We booked a Mediterranean Club Suite for a two night visit to Myrtle Beach. We asked for an early check-in when booking and we were told they couldn't promise it but would they would try to accomodate us. We arrived around 11 AM and our room wasn't ready. We were offered a room on the first floor but declined that and decided we would wait for a room a little higher. The desk person was a very nice woman I believe her name was Joanne and she was actually from the area near our home. She took our cell number and gave us some suggestions on things to see while we waited for the room. We got the call at 1:45 PM that the room was ready. Check-in was a breeze, there were no others waiting at the time and the hotel seemed quiet.
Upon entering our room(#5502) immediately to the left was a kitchen with a full size refrigerator, stove top with an oven and a microwave. A full size coffee pot and supplies were also provided. Just past the kitchen was a closet with two bath robes and several hangers. Just past the closet was a huge bathroom with a seperate tub and shower, a double sink and large mirror. Also in the bathroom was another closet with shelves. We asked for extra towels and they were waiting for us as requested. The next part of the room was the bedroom which was fully opened to the sitting room. We had a king sized bed, there were four pillows on the bed. The mattress was a little bit on the hard side but we had no problem sleeping on it. There was a flat screen TV in a cabinet. The TV was on the small side, maybe 26 inches, and even though it was a high def flat screen TV it was hooked up to the cable box by a coax cable so the picture quality was not high def. There were many channels available including music channels. A small safe was on the bottom shelf of this cabinent.
The sitting area had a small sofa and two chairs as well as a large coffee table. There was a fireplace in the sitting area but there were no instructions on how to use it and I tried to start it but couldn't and decided not to bother calling the desk to find out if it was functional. Beyond this area was a slider door to the patio. The patio had two wicker chairs and and a small round table. The patio is very private and had a nice view of the waterway and a golf course across from the waterway.
Valet service was excellent, we never had to wait a second for our car after calling for it. The valets were very friendly as well as efficent.
We only ate at the restaurant Waterscapes on site once for breakfast. Service was very slow, considering at the time we were the only patrons that seemed odd. The food was very good but a little expensive.
You have the choice to opt out of maid service if you want and if you do you get a coupon for each day you opt out good for $5 off at the restaurant or their pub Reflections.
They also have a business center where you can print your boading passes for your flight. We didn't use their indoor pool or other facilities.
The property is located within sight of the Carolina Opry, Ruth Chris restaurant and a hospital and is just off route 17.
We found everyone to be friendly, the property was clean and the room was pretty much as advertised. We would consider this location for future visits and recommend it to others who don't require a beach front property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located to top area attractions; AAA 4 diamond rated since 2007 and a 2011 TripAdvisor Top 25 Hotel in the US. Amenities include private access beach with full amenities; pools, whirlpools, sauna, workout facility, two golf courses and tennis onsite & summer children's activities. Additional amenities include: Wi-Fi, valet parking, concierge and in-room spa services. Dining options range from casual to elegant and include our signature restaurant WaterScapes and Ruths Chris also located onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TravelUp, Vacatia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marina Inn at Grande Dunes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Inn At Grande Dunes Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Marina Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Marina Hotel At Grande Dunes