Wyndham SeaWatch Plantation
Dayton House Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$129
$103
$179
$257
$224
Hampton.com
$258
$200
Long Bay Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$134
$115
Official Site
Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$93
Official Site
  • Pool
Paradise Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$111
Coral Beach Resort & Suites(Myrtle Beach)
$147
The Breakers Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$124
Hotels.com
$180
$155
All reviewsnorth towerlazy riversvilla iiwyndham ownersturtle racespools and hot tubssea watchtanger outletsocean viewrestaurant rowrv parkbedroom unittime sharebarefoot landingparking passnice resortwasher and dryer
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We had a great time in our 3 nights at Wyndham SeaWatch Plantation. When I booked the room I was struggling in my search to find a place within our budget that would meet our wants. We wanted two bedrooms, and an indoor pool because we stayed the last week in February so outside swimming was not possible. We needed clean and comfortable surroundings and free parking. We flew to Myrtle Beach so we needed a place that provided a washer and dryer and a clean kitchen. We received all of that at Wyndham SeaWatch Plantation along with an ocean view and kind staff to make our stay very pleasing. We hope to return in a warmer time of year so we can enjoy all of the outdoor pools and two lazy rivers. However, Myrtle Beach was much warmer than Michigan so it was a needed break from all the snow.

Room Tip: The North Tower appears to have the best views and the indoor pool in the North Power is wonderful. We stayed in Villa III, probably because we payed very little for our room and it was only a short walk to the North Tower. We didn't see much of the South Tower.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Allie_Andy
Reviewed February 28, 2014

My wife and I have been vacationing in South Carolina for 5 years, now, and this is the first time we decided to give Wyndham a whirl. I purchased two, two-bedroom timeshare weeks on a Wyndham website not knowing exactly what to expect, but reassured by the 5-star (Wyndham) rating. I studied the reviews on Trip Advisor and concluded that getting the north tower would be “gold” and the south tower, “silver”. I could handle either. I didn’t anticipate the “bronze” accommodations in the central court, “Villa” area. That is where the disappointment began. I had read where this resort is managed by several different concerns, so I never really knew who my host was. At check-in, I was provided nearly all of the necessary information and tools except for the parking pass. I had to visit a separate desk for this, and realized soon after, that I had been passed on to the timeshare gang who were delighted to gather my personal information, invite me to breakfast, and offer discounts on just about everything… not to mention $100 free cash! Oh yes… and my parking pass. I guess my mistake was being Midwest polite. I listened to their enthusiastic preview and left, not knowing they had drawn a big target on my back. We would receive numerous phone calls and even a personal knock on the door , before we made our case for stopping this harassment. It worked until we got back home, whereupon I received an e-mail saying that I was pre-approved to buy a Wyndham timeshare with loan rates averaging around 15%. To opt out of this timeshare spam required providing my social security number among other things. Didn’t do that… hope it ends!
Now about Villa III at Wyndham Seawatch: The kitchen-dining-living area comprised a long, narrow room with one small window looking out on a lagoon with an inoperative fountain and some serious flotsam. The furnishings, from the carpet to the furniture were definitely retro. The smallish flat-screen TV was housed in an oversized armoire that took up an inordinate amount of space near the sliding door leading to a rather small, narrow balcony that provided a distant view of the ocean. In fairness, the bedrooms were spacious and nicely furnished; although the closet in the master bedroom was far too small for one person, let alone a couple. Sleeping comfort was very good. The bathrooms were equipped with multiple-flush toilets , but sported nice shower and tub. . I admit that my Seawatch perceptions may have been tainted by the fact that it was miserably cold in Myrtle Beach during our two weeks. The “Polar Vortex” kept us inside and off the beach for much of the time. These conditions also created discomfort inside our “villa”. The furnace air was delivered at the ceiling, so we experienced heat in “layers”. Eye-level reached the temperature set on the eye-level thermostat. The floor, and anything on it, ( like our feet and legs) felt air as much as 5 degrees colder. It didn’t help that there was a lot of “daylight” around the closed entry door.
All things considered, I’ll bet the towers are nice; I do know that the staff is personable and helpful. Our condo was clean. The grounds, for the most part, are well kept. The outdoor pools and tubs should be a big attraction in the summer The parking was protected and ample. It’s just that the overall experience: the timeshare hounds, our accommodations, all add up to my conclusion that we will not seek out a Wyndham property in the future, unless we are certain that our unhappy experiences will not be repeated.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Suitemaster
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We stayed in a 2 bed, 2 bath condo in Villa III the third week of February 2014. The unit was updated, beautiful and clean. Beds were super comfy! The staff was great and we had a wonderful time. Loved that it was right on the ocean and close to Tanger Outlet on Highway 17. We would visit again.

Room Tip: We had an oceanview room and it had a small balacony with a decent view of the ocean. There are 2 towers with better views but I do not know how the rooms are there.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I've read many of these reviews, and I think some people are not really sure where they are staying. Seawatch Plantation is a dual ownership resort - part of the units are owned by Seawatch, and part are owned by Wyndham. There is even a separate check-in for Wyndham owners - yes, you have to be an owner or guest of one to stay in those rooms. We are Wyndham owners, and believe me, there IS a difference in the rooms! Wyndham rooms are totally updated with granite countertops and beautiful, stylish furnishings. Seawatch has blue formica countertops and older, dated furnishings. The front desk people at Wyndham are wonderful! We've never stayed there that we weren't greeted by smiles and hugs! We have never had a room that wasn't wonderful, and if we had any issue at all, maintenance or housekeeping was there before we could hardly get off the phone! As an owner, we hold a stake in the place, and are very quick to let them know if there is a problem.
I know there can be bad experiences - I've had them. But NOT at Wyndham Seawatch !!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
8  Thank DonnaIngle
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I want to express my appreciation to the front desk especially Rolanda Greene for their excellent service during our monthly rental. I thank the entire staff for the winter monthly party. Lots of food, gifts and fellowship. I would like to suggest a weekly or bimonthly meet and greet for ALL guests and staff.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family