We visited Myrtle Beach to watch my daughter's college softball team play at Coastal Carolina. I researched several hotels and condos in the area to find a 4-5 star type hotel. I was surprised that Myrtle Beach did not have many. The Marina Inn at Grand Dunes and the Marriott kept coming up as the 2 best hotels in Myrtle Beach. The Marina Inn did not disappoint. From the moment we arrived from the valet experience to check in (beautiful lobby) to walking through the doors of our beautiful room, the Marina Inn exceeded our expectations. This is a beautiful 4 diamond hotel. First class all the way. We were able to meet the GM and he treated us like royalty.
The rates are much more reasonable at the Marina Inn due to it being on the Intercoastal Canal (rather than the ocean), but the views of the canal and the golf course are quite beautiful. We rented a 2 bedroom which was very spacious. It had a full kitchen, eating area, large living room, 2 nice size bedrooms and 2 large bathrooms. The rooms are decorated very upscale and warm, unlike many of those tacky, minimal and cold feeling beach condos. Our rate was less than what I would pay for a hotel room on the beach and a lot nicer.
So if you don't mind not staying on the beach, this is the best property in Myrtle Beach. Request a canal view. The fireplace was a nice touch, especially since the nights were cold. I really like the concept of this hotel being like a condo with huge rooms and 2 bedroom options. However, since the rooms are owned by the hotel (and not individual owners), the décor is first class and consistent. We have stayed at a number of very nice beach condos where the owners cheap out on the furnishings. So two thumbs up for the Marina Inn at Grand Dunes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located to top area attractions; AAA 4 diamond rated since 2007 and a 2011 TripAdvisor Top 25 Hotel in the US. Amenities include private access beach with full amenities; pools, whirlpools, sauna, workout facility, two golf courses and tennis onsite & summer children's activities. Additional amenities include: Wi-Fi, valet parking, concierge and in-room spa services. Dining options range from casual to elegant and include our signature restaurant WaterScapes and Ruths Chris also located onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, TravelUp, Priceline, Cancelon, Vacatia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marina Inn at Grande Dunes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Inn At Grande Dunes Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Marina Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Marina Hotel At Grande Dunes