End of February/Beginning of March-My husband and I recently decided to hop on a plane and head south for a mini trip to Myrtle Beach. We had such a great time, and I was very impressed at the Marina Inn at Grande Dunes. The valet gentlemen were very attentive and friendly. Joanne, the Guest Service Specialist (and more), made us feel like we were at a Bed and Breakfast. Our room was awesome-huge, with a fabulous balcony that overlooked their massive and gorgeous pool/spa area and marina. The amenities were lovely-bathrobes, mini fridge/kitchen, beautiful and large bath, and the pillows and comforters were awesome! We even had a bottle of champagne waiting for us in our room! The weather this time of year is a bit chilly (58-60), but there were fire pits in the pool/resort area!!! In the three days, two nights we stayed, we spent an afternoon wine tasting (there are several -we went to Carolina Vineyards but plan to go to LaBelle Amie or another actual vineyard), an afternoon visiting all the shops at Broadway By the Sea, and we hit several awesome restaurants (yes, my husband made me go to Captain George's for a seafood buffet, and it was really good!). There are so many great places to eat- go to WaterScapes at the Marina Inn - it's lovely, and is recognized as a top restaurant in Myrtle Beach. We had breakfast at Eggs Up, and it was great--we want to try Croissants (it got rave reviews) . If it's too cold for you this time of year, ask for a room with a fireplace-we plan to when we go back in the fall. I love the fact that this time of year the tourists haven't arrived in masses yet, so you experience the hotel, restaurants, and attractions in a stress-free, less crowded manner. Very romantic escape! Pack your sneakers and swim suit -they have an indoor pool as well, along with a fitness room. Can't wait for the outdoor bar to open in spring! Do go to the bar downstairs for happy hour!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located to top area attractions; AAA 4 diamond rated since 2007 and a 2011 TripAdvisor Top 25 Hotel in the US. Amenities include private access beach with full amenities; pools, whirlpools, sauna, workout facility, two golf courses and tennis onsite & summer children's activities. Additional amenities include: Wi-Fi, valet parking, concierge and in-room spa services. Dining options range from casual to elegant and include our signature restaurant WaterScapes and Ruths Chris also located onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TravelUp, Priceline, Vacatia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Marina Inn at Grande Dunes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Inn At Grande Dunes Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Marina Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Marina Hotel At Grande Dunes