“Excellent Experience”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Livonia, Michigan
“Excellent Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

I've stayed at the hotel twice and had a wonderful experience both times. My most recent trip was a mom/sisters long weekend. We reserved a 3 bedroom suite. The room and view was gorgeous. The hotel personnel were exceptionally friendly and the service was quick and satisfying. I wish that I could remember all of the names of those who gave us wonderful service: The young lady who worked valet/bell service, the service staff at the pool bar and the anchor café, the delightful hostess and our knowledgeable, personable waiter at the Waterscapes restaurant all made our trip so memorable. We loved Waterscapes, dining outdoor and ordering their room service. The food was excellent and reasonably priced. I can't wait to go back with my husband!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Number6of11
MIExec, Manager at Marina Inn at Grande Dunes, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Number6of11,
It was so nice to hear from you and to find out that your family had such a great time at our resort. Thank you for taking time to acknowledge our “exceptionally friendly” staff that you encountered throughout your stay. Our chef was pleased to hear that your family enjoyed the food and that you found the pricing to be reasonable. We too are looking forward to you returning with your husband in the near future.
Eleanor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (417)
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Best place we've stayed in MB. We were really looking forward to sleep (we have a child with special needs and have slept with a monitor since the day he was born). We were upgraded upon check-in to a 2 room unit. The room was giant and had a nice view of the Intracoastal. We slept very well and enjoyed the very attractive pool area. The carpets in the hotel need to be re-done, and room furniture was tired looking, but otherwise a great alternative to the other MB options on the beach. If you want a more grown-up spin on the Myrtle Beach hotel scene this is your best bet (especially in the shoulder season). We ordered room service for breakfast and I probably wouldn't do that again. It was a 3 star experience...

1 Thank Stephanie L
Hi Stephanie L. Thank you for choosing the Marina Inn for your recent visit to Myrtle Beach. I’m glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay and that you were offered a complimentary upgrade with a great view of the waterway when you arrived. It also means a lot to us that you felt our property was the “best place” you’ve stayed in Myrtle Beach. There are quite a few options for accommodations in our area and it means the world to us that you chose to stay with us. I was disappointed to hear that you felt the furniture and carpet in the unit was “tired looking” and that your room service experience fell short of the 5-star experience we strive to deliver each of our guests. We are working to address these concerns and appreciate you taking time to share your thoughts with us. Thank you again for taking the time and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Markham
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Stayed 1 night on our way back from Charleston. Picked this up on one of the blind sites and was happy that we paid their reduced rates. The room was comfortable but the carpets looked like a frat party was just there. We changed rooms and it was marginally better.

Pretty far away from everything which is good at the same time.

If they pick up their socks on the carpet I would stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
MIExec, Manager at Marina Inn at Grande Dunes, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Good morning Travelcritic-ca and thank you for taking time to share your feelings on your recent stay at the Marina Inn. I’m so glad that the room was comfortable for you despite your concerns with the carpeting. We have been addressing the carpet in our rooms over the last few months however, with the traffic they see during the summer months they need even more attention when things slow down a little. I hope that you were able to enjoy some of the other amenities and comforts of our Resort during your stay. I appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns with us and hope that you will choose the Marina Inn to stay next time you are passing through the Myrtle Beach area.
Florence, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

We were so so disappointed. This hotel makes attempts to lure you into thinking they are exclusive. They are a three out of five on a good day -- a very good day. We had trouble checking in, computers were down. Looking for a romantic weekend, we were greeted with queen beds and horribly old wrinkled up carpet as a first impression. Upon returning to correct what I thought was an oversight, I was dismissed by the front desk clerk. It was just a job to her and she made that very clear to me that she had no desire to hear me or help me. I had to take a shower before our dinner reservations. The shower was dirty and not working. It had a very slow drip. I tried because I was short on time and could not wash the soap off. I tried to call the front desk and could not get a single extension. I finally got someone on the sixth attempt. The hotel must be seriously understaffed. We travel frequently and this was a first. A maintenance man was sent up to repair the shower. He said it was totally clogged and had to be replaced. This makes me question the maid service. Why wasn't this discovered in cleaning? The maintenance guy left a dirty footprinted towel that greeted us upon our return and there was debris left in shower. Incidentally, we had a terrible appetizer in the bar and "green" Hawaiians prior to finding our room. Sunday morning, we were awakened by children screaming down the hall for their grandparent. Tried to get a late check out on Sunday and they were not very flexible. Sunday was planned to be a pool day. We figured it was off season and barely saw people in the hall. No real flexibility, we just checked out and left. We have visited Myrtle many times and are still seeking something in the four/five star range with no luck. We were hoping this could be our sanctuary four. They could move up a notch by replacing carpet and working on customer service with something that is not robotic and superficial. On a plus, the valet center was awesome! They were quick, accomodating, and spot on every single time.

Room Tip: The rooms are very large but not luxurious....tired and worn looking. The overlook to the pool is ve...
3 Thank Deb H
DavidinMB, General Manager at Marina Inn at Grande Dunes, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Deb H: Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of The Marina Inn at Grande Dunes and I am so sorry that you were disappointed. I am sorry there was an issue with our computers at check in…that is rarely an issue here but I am sorry it started your visit out with a delay. We are in the middle of having carpets stretched and cleaned as I write this. Most importantly, I am sorry for your experience with the desk clerk. You and your experience is extremely important to all of us and if you did not feel that was the case, I am terribly sorry. I am also sorry for the issue with your shower. Yes they are inspected during daily cleaning. I am glad our engineering staff was able to make the repair but I am sorry for the dirty towel that was left. In summary there are quite a few things that happened that should not have and I am using your constructive details to do some retraining. Please know that our staff genuinely cares and I am truly sorry that did not reflect with your experience. I promise that your comments do not fall on deaf ears and will be used to make improvements immediately. Thank you for taking the time to let us know these details. It will help to make us better. Thanks again!!
David Nelson, GM
South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I had the opportunity to stay at the Marina Grande Dunes in Myrtle Beach and were in awe of the hotel from the moment we stepped into the lobby! What a luxurious place! We were given a 2-bedroom condo with a great view overlooking the intercoastal waterway. The kitchen was big enough for two people to move about in, counters covered in granite, appliances were stainless steel. The master bedroom really had the "wow" factor, with a super large bathroom. Even though Marina Inn is not on the ocean, this place was so great and so close to everything in the area, we did not even consider that a problem. I hated to leave! We would definitely recommend this anyone thinking about staying in a really nice place in Myrtle Beach!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ASPSouthCarolina
I am pleased to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us and that the decor of our lobby and the spaciousness of our rooms were to your liking. It was nice to hear that you appreciated the location of the Resort and all the places that we have nearby to enjoy. Thank you for taking time to post this review and for recommending our Resort to others. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

My family and I decided on the Mariana Inn @ Grande Dunes in Myrtle Beach partly due to the reviews. We selected the Mediterranean suite (5404), a studio with a full kitchen and pullout sofa and expansive bathroom. I must say the suite was pretty clean and the linen was decent. Although the resort isn't ocean front, the service is great. The resort provides a shuttle to their private beach which put a smile on my face everyday ( no crowds). I certainly would return and definitely will recommend this property to my family and friends. Next trip we'll reserve the 2 bedroom. I would have given 5 stars but the service charge is a little high; try $45.00 for 2 burgers, fries. Just bring your own lunch to the beach and there are plenty of restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: Select a room facing the intercostal waterway and on a higher floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank pecantann
DavidinMB, General Manager at Marina Inn at Grande Dunes, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Pecantan: Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of your recent stay. I am glad you enjoyed the Mediterranean suite…it is one of our most popular. Thank you also for your great comments about the resort, our private beach and the service your received. Everyone strives to offer the best experience possible for every guest and I am glad you found that to be the case. We are introducing a new Burgers menu with lower prices and a great assortment. We have heard we have some of the best burgers on the beach and are expanding our offering to make the selection more fun and different…..thank you for your input! We look forward to having you back soon!! All the best
David Nelson, GM
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Baltic suite which was a spacious room with two queen beds and a great balcony with view on the intermodal canal. Valet parking was included. Great breakfast where the kids eat free! Nice pool and a great shuttle bus to their own beach side. Cool cabana with reasonably priced hot dogs. Free beach chair with parasols. Beach is really fabulous for the East coast. We would recommend this hotel anytime.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank WhodatBelgium
Dear WhodatBelgium,
Thank you for taking time to share your family’s positive experience with others in the Trip Advisor community. It is nice to hear that you and your family were able to enjoy many of the extra amenities that our Resort provides for our guests and that the spaciousness of the Baltic suite was comfortable for you. We appreciate the kind words and your willingness to recommend our Resort to others. We hope that you and your family will come “sea” us again real soon.