this is not it. However if you want decent Italian food its worth a try. Our service was not the best either. We kept having to flag down our server and ask for things..

• Visited February 2011

myreviewsareaccurate
“Over priced...big time.”
Reviewed February 4, 2011

Way way over priced. $24 for a medium pizza. $17 for a small chicken breast. $8 or a salad. Don't get me wrong, the food was good but not that good to demand those prices. Sorry Amicis. You need to step it down a knotch, drop your prices and visit reality. You could make twice as much if you changed the menu for common folk and quit trying to cater to the upper class.

• Visited December 2010
Raleigh, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“LIKE ALL ITALIAN FOOD DOWN SOUTH-TERRIBLE!”
Reviewed October 11, 2010

Wow a lot of you people are either easy to please or just don't know any better.I am from NY/NJ, I have lived in the south for several yrs.I have yet to find a good Italian restaurant and quite frankly after trying Amici's this weekend I am just going to stop eating Italian out.Like most Pizza places that call themselves an "Italian Restaurant "this place also uses their pizza sauce as their "gravy" for their pasta.And yes my southern friends it's "gravy" Their portions are small and pricey.I don't mind paying if the food can feed more than a bird.I payed $70 for one of the wost Italian meal we ever had.In case you don't know it Italians are known for eating,go to an Italian wedding or just to a friends house that is Italian there will be plenty of great tasting food.I love the south but I'm sorry you guys don't know good Italian food.

1 Thank joeyb49463
Painesville, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely incredible!”
Reviewed September 25, 2010

I visited Amici's with a close friend of mine while we were vacationing in Myrtle Beach for two weeks in August. The first thing that caught our interest was the advertisement of the very reasonable prices outside of the restaurant.

When we walked in, the fresh aroma of bread and spices filled the air. We looked forward to see the pizza dough being rolled and tossed, and the prepared pizza being inserted into a real brick oven. We were seated within seconds and ordered our beverages and a couple of personal pizzas with salad. The salad and bread were the first to come out. Not only was the dressing for the salad absolutely amazing, but the mixture of oil and spices used on the bread was as well. It all tasted fresh and home-made.

I can't even begin to tell you how absolutely, wonderfully, incredible the pizza was. Fresh, soft-yet thin-crust, home-made tomato sauce and fresh mozzarella, tipped with real basil. My grandfather is a native of Catanzaro, Italy. He makes his own pizza for family reunions and even his pizza can't hold a candle to Amici's. I was angry with myself that I was so full already that I was unable to finish it. I felt as Liz Gilbert did in her best-seller "Eat Pray Love"; I was indeed having a relationship with my pizza.

Overall, the service could have stood to be a little better, as it took a pretty decent amount of time for us to grab the waitress's attention for our bill, but with the combination of delicious tastes, aroma and art-infested atmosphere, it was pleasantly overseen and forgiven. I will, without a doubt, be returning to Amici's when I am able to go back to the area again, only this time, I'll be eating there any day I am able, instead of only once.

Amici's is amazing to say the least. Warm, inviting, and filling. Overall, molto bene!

1 Thank OcchiVerdi3
Exton, Pennsylvania, USA
“Awesome”
Reviewed September 6, 2010

This was our first trip to Amici's and we will definitely be back. The food was excellent, reasonably priced, and the service was fantastic. We got a gift certificate on restaurant.com and decided to try Amici's out. Very happy that we did. Probably one of the best pizzas we have ever had!