My Family of six stayed at the Marina Inn at Grande Dunes in July of 2009. We drove from Massachusetts to Myrtle Beach(15hrs), wondering the whole way if it was going to be worth it. It was!! We arrived to the hotel at 8:30am. check-in was not until 4:00pm. After a 15hr. drive all we wanted to do was rest in the room. I requested an early check-in (upon arrival, not before), but our room was not ready at this time. The woman at the desk assured me that she would do what she could to get us in our room as soon as possible, she directed us to a resturant for breakfast and called me on my cell phone a half hour later to tell me our room was ready. I got used to this kind of exceptional service, it was consistant throughout the seven days we were there.
The Hotel its self is incredible, clean and modern. The location is excellent, 1-2 miles away from stores etc.. 5-6miles from attractions and only aprox. 2 miles from a huge private beach. The Hotel has a shuttle to the Beach if needed which seemed to operate flawlessly. Beach chairs, towels, and umbrellas are reserved for hotel guests, there is even a life guard that sets them up for you. If you drive yourself, there is a private parking lot, plenty of room, and no stress.
The resturants on sight were great, Ruth's Chris is right next door. Bring your wallet, but what a place for a dinner out.
The pool was clean, and pool side service was again exceptional. Drinks and food were always fast and delicious. The menu had something for everybody.
Now on to the best part, the rooms. We stayed in a two bedroom Villa. How Perfect!! plenty large enough for our family of six. I felf like we were the first to stay here, not a blemish. The bedrooms were large with comfortable bedding. The marble bathrooms (2 full) were a great touch. The large modern kitchen had everything we needed. Nothing cheep about the ameneties here. Views from balcony were awesome.
The search for a great place to stay in Myrtle Beach ends here. Don't let the fact that this Hotel isn't right on the ocean keep you from staying here, we almost did, and I would never had known what I was missing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located to top area attractions; AAA 4 diamond rated since 2007 and a 2011 TripAdvisor Top 25 Hotel in the US. Amenities include private access beach with full amenities; pools, whirlpools, sauna, workout facility, two golf courses and tennis onsite & summer children's activities. Additional amenities include: Wi-Fi, valet parking, concierge and in-room spa services. Dining options range from casual to elegant and include our signature restaurant WaterScapes and Ruths Chris also located onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Vacatia, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marina Inn at Grande Dunes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Inn At Grande Dunes Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Marina Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Marina Hotel At Grande Dunes