We had the Mediterranean Suite, which is a generously oversized room with a huge bathroom, fireplace & kitchenette. Room was beautiful and very spacious. Pool area is wonderful, with plenty of seating, 2 hot tubs, and a nice pool bar/restaurant. Although TV stations didn't appear to be in high definition, they had a great selection of channels, including 2 HBO channels. Service was top notch for the most part. When we requested extra towels, a staff member was at our door with even more towels than we requested in less than 5 minutes!! Only not-so-great parts of our trip were when we first arrived. We arrived a few hours before the check-in time of 4pm, so our room was not yet ready. I was totally fine with that, but we are used to more upscale properties offering to put your luggage on a luggage cart so they can store it till your room is ready. We were told that wasn't an option and that all they could do is hold a suitcase or two in an un-air conditioned, outdoor storage area. So, we opted to keep all the bags in the car and hope for the best, even though it was warm out. Our concern was medication and make-up melting. The second problem was at check-in. Apparently, there is a resort fee, which covers a whole host of wonderful things. This was never explained to us, so we missed out on ALL these wonderful things that we still were charged a hefty fee for. Then, at check-out, we see the hefty resort fee charge, as well as the $102 charge for the Mother's Day brunch, which was supposed to be complimentary. The manager on duty corrected our bill & credited the balance on our bill of $40 for some food & beverage items we purchased at the pool bar. She also said she would talk to whoever checked us in to remind her how important it is to explain the resort fee to guests at check-in. Aside from those few inconveniences, we had a great stay and would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located to top area attractions; AAA 4 diamond rated since 2007 and a 2011 TripAdvisor Top 25 Hotel in the US. Amenities include private access beach with full amenities; pools, whirlpools, sauna, workout facility, two golf courses and tennis onsite & summer children's activities. Additional amenities include: Wi-Fi, valet parking, concierge and in-room spa services. Dining options range from casual to elegant and include our signature restaurant WaterScapes and Ruths Chris also located onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Vacatia, Cancelon, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marina Inn at Grande Dunes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Inn At Grande Dunes Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Marina Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Marina Hotel At Grande Dunes