1,911 results
All reviewsprivate beachwaterscapes restaurantintercoastal waterwayanchor caferuth's christwo bedroom suitevalet servicefull kitchenchairs and umbrellascarolina oprypool barbeautiful resortthe myrtle beach areashort driveoff seasonwasher and dryerfamily vacation
Reviewed June 24, 2010

This hotel is more of a resort hotel. Some units are privately owned and managed, but they have many rooms managed on-site for short or long-term rentals. The property gives you more of a resort like atmosphere, rather than being at the beach. Very stylish and elegant Tuscan decor and furnishings, the entire property is beautiful, well-managed, and very convenient location. It is in the northernmost section of Myrtle Beach. So, Restaurant Row is north about 1 mile, the Carolina Opry and Dixie Stampede is directly across the street, and you can use Bypass 17 to access the southern attractions including the mall, Broadway at the Beach, Market Commons, etc. Even though the property itself is not oceanfront, it has a private area at the beach for parking, furnished towels, beach chairs and umbrellas, and a small cabana which serves food and drinks if you don't want to pack a cooler. It is in a less populated area of the beach, so it is very private and not alot of people around. The hotel offers a shuttle service to the beach or you can park in their private lot if you wish. Valet parking is available and the staff is very friendly and accomodating. Food in the restaurants is first-class, which includes a Ruth Chris Steakhouse on-site. They have a couple of lounges, including a poolside cabana. The pool competes with most high-end Vegas resorts. Rooms are very spacious, much more so than the typical Myrtle Beach hotel room. Grocery and drug stores directly across Highway 17. This is my 5th stay and it keeps getting better every time. They used to have boat and jetski rentals on-site at the marina. They did away with that this year which was disappointing to my teenagers. You will not be disappointed. That's why it is rated #1 in Myrtle Beach

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank tripleg67
Reviewed June 17, 2010

After reading all of the hype about the Dunes Village, we booked there and arrived about 8 at night, excited and ready to relax on the beach after spending a few wonderful days in Charleston. Nothing could've prepared me for what I was to encounter at Dunes Village. Our room was dirty, grimy, fingerprints all over the glass, carpet moist with dirt, bedding stained and the toilet and bathroom area smelled. Swallowing hard, I tried to calmly explain the conditions of the room to the clerk. He told my husband and I we could relocate to a suite but we would need to pay $360 a night. We were already paying $285 for the dump of a room they were renting us. They said they had no vacancies to switch us to and would send housekeeping "in the morning!" Not sure what blew me away more, the condition of the room or the indifference of the staff?! Exhausted, near tears I paced the balcony trying to think how I was going to overcome paying almost $300 per night for something that I wouldn't give $30 for. Settling on the fact that I was going to have to buy cleaning supplies on my vacation, I suddenly remembered the Marina Inn at Grand Dunes and how my husband said it was a little out of our price range. I thought it certainly could not hurt to try. He called and explained our dilemna. Instead of taking advantage of that and charging a premium, they actually gave us a discount. They had no vacancies for several of our nights but worked us in on a daily basis. I was equally overcome when I walked into our room there but it was for the right reasons. Their hotel is everything a hotel/resort/vacation should be. Shronda's hospitatlity defines customer service. The valet, the housekeepers, restaurant staff, everyone is so friendly and involved in making your stay relaxing and enjoyable. I can't say enough. I know I'm rambling, but you have to understand that we don't get the opportunity to vacation often and this review could have easily gone a whole different direction if it wasn't for the Marina Grand Inn at Grand Dunes. The only disadvantage is that it's not on the beach, they have a shuttle that takes you to a semi private beach-takes about 3 min, if you want to go late you have to take your own car. We live in the Chicago area and have stayed in some of the most distinquished and luxurious hotels downtown. MIGD can compete and prevail in each and every category. You will NOT regret the choice to stay here.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank wildcat2010_10
Reviewed June 13, 2010

Family of 4, including my wife, 2 kids age 10 & 7 and myself. We normally rent a small house, but decided to stay at a hotel this week while at the beach. We have a two bedroom suite, a very large room with full kitchen. This is not a beach front hotel but you have direct access to a good section of beach property with the hotels free 3 min shuttle ride and service bar on the beach with drinks, towels, chairs and food. photos of this hotel do not lie, good quality of furniture. I would stay here again and again.

Service from front desk was good, only two agents so if there is a line you will have to wait in the nicely appointed lobby.

My wife and I travel a lot, we were happy all the time while at the hotel with the staff, service and amenities provided.

Pro:
Good views of the waterway and golf course
Large comfortable rooms
good beds
Kids eat free at pool side cafe
1/2 price drinks and food at anchor bar over looking marina until 7
quick 3 min shuttle to beach every day
Good chairs and umbrellas and towels at beach
good location easy to find
better than average service
Not your typical beach hotel, no smelly elevators no sand in the rooms
once you close the doors and windows you can't hear the outside
wi-fi
good maid service

Con:
Not on the beach / no beach view
$15 per day resort fee, they don't tell you at check in
small pool
no wine opener in rooms
Kids program is just OK
it'll cost you but you deserve it

Free valet parking, shuttle, kid's meals

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank xxavaaro
Reviewed June 10, 2010

We traveled to Myrtle Beach for the first time (with 3 small children) and had a wonderful time thanks to the beautiful locale and weather and the outstanding service and accommodations at the Marina Inn. Check-in was easy and service was top-notch: from the bellhops who were extremely warm and eager to make our stay as enjoyable as possible to the other service staff who accommodated our various requests (room service, supplies, etc). The 2 bedroom suite was spacious with a casually elegant decor and impeccably cleaned--it was very comfortable even with 3 kids bouncing off the walls. There are ceiling fans throughout the suite and an airy balcony (though there was no screen). It was easy to navigate the grounds to return to our room. There is a full kitchen with appliances and tableware, dishwasher, microwave and oven. There is a nice grocery store nearby and it would be easy to stock up there and prepare breakfast if desired. The washer/dryer in the unit was useful as well. The shuttle was convenient and allowed us to avoid shedding sand and debris in our car. Room service menu is a little bit limited but adequate; other food options (pool bar, anchor cafe) we tried were good quality. We mainly spent time at the pool or beach but one highlight kids activity we did attend was movie night on the lawn complete with freshly popped popcorn.
We ate at Ruth Chris' steakhouse one evening which was a really great experience (even with children!)--highly recommended!
We have no doubt we will be making this an annual pilgrimage in the future !

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank kkay62
Reviewed June 4, 2010

It started at the door on arrival. The bellman I think was Gary. It was mothers day and he wished us all one. He was a gentleman and was prompt in taking our baggage to room showed us around and offered us ice. He is a keeper. The service did not stop there the trip to the beach and the room was incredible. I can see why there busy. Top of the line staff and beautiful resort cant wait to go back. This is the place to be in Myrtle beach!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business