Marina Inn at Grande Dunes
$258
$200
Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$119
BestWestern.com
Coral Beach Resort & Suites(Myrtle Beach)
$145
Paradise Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$111
Dayton House Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$103
$257
$224
$207
$155
Long Bay Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$125
$107
Official Site
Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
The Breakers Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$124
1,829 results
All reviewsprivate beachwaterscapes restaurantintercoastal waterwayanchor caferuth's chrisvalet servicetwo bedroom suitefull kitchenchairs and umbrellasbeautiful propertypool barthe myrtle beach areashort driveoff seasonwasher and dryerfamily vacationshuttle
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Our first time traveling to Myrtle beach after being life long Florida beach goers.

Our first day we arrived a couple of hours early (@2:00) and were told that our room wasn't ready yet and that they would call us when it was. So, we decided to grab something to eat at Broadway at the Beach (less than a 7 min. drive). After lunch and touring, the hotel still had not called us. We return to the hotel @ 4:45, and our room still wasn't ready. They allowed us to go to our room. Upon arrival, there were no sheets on our beds and the were not made up. We also had no wash clothes. The cushions on the balcony were very soiled. Later, two nice young ladies came in with sheets to make our beds. They told us that the first shift was allowed to go home prior to finishing their laundry, and that they were stuck with the leftovers (MANAGEMENT ISSUE). So it wasn't just us, there were many other rooms that were not complete.

The only other two things that we didn't care for were the high pressure sales tactics to purchase vacation property there, and at midnight we could still hear people yelling at the outdoor pool (even though the pool was supposed to close at 10:00p.m.)

Thankfully, our first day was not indicative of the rest of our trip. Our view was beautiful, towels were readily available for the pool. Shuttle to the beach with umbrellas and chairs was perfect.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with your family, spend the extra $$ to get a room with a kitchen so that you are not spending your "fun" money on food.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
DavidinMB, General Manager at Marina Inn at Grande Dunes, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear KyOnTheGo: Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. I am sorry it took so long for your room to be ready when you arrived. Thank you for the nice comments regarding our housekeeping team that made up your beds. During heavy arrival periods we split up our teams to maximize efficiency. We really do have friendly hard-working people that work at The Marina Inn that genuinely care about you, our guest. I am sorry if you felt pressured by the vacation club folks. That is not the intent I assure you. I am also sorry for the noise at the pool after 10. We have 24 hour security and the comfort and safety of our guests is our number one priority. I am glad you enjoyed the rest of your vacation and were able to enjoy the many amenities and atmosphere of our beautiful resort. We would love to have you back and hope you will come back to stay with us soon. Sincerely, David Nelson, GM

Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed 4 nights for and extended 4th of July weekend. We had a great time--friendly staff, beautiful grounds and a nice comfortable room. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. The private access beach was a super easy drive. The beach had umbrellas and chairs set up for guests with towels available by the food cabana. We loved the location of the hotel, it was a short drive to Myrtle beach without being right on the beach which can get very crowded. It's also close to Broadway at the Beach where there are lots of shops, restaurants, and attractions. There's also a nice supermarket across the main road that we drove to almost every day for fresh fruit salad. It also has a nice salad bar if you don't want to eat at the hotel everyday. The hotel is a little pricey, but I thought it was worth it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Luv2Travel: Thank you for taking the time to submit your review and I am very glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves on having the friendliest staff and I am glad you were able to experience this first hand. I am also glad you enjoyed our private beach with umbrellas and nice beach chairs with towels…it is nice not to have to compete with the busy public beaches during season. You are right that our location, in the middle of Myrtle Beach yet quietly away from the traffic lends to a relaxing atmosphere. Please come back to visit …we would love to have you stay with us again soon. All the best, David Nelson, GM

Reviewed July 28, 2013

The resort and grounds are very appealing but was not impressed once we entered the hotel. First off there were no signs for registration. We tried checking in at 3:30 and were told our room was not ready and that they would call us when the room was ready. The staff was not very friendly she just gave us a sheet of paper with their amenities. We hung around until 4:30 waiting for someone to call us. We decided to wait back in the line and see if our room was ready. By the time we got to the desk we were told our room was ready. They NEVER called to let us know our room was ready.

Second thing that happened is that when we got to our room we weren't even there all of 5 minutes and housekeeping came in because they apparently weren't fully done stocking our room with towels.

The walls in the resort are paper thin. We could hear everything the people were saying in the room next to us. We could even hear their TV.

Lastly, was check-out. It was like we were invisible, again we got an unfriendly employee. We said we're checking out and she started to check us out and then when another guest came over it was like we weren't even there. They just handed us the receipt, no thank you or anything.

Extremely disappointed with this resort. I will never stay at this hotel again. This hotel is overpriced save your money and go to one of the resorts on the beach.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear KS: Thank you for taking the time to write your review and I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. Your experience is very important to us and I am sorry your check in did not go as smoothly as it should have and you did not feel welcomed and special. I can assure you your experience is of the utmost importance to us….if we failed to show it…I am truly sorry. I am also sorry that you were disturbed by housekeeping as they were delivering towels to your room. Once again, we appreciate you and your business. I sincerely hope you might give us another change to show you what the typical guest experience is like at The Marina Inn at Grande Dunes. Sincerely, David Nelson, GM

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

I'm goig to give this property a "3" rating due to the following: the price was far too high for the room and other amenities. Our stay began with a long wait at 1 of 2 check in desks. This led to an obvious mix up in our room where we were given a handicap accessible room with two queen beds. If we needed room, we sure for it here. The amount of extra space for us left us with a sterile cavern void of warmth. The fitness room was nice, on the surface...no real equipment...but upon further inspection the equipment was quite rusty and dirty. Also, being located within the indoor pool area was a bit odd and very chlorinated. Other than these thing our stay was nice.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank ColliPitt
DavidinMB, General Manager at Marina Inn at Grande Dunes, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear ColliPitt: Thank you for submitting your review and sharing your thoughts. I am sorry for the less than speedy check in. I am also sorry you did not enjoy the extra space in your accommodations. I am going to look at the Handicap accessable rooms and insure there are plenty of appointments so that it does not feel sterile…..great thoughts…thank you for sharing. I have had the fitness equipment deep cleaned a few weeks ago as I noticed the equipment was getting quite a bit of use and needed attention. Thanks again for the observation…I believe you will find it in great shape now…..we are also adding additional fans to keep the area fresh and cool. Once again that you for taking the time to give us your thoughts…we appreciate it more than I can express.
All the best,
David Nelson, GM

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We have been to Myrtle Beach many times and the Marina was by far the best place
we have ever stayed. The loction was close enough but just far enough away from the
traffic. The room was great, the view overlooking the marina was the best. We definitely
will go back.

Room Tip: Overlooking the marina.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kap-9-9-9

Dear Kap-9-9-9: Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your recent stay and thank you for your great comments. I am glad you enjoyed your beautiful room, great views and our quiet location. I hope you will consider visiting us for many years to come. All the best,
David Nelson, GM