“Great afternoon spent with the family”
Review of Le Grande Cirque - CLOSED

Le Grande Cirque
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Bought our tickets online at Reservemyrtlebeach.com (or something like that)! Weds am & Thursday afternoon are discounted to begin with & we got another discount on top of tha t online. Remember to bring your own candy with you. We forgot so we did let the kids each fill a smAll bowl that they sold there. Otherwise we just told the kids no souvenirs or extras. It's no more pressure to buy there then elsewhere. The show was fun for everyone. AGED 41-8. The clown was very funny. We loved the hula hoop girl, motorcycles & the 2 guys in the metal spinning thing! Overall a great time at the circus at a great price!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

This show was amazing. The main clown was hilarious! They have a lot of talent for being a summer beach show. No bad seat in the house.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

I loved everything.........I have teenagers and they did not want it to end. The head guy, clown was so funny he even made my husband laugh and he does not laugh very much. I cant say enough about this show. Its a much and its worth it.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

I went into the evening really excited about this show. My husband and I took our 6 1/2 year old daughter, and she loved it. With that said, I can't say that it was as amazing as I had hoped it would be. The show itself was very good in spots-- the acrobatics, stunts, tricks, strength moves were impressive. Unfortunately, there seemed to be a lot of filler and downtime. The clown had funny moments (one set was hysterical), but they relied on him too much to fill time, in my opinion. Several acts were similar --- trapeze, ribbons, twirling on ropes in the air. My biggest complaint, though, wasn't really the show. I was annoyed by the nonstop "trying to sell us something else" we experienced. During the intermission, they offerred a "special, tonight only" opportunity to have family pictures made with the dogs from the show. ($20 -- and one of the dogs' handlers had to be a part of the "family" picture). One of the ushers actually came over where I was taking pictures of my daughter and rudely scolded me for any thoughts I might have of taking a picture of the dogs from halfway back in the auditorium. Keep in mind, it was intermission -- not during the show. Meanwhile, they pushed around (up and down the aisles) carts of overpriced, blinking wigs, electric swords and staffs, and other wildly annoying gadgets to distract audience members while the show continued. Five children in a row sat with full, blinking wigs in various colors in front of a family to my left. I felt terrible for them -- having to look around/over the obnoxious lights. I felt like souvenir objects would have better off in the lobby area (or ideally a side gift shop). At the end, the crowd was routed right to endless displays of (nothing special) pre-printed pictures they insisted on taking at the entrance as tickets were collected. Those pre-printed pictures always irritate me -- not a very "green" practice. If the auditorium had been full (we saw a 7:30 pm show and it was less than half filled), exiting would have been really frustrating. To me, it is absurd to think our family would add on the expense of a picture with dogs, a picture across from the water fountain, snacks, and a few blinking gadgets for another $60 minimum. -- especially since they market the show as a good value for children ($10 ticket). They tried (with no luck) to push add on merchandise and items toward the children, and I really could have done without that. It was a good evening -- enjoyed time with my family and moments of the show. I don't think, however, we would ever go back.

3  Thank gcwebster