What we liked best about the Marina Inn is their staff - unfailingly helpful, friendly, and welcoming at all times, from the front desk to the parking valets to the catering staff. We just returned from a stay there for a business conference (plus a couple extra fun days added on).
The atmosphere of the hotel overall is plush and elegant but not stuffy, and the rooms themselves are simply but very nicely appointed with super comfortable beds (ok, the pillows could have been a little bigger for a king-size bed, but now I'm nitpicking). The bathroom was gorgeous marble and tile with separate tub and shower, very spacious. In fact, the bathroom was nearly as big as the entire hotel room from our last stay in Manhattan (no exaggeration). Our room faced the Intracoastal Waterway, and we were able to watch boats, jumping fish, and even a wedding from our balcony.
Our experiences with the restaurants, especially the Anchor Cafe, a great spot to sit and enjoy the breeze and a nice drink, were also very enjoyable. Good food, reasonably priced for hotel hotel restaurants in a resort town, served by nice, friendly people.
Room internet service was consistent and reliable, no problems at all.
There's a very nice supermarket across the highway if you need one, and it's really a short drive into MB proper and any kind of restaurant you could possibly want.
If you don't need to be in the craziness down on the boardwalk, and you're looking for a nice, quiet, relaxing hotel with plenty of amenities at a reasonable price, this is the place for you. We're looking forward to returning in October!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located to top area attractions; AAA 4 diamond rated since 2007 and a 2011 TripAdvisor Top 25 Hotel in the US. Amenities include private access beach with full amenities; pools, whirlpools, sauna, workout facility, two golf courses and tennis onsite & summer children's activities. Additional amenities include: Wi-Fi, valet parking, concierge and in-room spa services. Dining options range from casual to elegant and include our signature restaurant WaterScapes and Ruths Chris also located onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Odigeo, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Marina Inn at Grande Dunes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Inn At Grande Dunes Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Marina Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Marina Hotel At Grande Dunes