“Coupon users beware”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet
Savannah, GA
“Coupon users beware”
Reviewed March 1, 2011

We walked in behind another couple who, when asked, advised the host that they did not have a coupon. They were told that it would be just a minute. We were then asked if we had a coupon , which we did. We were asked to wait in a little area around this tall counter with others that were waiting. The couple before us (no coupon) was seated in a very nice dining area by the bar that was several different levels, nicely lit, was carpeted and had cushioned chairs. We (with coupon) were seated in a dining room that was off to the side behind the cashier. This dining room was one large room, had no carpet, no cushioned chairs, harsh lighting and was really loud. I was assured by the waitress that the coupon users were not segregated to this awful dining room on purpose, but I really have my doubts. This unpleasant dining room was packed full of people, but the other dining area had very few people. I just continued to get the feeling that because we used a coupon, that we were not treated as nicely as those who did not use a coupon.

• Visited February 2011
8 Thank Debber61

Pickerington, Ohio
“Will Never Return - Horrible!”
Reviewed November 30, 2010

My family vacations at least once per year in Myrtle Beach. Part of the fun of each trip is trying a new restaurant. We have driven by the Giant Crab more times than I can remember and have always talked about going there. This time, we actually did it and I am sorry we did. My first clue that we had made a mistake was when we walked in and saw the outdated and dirty-looking dining room. We were greeted by a waiter who spent most of the time telling us what he couldn't do. My son simply asked for a utensil to assist with cracking the crab legs. The waiter replied by saying, "Oh. Have you eated crab legs before? If you had, you would know that you can just use your hands to open them." He reluctantly agreed to bring them, but never did. I happened to look at the other tables in the dining room and noticed that they all had BASKETS full of the "crab crackers". Many of those tables were being served by our same waiter! He came to the table once to clear our plates, which is a problem, since this is a buffet-style restaurant and you get a clean plate each time you go back to get more food. We ended up stacking our own plates in a giant pile in the middle of the table, while I continued to watch him regularly clear other tables. The price of the buffet per person is $22.95, not including beverages. The food was disappointing at best. It all tasted the same - terrible. I have since talked with friends who have visited other Myrtle Beach "all you can eat" seafood buffets. There are good ones in town, so don't get discouraged. If you see the Giant Crab, keep on driving. We will.

3 Thank CWHS84
Houston, Texas
“Expensive, unless you really like crab legs.”
Reviewed November 2, 2010

I'm glad we had a coupon for $5 off each adult buffet, because it was pretty pricey for what was offered. They advertise 170 items, but it didn't seem like that much at all. They did have something for everyone, though, which is good if you're not big into seafood (my wife isn't). Your best bet is to stock up on the king crab legs and other high priced fish, like mahi mahi, to make it worth it.

Drinks aren't included in the price, which is to be expected, I think.

Our server was very attentive, and kept our table pretty clean and our drinks filled. There was a guy on his hands and knees, scrubbing the metal on the steps and another guy constantly sweeping the buffet area- they're really clean! Everything was stocked up pretty well, too.
Overall, we had a great experience here and would recommend giving it a try.

3 Thank MichaelRay11
Amanda, Ohio
“Great FOOD GR8 coupon!”
Reviewed October 19, 2010

Last December I treated myself to a night out @ the Giant Crab. I didn't know what to expect but it was cute. The food was great, my server was perfect & I had a coupon so over all I loved eating there. I hope you do too.

Columbus, OH
“This food isn't very good”
Reviewed October 13, 2010

"This food isn't very good" is the phrase uttered by my 5 year old. It was the same sentiment as the rest of the family. When the best thing about your $75 meal is the iced tea, you know there is a problem. Bland tasting, poor quality food, under cooked crab legs, and "funky" tasting oysters. My 3 year old and 5 year old didn't like the pizza? How can you make a bad pizza? The food was so bad I actually returned it.....in the parking lot. Needless to say, we will not be back.